Home

All madden QB accuracy?

This is a discussion on All madden QB accuracy? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2017, 06:44 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: All madden QB accuracy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splice
Like I just finished a Seahawks vs Bengals game. We lost 25-18 to the Bengals.

Rawls wasn't doing crap averaging 1.9 yards a carry so we just started passing only in the 3rd quarter down 17-3.

Russel Wilson finished 37 of 57 for 345 yards. He had 2 touchdowns and 2 interceptions. We were able to hold the Bengals offense to 48 yards rushing. But what I can't ever get down is the CPU passing game. We had 4 sacks and the Bengals receivers had a few drops. But the coverage is just never there. The lowest Y/C for a Bengals receiver was 15.2. Andy Dalton went 15 of 22 for 324 yards, averaging over 20 yards a completion! And his YPA was 14.7. In the NFL there's maybe a couple that can throw for 9 but 5.5-8 is pretty normal. Even Madden simulation statistics has this down pretty realistic. But there's just nothing I can. Pass Coverage at 100? Makes no difference. Call zone? Wide open down the field. Call man? Tight Ends will eat you alive. Call zone blitz? You have to settle with having an unrealistic amount of sacks per game and even then, you'll always get caught deep further padding the YPA and overall overpowered CPU passing game.

You also shouldn't need to send extra pressure. If you have an elite front 4, then they should be making pressure every drop back, versus a terrible defense like the Saints that need to bring 5-6 people on the blitz. But ratings don't matter in Madden. It doesn't matter if you have a secondary full of Richard Sherman duplicates or Joe Blow duplicates, the pass coverage is always going to be the same. The only difference really is the amount of interceptions you get, but you will still give up 300+ yards no matter what. How many games do the Seahawks give up 350 yards passing on 15 attempts and letting a QB average over 20 yards a completion? It's just frustrating that the only decent way to play this game is through Play The Moment, because for once, Madden sim stats are actually better than what you could generate playing the game.
I would say "Ratings don't matter on All-Madden difficulty". Actually, All-Madden difficulty is broken and like you said, there is no difference between a crappy O-Line against a elite D-Line, coverage is non-existent anymore, QB Robot are just insane, etc.

Personnally, I'm waiting for the February patch and if this things are not patched, I'll delete Madden from my PS4.
Old 01-21-2017, 07:51 AM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charvalos
I would say "Ratings don't matter on All-Madden difficulty". Actually, All-Madden difficulty is broken and like you said, there is no difference between a crappy O-Line against a elite D-Line, coverage is non-existent anymore, QB Robot are just insane, etc.

Personnally, I'm waiting for the February patch and if this things are not patched, I'll delete Madden from my PS4.
I personally don't like setting sliders above 50, because it only shrinks the gap between 75 Ovr players and 95 Ovr players. Especially on defense.

For example if your running game is terrible on default All-Pro, you shouldn't be increasing run blocking. Then every offensive line will be the same, whether you have the Cowboys or Eagles. You should lower the tackle. This would mean a 65 tackle 69 overall backup LB would play like trash compared to say Joey Bosa. On the other hand if you bumped tackling up instead of down, you wouldn't really notice a difference between the 2 players.

I've played 4 games so far with default All-Pro besides setting Hum/Cpu QBA to 5, PB to 25, and WRC to 36.

I've won 3 games and lost 1. I was the team in bold.

Cowboys @ Jaguars W 28-17
Giants @ Colts W 26-6
Seahawks @ Bengals L 18-25
Buccaneers @ Titans W 38-35

I'm averaging 360 total yards a game while the CPU averages 340.

I'm averaging 70.5% completion rate per game while the CPU averages 62%.

Thanks to the other guy in this thread that mentioned QBA only really works when the QB is under pressure. I've been running different blitz plays on just about all downs now and the game has been more fun. In the last 2 games, I've held Andrew Luck to 50% completion and 4 picks averaging 4.8 yards an attempt, and then stopped Dak Prescott to 65% completion, 1 touchdown, 2 picks, and 6.5 yards an attempt. The first 2 games the QBs were like robots.

The only issue I notice is that when the QB moves out of the pocket, he just runs until he gets sacked. I'm thinking of turning off intentional grounding to see how the QBs play. I know in older Madden titles, turning that off made a huge improvement to QB AI.

There's still a ton of adjustments to make. Like in 4 games, I've averaged 3.5 yards a carry and CPU 3.2, but 3 of the games each side has been under 2.5 yards per carry. I may lower tackle by 10 for both player and CPU. I don't want to increase run block because then every OL will be the same.

Also I have only thrown 2 picks in 4 games, while my defense has gotten 8. I think I'm going to lower Hum INT by 5 and continue playing.
Old 01-21-2017, 08:19 AM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Like I just finished a Seahawks vs Bengals game. We lost 25-18 to the Bengals.

Rawls wasn't doing crap averaging 1.9 yards a carry so we just started passing only in the 3rd quarter down 17-3.

Russel Wilson finished 37 of 57 for 345 yards. He had 2 touchdowns and 2 interceptions. We were able to hold the Bengals offense to 48 yards rushing. But what I can't ever get down is the CPU passing game. We had 4 sacks and the Bengals receivers had a few drops. But the coverage is just never there. The lowest Y/C for a Bengals receiver was 15.2. Andy Dalton went 15 of 22 for 324 yards, averaging over 20 yards a completion! And his YPA was 14.7. In the NFL there's maybe a couple that can throw for 9 but 5.5-8 is pretty normal. Even Madden simulation statistics has this down pretty realistic. But there's just nothing I can. Pass Coverage at 100? Makes no difference. Call zone? Wide open down the field. Call man? Tight Ends will eat you alive. Call zone blitz? You have to settle with having an unrealistic amount of sacks per game and even then, you'll always get caught deep further padding the YPA and overall overpowered CPU passing game.

You also shouldn't need to send extra pressure. If you have an elite front 4, then they should be making pressure every drop back, versus a terrible defense like the Saints that need to bring 5-6 people on the blitz. But ratings don't matter in Madden. It doesn't matter if you have a secondary full of Richard Sherman duplicates or Joe Blow duplicates, the pass coverage is always going to be the same. The only difference really is the amount of interceptions you get, but you will still give up 300+ yards no matter what. How many games do the Seahawks give up 350 yards passing on 15 attempts and letting a QB average over 20 yards a completion? It's just frustrating that the only decent way to play this game is through Play The Moment, because for once, Madden sim stats are actually better than what you could generate playing the game.
When I was doing my steelers franchise when the game was released I always had problems with dalton. He was rated as "trigger happy" and the ball would come out quick to down field receivers. He tended to play like all qb's do in the fourth the whole game. I am with you on the secondary and ratings beside physical ones not matter in except for interceptions. The game overall on defens is lackluster. I Remember 15 years ago when playing against urlacher or ray Lewis they would disrupt your game. JJ Watt is the most disruptive force I have ever seen in the nfl, yet when I play the Texans I don't worry about him. If you choose to do a franchise for another team in the AFC south you should be worried that you have to deal with JJ for the next ten years.
Old 01-21-2017, 10:24 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
When I was doing my steelers franchise when the game was released I always had problems with dalton. He was rated as "trigger happy" and the ball would come out quick to down field receivers. He tended to play like all qb's do in the fourth the whole game. I am with you on the secondary and ratings beside physical ones not matter in except for interceptions. The game overall on defens is lackluster. I Remember 15 years ago when playing against urlacher or ray Lewis they would disrupt your game. JJ Watt is the most disruptive force I have ever seen in the nfl, yet when I play the Texans I don't worry about him. If you choose to do a franchise for another team in the AFC south you should be worried that you have to deal with JJ for the next ten years.
Exactly. If you were playing the Texans you would want to get the ball out quickly with short passes. But nope, you can stand in the pocket all day while Watt or Clowney gets suctioned blocked by a 79 Ovr Tackle.

Same thing kind of goes for running the ball. You can set your sliders to get a decent average yards per carry, but all backs are about the same. The only thing that really makes a difference is their traits to perform special moves. There's a huge difference between Bell and some 76 Ovr back, but a 76 Ovr back and a 84 Ovr back with no traits? Pretty much the same player.

This is my first Madden since Madden 12 I believe, and while I enjoy all of the improvements, at least ratings somewhat mattered back then. A 76 Ovr QB was nothing like a Big Ben or Matt Ryan. A 76 Ovr HB was nothing like AP or Shady, etc. But I remember the sim stats being terrible too and it was impossible to have a fun franchise unless you controlled all 32 teams, and then it took forever to get through a season. Now it's the complete opposite. I'm content with sim stats despite it being a pretty balanced offense for every single team, and I like that you can go into league schedule and pick winners and losers, so you don't have the Browns or Bills making the Super Bowl year 1.

I'm just going to keep playing Play Now for right now tracking things in a spreadsheet. I don't need to track everything. If I can get COMP% and YPA for QB and YPC for HB to realistic numbers, everything else should balance out on the offense side. On the defense, I'm not too worried about the S/CB getting the most tackles issue. I just want to decrease the TFL statistics and have a realistic number of sacks, interceptions, and fumble recoveries per game.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:36 AM   #21
Pro

benton32's Arena

OVR: 11

yes this is driving me nuts no matter what QB i use, or who i face, lately its been 70% or better passing, lol oh well,

but just makes it to easy to not have to worry about qbs,

right now i have it on rookie all default but im on broadcast mode so i dunno what settings that style uses to,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2017, 08:15 AM   #22
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:
On the defense, I'm not too worried about the S/CB getting the most tackles issue. I just want to decrease the TFL statistics and have a realistic number of sacks, interceptions, and fumble recoveries per game.
This is a huge problem, as the CPU LB's, MLB especially get 150+ tackles EASILY each year, while yours never get close.

The most Ive had with Luke Flippin Keuchly for a whole season was 97.

Thats just dumb. My SS though? 75 overall Sean Davis. 125.

What?

They are not going to fix this, and they have talked about the QBA slider as if its not an issue. Which its not for there MUT and online fanboys. Its just us sim guys who want it fixed, and most of us dont buy those dumb card packs or whatever.
Old 02-07-2017, 04:27 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
This is a huge problem, as the CPU LB's, MLB especially get 150+ tackles EASILY each year, while yours never get close.

The most Ive had with Luke Flippin Keuchly for a whole season was 97.

Thats just dumb. My SS though? 75 overall Sean Davis. 125.

What?

They are not going to fix this, and they have talked about the QBA slider as if its not an issue. Which its not for there MUT and online fanboys. Its just us sim guys who want it fixed, and most of us dont buy those dumb card packs or whatever.

I almost always have at least 1 or 2 linebackers with 100+ tackles, and they are high 70 overall players. But it's always the safeties with 130+ tackles every season regardless of ratings.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-08-2017, 08:57 AM   #24
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:
I almost always have at least 1 or 2 linebackers with 100+ tackles, and they are high 70 overall players. But it's always the safeties with 130+ tackles every season regardless of ratings.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
And the worst thing is that most of the time that safety has a tackle and pursuit rating in the mid 60s to low 70s. Whereas my LBs ahve 90+ in each almost everytime.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »