Home

CPU QBA Slider SweetSpot?

This is a discussion on CPU QBA Slider SweetSpot? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2014, 01:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
CPU QBA Slider SweetSpot?

Right now I have the CPU QBA Slider set to default 50 on All-Pro on my version of the sliders with Jarrods HUM Defensive Coverage at 100,50,100. I don't want the QBs to be automatic all the time but I still want them to make smart plays and go deep a few shots a game. For those that have more time testing than I have, what have you found with this particular slider. Where is the "SweetSpot" on how low you can go where you still get the QBs to be smart and go deep, but not too high that they are consistently in the 70% to 80% completion bracket?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2014, 02:23 PM   #2
MVP

forme95's Arena

Re: CPU QBA Slider SweetSpot?

I've had acc at 36 and see the CPU go deep plenty of times. The concept works like the real NFL. If the coverage is there to go deep the qb throws it. If coverage is to tight they won't throw deep. It isn't rocket science, even for Madden.

Sent from my LG-VS410PP using Tapatalk 2

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 10-17-2014, 02:31 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesterj89
Right now I have the CPU QBA Slider set to default 50 on All-Pro on my version of the sliders with Jarrods HUM Defensive Coverage at 100,50,100. I don't want the QBs to be automatic all the time but I still want them to make smart plays and go deep a few shots a game. For those that have more time testing than I have, what have you found with this particular slider. Where is the "SweetSpot" on how low you can go where you still get the QBs to be smart and go deep, but not too high that they are consistently in the 70% to 80% completion bracket?
I am in no way trying to be smart or rude Hester, but have you been following all these Posts? The sliders settings are all over the map. Its another year of Madden that's a complete mess. Im seeing QB accuracy set from anywhere from 2 to 75. NUTZ
Old 10-17-2014, 02:36 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlboy82
I am in no way trying to be smart or rude Hester, but have you been following all these Posts? The sliders settings are all over the map. Its another year of Madden that's a complete mess. Im seeing QB accuracy set from anywhere from 2 to 75. NUTZ

I know! Its crazy! My mind starts to cave in on itself when I see all the slider explanations with such big range. Then I go to load up and play, I see the CPU QB start off the game 10 for 10 with all throws like 10 to 15 yards at most. Gets me crazy I guess. I might try out the 36 suggestion and roll with that for at least a few games before moving it again...
Old 10-17-2014, 02:40 PM   #5
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10

30-40 has been my suggestion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2014, 02:55 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesterj89
I know! Its crazy! My mind starts to cave in on itself when I see all the slider explanations with such big range. Then I go to load up and play, I see the CPU QB start off the game 10 for 10 with all throws like 10 to 15 yards at most. Gets me crazy I guess. I might try out the 36 suggestion and roll with that for at least a few games before moving it again...
I have experienced the exact same thing, no matter what QB Acc is set too, or what level im playing on. The CPU QB completes his first 10 - 12 passes before finally having an incompletion. Even using SECLIT3 FBG rosters. My mind is fricken numb and shot from this game, AGAIN !
Old 10-17-2014, 03:37 PM   #7
Banned

Really depends on where you have 8 or 9 other sliders set at. Some keys are pass coverage, reaction time, pass blocking, QB Intentional Grounding, INT's & a couple others. They all impact each other.
Old 10-17-2014, 03:42 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynastyyy
Really depends on where you have 8 or 9 other sliders set at. Some keys are pass coverage, reaction time, pass blocking, QB Intentional Grounding, INT's & a couple others. They all impact each other.

And that right there! is why I get slideritis every year with the series! By the time a get comfortable with a good set, the season is over and inevitable, the next Madden comes out, I buy it, then repeat steps above!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »