Home

Tackle slider affects FG power!!!

This is a discussion on Tackle slider affects FG power!!! within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2013, 10:10 AM   #17
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Tackle slider affects FG power!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I don't think it's that they don't test. I just think they only test default. They aren't going have time to test this kind of stuff we discover. If the tackle slider never got lowered by a tester you wouldn't know it did this.
If they don't fully test the game whats the point to a test it all. And they have known of the same issues yr after yr, no its just laziness. I'm actually having fun with game but EA puts there weakest effort into madden. No point in fixing anything when they know there making a dump truck of money.Right? Why strive for excellence when mediocrity is rewarded.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 12-22-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:07 AM   #18
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutler23
If they don't fully test the game whats the point to a test it all. And they have known of the same issues yr after yr, no its just laziness. I'm actually having fun with game but EA puts there weakest effort into madden. No point in fixing anything when they know there making a dump truck of money.Right? Why strive for excellence when mediocrity is rewarded.

I'm not saying your wrong but, tackle sliders haven't affected kick accuracy before. These slider issues aren't always the same. All games have issues that aren't caught in testing. I loved Fall out 3 but, that game was very buggy. It took longer than one year to develop that game. The next gen 2k bball has been filled with bugs and issues. I just don't think it's possible to catch everything until thousands of people get the game. I didn't know about the tackling slider affecting FG acc until a few days ago. Just saying
Old 12-22-2013, 11:12 AM   #19
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Not sure it has been noted: but it only affects CPU kicking, not human kicking. I had both tackle sliders set to 15 and while I could kick 50+ yard FGs, the CPU would come up embarrassingly short.
Old 12-22-2013, 02:44 PM   #20
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Not sure it has been noted: but it only affects CPU kicking, not human kicking. I had both tackle sliders set to 15 and while I could kick 50+ yard FGs, the CPU would come up embarrassingly short.

Has anybody tried to see if the CPU FG slider affects tackling as I am not seeing a difference in tackling irregardless if the tackle slider is at 0 or 100 and on any skill level..I just thought of this maybe will try this out later on..
Old 12-22-2013, 02:52 PM   #21
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Sliders in last gen just got so messed up by the end of the generation with penalties sliders affecting other aspects of gameplay.

One thing I want to see next year is an overhaul of sliders. Rip out the cluster**** that is in place now, and redo them properly. Build the right foundation going forward.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2013, 11:21 PM   #22
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I'm not saying your wrong but, tackle sliders haven't affected kick accuracy before. These slider issues aren't always the same. All games have issues that aren't caught in testing. I loved Fall out 3 but, that game was very buggy. It took longer than one year to develop that game. The next gen 2k bball has been filled with bugs and issues. I just don't think it's possible to catch everything until thousands of people get the game. I didn't know about the tackling slider affecting FG acc until a few days ago. Just saying
Ya I hear ya man. If it a new bug so be it, but they can't even fix the old ones yr in and yr out. This next gen is going to be just like old gen I have no faith in EA cut, paste, rinse repeat.

Playing:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »