Home

Coach Mode Slider Observations

This is a discussion on Coach Mode Slider Observations within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2015, 07:05 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: Coach Mode Slider Observations

Teleo, I'd be curious to hear what your sliders are. Feel free to post them here, especially if you're seeing good results on AP.

As of now, I'm in the default AP camp. The only things I've seen being off are the ones I listed above. I can live with most of them, but not the CPU run game. So as of now, I'm doing a little test (it's tedious, but worth it for the long haul). I'm testing 4 games with CPU RBK = 60, then the same four games with USER TKL = 40. Then I'll do the same four games with everything at default as the control group. I want to see which slider has the biggest impact to improving the CPU run game without skewing anything else.

As of now, I've completed two tests with CPU RBK = 60. AP ran on me for 130+ yards at 5+ ypc in one game, and then a backup HB in the mid 70s ran for 70+ yards at 3.4 ypc. CPU pancakes did increase a little as an expected side effect. Need at least 2 more games to see if there's a pattern.

It's going to take a while to test all this out...like many others, Madden is not high on the priority list with a job and family. But in the meantime, if anyone has any other insights on how to improve the CPU run game, I'm all ears!
Old 10-21-2015, 09:13 PM   #10
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Teleo, I'd be curious to hear what your sliders are. Feel free to post them here, especially if you're seeing good results on AP.

As of now, I'm in the default AP camp. The only things I've seen being off are the ones I listed above. I can live with most of them, but not the CPU run game. So as of now, I'm doing a little test (it's tedious, but worth it for the long haul). I'm testing 4 games with CPU RBK = 60, then the same four games with USER TKL = 40. Then I'll do the same four games with everything at default as the control group. I want to see which slider has the biggest impact to improving the CPU run game without skewing anything else.

As of now, I've completed two tests with CPU RBK = 60. AP ran on me for 130+ yards at 5+ ypc in one game, and then a backup HB in the mid 70s ran for 70+ yards at 3.4 ypc. CPU pancakes did increase a little as an expected side effect. Need at least 2 more games to see if there's a pattern.

It's going to take a while to test all this out...like many others, Madden is not high on the priority list with a job and family. But in the meantime, if anyone has any other insights on how to improve the CPU run game, I'm all ears!

Keep us updated with the results. I'm curios to see other test results.

One thing that is getting annoyed is that since I don't audible on defense and I'm seeing 0 block shading most of my tackles are from FS and SS. They usually lead my team in tackles. I tried every combination possible but if I tweak that then cpu rush get a huge hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-22-2015, 08:35 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21

One thing that is getting annoyed is that since I don't audible on defense and I'm seeing 0 block shading most of my tackles are from FS and SS. They usually lead my team in tackles. I tried every combination possible but if I tweak that then cpu rush get a huge hit.

Josh's penalty sliders for offside and false start along with run blocking in mid 40's seems to combat this very nicely. many more tackles by linemen and LBs.

Offsides: 80
False Start: 80
Offensive Holding:10

A word here on offensive holding....we all love that penalties are now called in this year's game. The unfortunate reality is that my biggest peeve with the blocking is due to a high holding slider. At high levels, the line play becomes very 'sticky'...linemen just do a little dance. With holding set low, blocking becomes much more 'organic'...shedding occurs and blocking becomes more of a push-push mechanic than a hold-hold mechanic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2015, 01:00 PM   #12
Pro

Quote:

Yup, I remember reading this comment from you before in another thread, and it is a legitimate concern. I played one year with the Bengals, and my FS had more tackles than anyone else on the team. But I haven't seen it so far since Patch #2 as I test out the Bears. So far with CPU RBK = 60 (and this is only with 3 games, mind you), I've seen a lot of tackling from my LBs and there seems to be a slight dip in TFLs, too. The problem is the DL. Now, I run a 3-4 zone scheme, so I'm not expecting a lot of tackles with them, but it's rare that any of them get a clean solo tackle. But I'd want to reserve judgment until I play with a 4-3 defense to see if that makes a difference. But as far as my LBs go, they seem to be getting the majority of the tackles (so far, at least).

Per the other comment above, I do love Josh's penalty slider settings. Without a doubt, there is much more organic line play, but for now, I'm trying to stick as close to pure default as possible and test out slight variations. Depending on the results, I may go back and try about coach mode on his set and see what is what.
Old 10-22-2015, 01:05 PM   #13
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

I have tried josh penalties setting because I really want to keep penalties realistic on 6 or so per team avg. but if this do will make my Safties stop being team leaders in tackles I will take it.

The other problem is that I don't shift DL or LB. since cpu doesn't do it. I don't either. So block shading is the only way for my DL and LB to make tackles. I tired. Shifting the LB and DL and I did end up with lb being top leader tacklers but this killed CPU running game. So I felt I was kinda cheesing. Stop using it after that.

Old 10-22-2015, 04:44 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
I have tried josh penalties setting because I really want to keep penalties realistic on 6 or so per team avg. but if this do will make my Safties stop being team leaders in tackles I will take it.

The other problem is that I don't shift DL or LB. since cpu doesn't do it. I don't either. So block shading is the only way for my DL and LB to make tackles. I tired. Shifting the LB and DL and I did end up with lb being top leader tacklers but this killed CPU running game. So I felt I was kinda cheesing. Stop using it after that.

I don't see an inordinate amount of penalties on those 2 sliders since they are cranked to 80. I originally thought I'd get 3-5 each per game but I am not seeing that.
Old 10-23-2015, 12:26 PM   #15
Pro

Just completed my test of CPU RBK = 60. Now, going to replay the same four games with TKL = 40. Again, I'm trying to see which slider helps the best with improving the CPU run game while minimizing its impact elsewhere with game play. I won't post results until after I'm done with the comparison, but it was promising with CPU RBK = 60. Ended up being 2-2 and I actually had to account for the CPU run game in my play calling, which was nice. So more to come...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2015, 10:32 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

who on here has the best coach mode sliders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »