Home

M20 1988 Roster PS4

This is a discussion on M20 1988 Roster PS4 within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2019, 10:37 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: M20 1988 Roster PS4

I guess ITeach broke from the picket line on that "Stick with Madden 19" pact. Seems like everyone else has joined him as well. I havent been impressed with this game. I'm sure this roster will be great though
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2019, 10:38 PM   #66
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
That is awesome you have group of folks that use the rosters. Way back when, when I first started doing roster, it was just for me. Then, when MaddenShare started, I thought, well I put them out for others and see what happens. Over the years the classic rosters have become popular for a niche group. I know most younger players have no interest, but I making and playing classic rosters is the ONLY reason I play Madden at all. I cannot remember the last time I played through a season with current rosters.
Your wrong about younger people not being interested. I have younger friends and family members who use your classic rosters, and have actually learned players from them.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 09-18-2019, 04:33 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culture Rot
I guess ITeach broke from the picket line on that "Stick with Madden 19" pact. Seems like everyone else has joined him as well. I havent been impressed with this game. I'm sure this roster will be great though
Yeah, I moved on after playing the beta and seeing some of the improvements. I have enjoyed M20 so far and I think the roster is playing well.
Old 09-18-2019, 04:36 PM   #68
MVP

Quote:
Your wrong about younger people not being interested. I have younger friends and family members who use your classic rosters, and have actually learned players from them.
I am glad some younger players enjoy classic rosters, but I don't think that it the main audience is the younger players. Mostly us old guys looking to relive the glory days of professional football. LOL
Old 09-18-2019, 08:11 PM   #69
Rookie

This was the year I started watching, beisdes my favorite year of 1991, this would be the one I'd wanna see. Can't wait till your done.
Old 09-21-2019, 09:46 PM   #70
MVP

Just a quick update:

I have finished the Bills and Colts. I hope to finish the Patriots tomorrow. If all goes as planned, I will have all of the teams finished by the end of next weekend.

Just a reminder, I currently have no intention of making this roster usable in Franchise mode. This is a Play Now roster only. Franchise mode, in my opinion, is near only ok with modern rosters and is basically useless for classic rosters.

In any case, let me know if you are seeing any problems with the roster or playbooks.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:58 AM   #71
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
Just a quick update:

I have finished the Bills and Colts. I hope to finish the Patriots tomorrow. If all goes as planned, I will have all of the teams finished by the end of next weekend.

Just a reminder, I currently have no intention of making this roster usable in Franchise mode. This is a Play Now roster only. Franchise mode, in my opinion, is near only ok with modern rosters and is basically useless for classic rosters.

In any case, let me know if you are seeing any problems with the roster or playbooks.
I mean at the very least isn’t it useful it be able to play a season, and Playoffs, and a super bowl? Even if it’s not ideal to advance forward, i still always use these rosters in the mode for that sake alone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2019, 12:12 PM   #72
MVP

Quote:
I mean at the very least isn’t it useful it be able to play a season, and Playoffs, and a super bowl? Even if it’s not ideal to advance forward, i still always use these rosters in the mode for that sake alone
I do not think so. I cannot stand using the normal Madden playbooks and seeing crazy run/pass ratios as a result of those playbooks. Over the years I have tried to make it work. I finally went the way of some other classic roster makers and decided the extra headache is simply not worth it.

When I play a classic roster, I want the feel of the game to be as close as I can to that season. The Madden Playbooks do not allow that to happen in my opinion. The focus on RPOs this year makes it even worse.

I started keeping track of my own stats a few years ago and playing or watching games in Play Now. I love the experience because I have playbooks that mimic the play of whatever era I am playing. Yes it is more time consuming to keep my own stats. It takes several minutes at the end of a game to type in all of the stats for the game. But, I enjoy it. It keeps me connected with the season. Also, after spending that much time making a roster, I like really being able to use all of the teams. I also keep track of injuries and big trades that actually happened.

For those that are willing to put up with Franchise mode, more power to ya, but I simply cannot until they once again allow users to set run/pass ratios and assign custom playbooks to CPU teams.

I know my decision is not a popular one for some people because it means I am not setting up the expansion teams or free agents. But I have a hard time justifying putting that much more time and effort into something I personally will never use. I know that sounds selfish, but I while I like the ability to share my rosters with the community, ultimately, I make them for myself. Now, I might slowly go back and adjust the expansion teams and lower free agents, but I will not guarantee that. If someone else wants to take the time to do that with my roster, that is fine. I would like a little credit in the roster description though.

Sorry for the rant, but I just wanted to be clear on why I think Franchise mode and classic rosters no longer work, at least for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »