Home

Old 10-27-2019, 08:10 PM   #1
Rookie

Tbjohnson2's Arena

OVR: 0
Speed Theshold

Does anyone recommend playing with ST set higher than 50? Guys in my league easily run for 8+ yards a carry with fast RBs - and I’m trying to find a way to tone that down. What negatives might this cause? Is ST in Madden 20 the same as Madden 19...where ST set at 75 = the old ST set at 50?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2019, 09:29 PM   #2
Rye
Rookie

Rye's Arena

Re: Speed Theshold

I'm not sure about whether it's the same as 19, I'm sure someone else could answer that. But I do know a few guys on here that do use a higher threshold. Aestis has a great set on here for user vs user leagues that I'd recommend checking out, he uses 80 I believe. Flazko also has his set to 90 last I checked. It might definitely help with the high ypc

Sent from my LG-D850 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-27-2019, 09:48 PM   #3
Rookie

Tbjohnson2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rye
I'm not sure about whether it's the same as 19, I'm sure someone else could answer that. But I do know a few guys on here that do use a higher threshold. Aestis has a great set on here for user vs user leagues that I'd recommend checking out, he uses 80 I believe. Flazko also has his set to 90 last I checked. It might definitely help with the high ypc

Sent from my LG-D850 using Operation Sports mobile app

Thanks for the feedback! I dug through some posts and did see some were using higher ST. It just seemed like most were using the standard 50 - more than past years of madden. I think I am going to test out 80 and see if that helps some.
Old 10-28-2019, 08:57 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 21

Higher threshholds will help keep long gainers down since players will not have huge gaps related to their speed and pursuit. Players will be caught from behind and defensive players will be faster to the ball to prevent long RAC.

C
Old 10-30-2019, 09:25 PM   #5
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbjohnson2
Does anyone recommend playing with ST set higher than 50? Guys in my league easily run for 8+ yards a carry with fast RBs - and I’m trying to find a way to tone that down. What negatives might this cause? Is ST in Madden 20 the same as Madden 19...where ST set at 75 = the old ST set at 50?
First question I'd ask is are you using autosubs at default?

For some reason, moving the autosubs sliders to any combination outside of the default settings increases run yardage exponentially. You might also want to look at Pass Block and Tackling sliders too. Moving those might help bring run averages down

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2019, 05:26 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG The Punisher

For some reason, moving the autosubs sliders to any combination outside of the default settings increases run yardage exponentially. You might also want to look at Pass Block and Tackling sliders too. Moving those might help bring run averages down

you have prove for this?

changing auto subs would result in even more unrealistic ypc stats.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:46 PM   #7
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by grilled_rooster
you have prove for this?

changing auto subs would result in even more unrealistic ypc stats.
Yeah, it seems to exponentially increase player acceleration and reduce the effectiveness of the tackling slider. You'll see a lot of broken tackles and when a running back or WR gets free, it regularly leads to huge gains or easy TD's.

Old 12-06-2019, 03:02 PM   #8
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG The Punisher

Yeah, autosubs are funky because they are related to the fatigue slider (and the fatigue slider has a significant impact on the gameplay). In general, increasing the autosub "In" value (set to 80 by default) results in a quicker player locomotion (i.e. sliding). Lowering it can produce better footplanting - but at the cost of momentum - which can lead to some bad interactions along the line and tackles.

Back to threshold....

Threshold is a really key value, even a 1 point difference can greatly begin affecting the overall gameplay balance. This isn't inherently a good thing nor a bad thing but it sets the base environment for the game. While threshold does change the difference in speed/accel separation, higher threshold does not necessarily equal fewer big plays - it depends greatly on how the other sliders are set. Big plays are often about timing (i.e. where are blockers set up relative to the runner) and pursuit angles. Threshold will impact both of those things because you've changed the relative speeds in which players are moving.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »