Home

That Franchise Guy Roster Query

This is a discussion on That Franchise Guy Roster Query within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2018, 06:25 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: That Franchise Guy Roster Query

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
It’s the run/pass ratio and situations. It was night and day last year. Before i did the end of season roster update, i had to use generic or custom playbooks to get the AI to call a good game. The default playbooks had too many shot plays and counters and the situations always called for them. Because it seemed like the generic books had blank situations, where they weren’t starred and the cpu AI called what ever their talent called for.

That was M18, in 19 you can’t use the generic playbooks at all in cfm. It’s locked. In 18 the game was way better with updated rosters. They called plays like the situations were blank like on generic playbooks. They called plays based on talent. That’s the best way i can describe it. With default rosters, it seemed like the cpu AI called the same type of game plan every week, but after the update, it felt like they actually did some kind of scheming from week to week.

Reason i noticed was because i had to adjust sliders after the roster update in 18. Had to change up a lot of stuff. It felt like a cpu AI patch. Noticed it this year too. The first roster had weird run/pass ratios and as they’ve made roster updates, the run/pass ratios feel like their more based on talent and coaches scheme and scheme fits.
Gotcha. This year, it feels like the CPU calls a pretty good game on the pre-season roster, but I haven't tried a new roster to compare.

Have you watched and tracked the plays called using the "show previous play" option?

I used customs last year but this year am pleased it's not necessary. I've been pleased with the game thus far and am reticent to try a new thing.

Have you taken the pre-season stock roster into CFM and compared that to updated rosters in CFM for comparison, or are you going off your knowledge of last year's game, mostly?

Just trying to gather data here, since there are always so many contradictory takes on what does what in Madden.
Old 09-02-2018, 06:37 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Gotcha. This year, it feels like the CPU calls a pretty good game on the pre-season roster, but I haven't tried a new roster to compare.

Have you watched and tracked the plays called using the "show previous play" option?

I used customs last year but this year am pleased it's not necessary. I've been pleased with the game thus far and am reticent to try a new thing.

Have you taken the pre-season stock roster into CFM and compared that to updated rosters in CFM for comparison, or are you going off your knowledge of last year's game, mostly?

Just trying to gather data here, since there are always so many contradictory takes on what does what in Madden.
At first i used the preseason, but have used the updates as they’ve came. Haven’t tried the update i got today.

I’m in cpu vs cpu, can’t access previous play.

Give you an example of something I see with updated, compared to preseason. A team like Pitt that uses Bell a lot without someone spelling him, when he gets tired, they go to empty backfield formations some, trying to get the best personell on the field.

Just seems like the preseason rosters are purely driven by the situation allotted in each team’s default playbook, while the updated rosters have playcalling driven more by talent/scheme fit/coaches scheme. Run a bad coaches scheme and you’ll see chaos. Especially if all of the oline men and running backs dont match the scheme. Lot of sacks and TFLs. Or has been with what little I’ve experimented.

Seems like with default preseason roster, the teams either passed or ran too much...can’t remember which, lot of games played since I moved on from the preseason thing. But i bet thatfranchiseguys roster would play worlds better if he’d a held out to use a week 8 or so ea roster as a base.

I don’t plan on doing rosters, but if I did, I’d wait until at least week 4 until I did.

What did y’all see that made the default rosters look better?

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 09-02-2018, 06:38 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
At first i used the preseason, but have used the updates as they’ve came. Haven’t tried the update i got today.

I’m in cpu vs cpu, can’t access previous play.

Give you an example of something I see with updated, compared to preseason. A team like Pitt that uses Bell a lot without someone spelling him, when he gets tired, they go to empty backfield formations some, trying to get the best personell on the field.

Just seems like the preseason rosters are purely driven by the situation allotted in each team’s default playbook, while the updated rosters have playcalling driven more by talent/scheme fit/coaches scheme. Run a bad coaches scheme and you’ll see chaos. Especially if all of the oline men and running backs dont match the scheme. Lot of sacks and TFLs. Or has been with what little I’ve experimented.

Seems like with default preseason roster, the teams either passed or ran too much...can’t remember which, lot of games played since I moved on from the preseason thing. But i bet thatfranchiseguys roster would play worlds better if he’d a held out to use a week 8 or so ea roster as a base.

I don’t plan on doing rosters, but if I did, I’d wait until at least week 4 until I did.

What did y’all see that made the default rosters look better?
Also with the previous called play thing, not sure if it’d be accurate anyway because qbs seem to audible every play. No way to tell if the audible are window dressing or real, but they feel real to me. Especially if you raise qb acc to 66+

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 09-02-2018, 07:44 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Also with the previous called play thing, not sure if it’d be accurate anyway because qbs seem to audible every play. No way to tell if the audible are window dressing or real, but they feel real to me. Especially if you raise qb acc to 66+
FWIW, I took this into a fresh CFM as CHI to see how it went. The game with my current sliders and an updated roster played great, but I didn't see GB call any plays that were not on their game plan. I paid attention to their calls using the show play call option and went back and checked their game plan after the game. Lo and behold, they called stuff on the game plan.

I'm not sure what to do with that info, but that's what I saw/found.
Old 09-02-2018, 08:51 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
FWIW, I took this into a fresh CFM as CHI to see how it went. The game with my current sliders and an updated roster played great, but I didn't see GB call any plays that were not on their game plan. I paid attention to their calls using the show play call option and went back and checked their game plan after the game. Lo and behold, they called stuff on the game plan.

I'm not sure what to do with that info, but that's what I saw/found.
By gameplay, do you mean the weekly feature or inside the actual playbook, the starred plays for 1st down 2 down and long 2nd down and medium...etc.? Something’s different about it because they don’t call as many shot plays.

That facemask thing with aggression seems to have a bigger effect this year compared to last year. Anything 35 and below helps many things with 19. Great find.

Maybe placebo. But it seems different to me. May just be more logic behind it or maybe it’s the audibles. One thing though is they may be using audibles and that’s what you’re seeing previous play. The custom books have lots of audibles. Haven’t even peaked inside them this year because the playcalling is pretty good. But these previous plays, do they show the audible or the play the coach calls from the sideline. You may be seeing tons of gameplay type plays because the qbs audible way more this year. Not sure. Also it maybe a cpu vs cpu thing.

Not every playcall works, but i feel like most of the calls make sense in the context of the game I’m watching.

Teams finished:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2018, 11:19 PM   #22
Rookie

Landonio's Arena

OVR: 2

Does anybody happen to have a list of created players on this roster? Or weekly update notes by chance?
Old 10-15-2018, 01:52 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landonio
Does anybody happen to have a list of created players on this roster? Or weekly update notes by chance?
He uploads a video to his YouTube channel every Friday talking about that week's ratings changes (here's this week's as an example). Unfortunately, he rarely mentions created players, depth chart adjustments, etc..
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions
Old 11-12-2018, 10:03 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofs
I can’t speak to other situations but did notice Earl Thomas got boosted to 93 speed on TFG roster w iMac trait edits. Obviously not in the direction you’d prefer, Tommy.

Never done it before but like the idea of simming season 1. Makes a lot of sense.

Trojan, have had many of the same thoughts as you. I’m doing a fantasy draft now with TFG roster + iMac edits, then planning to start one up with a regular team in 4-5 weeks with a different roster and set of draft classes.
How do this end up working? seems like a lot of work to go in and every player by hand, but if it’s good i’ll try it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »