Home

Sliders that control multiple things

This is a discussion on Sliders that control multiple things within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2014, 09:02 AM   #17
Rookie

SizzleNation's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Sliders that control multiple things

Quote:
Originally Posted by highzman28
Was driving home and had an interesting theory about the sliders cross my mind which lead to two experiments.

Experiment 1:

As stated with the QB ACC having a back door influence of how the CPU calls its plays I thought to myself what if pass coverage and/or reaction time are also influencing how the CPU calls it defense rather then how the CPU player actually perform on the field.

Maybe in this thread or another I think someone wrote that possibly Reaction Time was related to man coverage and Pass Coverage was related to zone coverage so I went with that.

Without getting into too much detail here is what I plugged in and the results I got

Level= All madden
Reaction Time=100
Int=50
Pass Coverage = 0

The cpu played man defense about 70-90% of the time

Level= All madden
Reaction Time= 0
Int=50
Pass Coverage = 100

The cpu played zone defense about 70-90% of the time

*I also saw more blitzes from the CPU with the higher coverage levels

I welcome someone to try it out and see what they get…Hopefully it wasn’t a Placebo

Experiment 2:

**Realizing that maybe the sliders don’t really influence the attributes of the players and instead seems to effect maybe their tendencies, or frequency of things occurring etc..

I went ahead and tested each level of play (rookie, pro, all pro and all madden) on the generic out the box sliders and I came to the conclusion that it’s the level of play that’s really determines how the CPU players will play and not really the sliders.

I used the matchup stick on Percy Harvin vs Richard Sherman and with each level the matchup for Harvins speed difference over Sherman changed.

Rookie= Harvin was like + 14
Pro= Harvin was like +7
All pro= +2
All madden= even

The above are not exact values but just what I kind of remember seeing in from earlier when playing.

I ran a streak on man coverage in each scenario and as expected:
Rookie= Harvin was toasted Sherman 5-7yd separation
Pro= Harvin probably had him by 3 yds
All pro= maybe 1yd to stride for stride
All madden= Sherman was stride for stride

Hopefully this helps us get to better sliders, which in turns helps to create better gameplay because this has been one of the better Madden titles s in recent years IMO
What was the player threshold? It would be interesting to try the same experiment (number 2) with threshold at 0 using players with similar ratings, then with players with a large discrepancy between ratings.
Facebook.com/SizzleNation
Old 08-30-2014, 11:20 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzleNation
What was the player threshold? It would be interesting to try the same experiment (number 2) with threshold at 0 using players with similar ratings, then with players with a large discrepancy between ratings.
I honestly believe at the time I was playing with a 50 threshold but the good news is that the only other threshold I've tried was 0 threshold…so it was only one of the two.
Old 08-30-2014, 01:50 PM   #19
Rookie

hockeyyt988's Arena

OVR: 2

Does anyone know if whether player sliders or CPU sliders effect anything during super sim?

I have a MLB CFM and wonder how the sliders apply to simming, and gameplay when you're only on one side of the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2014, 03:35 PM   #20
Pro

kiddlex's Arena

OVR: 8

This thread is where we need to start to build a decent slider set. Mine some information, and then build accordingly. On that note, it sounds like pro or all pro would be the way to go, to get separate players to feel different and separate stars from average.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:26 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

I don't know. I think the whole Slider options, and how it affects gameplay is totally broken. The Penalty slider should have a miniscule effect to how the players react. That's what the Skills Slider is for. Otherwise adjusting one just counteracts some other setting you made.

Speaking of penalties, why isn't there options for Illegal Contact, Defensive Holding, Unnecessary Roughness, and Blocking in the Back(which I've been burned with a few times)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2014, 09:40 PM   #22
Rookie

buckeyeballa7's Arena

This whole game is bugged. So far I've noticed that the cpu defense seems to know what you are doing before the ball is even snapped. This is apparent when using audibles
MLB-Cleveland Indians

PSN-fulltimehustlin
Old 09-03-2014, 03:55 AM   #23
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

I'm not sure about this, since I only played one game... but...

I was screwing around trying to get Sam Bradford injured in the preseason with Injuries at 100 and I saw a couple penalties I don't normally see (all these were on the CPU):

Late hit on Keenan Lewis.
Illegal Touching by Kenny Stills
2 DPIs on Corey White and Stanley Jean-Baptiste.
I simmed defense so I could get back to Bradford

Penalty sliders were on 98/98 OPI/DPI, 60 RTK, 54 Facemask (1 facemask penalty) and 1 Intentional Grounding.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:28 PM   #24
MVP

tc020791's Arena

I'm doing a lot of testing today with all these theories. Im hoping to have a set together before the season opener tonight. Testing is going great so far. I found that Pass reaction at 5 coupled with RTK at 99 really makes your D fly around the field and allows you to not have to dumb things down as much offensively.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »