Home

Default All Pro Plays Great if you do one thing

This is a discussion on Default All Pro Plays Great if you do one thing within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2015, 03:49 PM   #1
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8
Default All Pro Plays Great if you do one thing

After always finding default All Pro way too easy and All Madden way to hard, I messed around with sliders and just continued to get frustrated with slideritis. Then I tried something that has completely changed the game for me. My games now have a ton of variety. I win some, lose others, and the games are usually close. I no longer can run for 150 yards a game (still yet to crack 100 since the change) and I'm getting realistic completion percentages. I can't believe how good this game plays on default all pro now, and after years of playing this game and thinking it was too easy on all pro, I can't believe I'm saying this.

What did I do? Simple. I don't call my own plays. I set it on simple playcalling (where one play shows up) and I run whatever play the CPU picks for me. It prevents spamming money plays and catching the cpu off guard (throwing long on 2nd and short, etc). I now am forced to run plays that I don't have high percentages of success with. It's forced me to play the game a totally different way, and the results have been fantastic.

Honestly, something so ridiculously simple as this, has completely changed this game for me. I can't see ever going back to calling my own plays until madden either makes all pro harder or all madden easier. All of a sudden, this game is fun again.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that does this. Hass anyone else in a similar situation tried this and noticed similar results?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2015, 08:13 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Default All Pro Plays Great if you do one thing

I started doing this a few years ago and it saved the game for me.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:06 AM   #3
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

I try this but it doesn't stop any qb from going 19 for 20 every single game. In year 2 of my one of my CCMs I injured tom Brady, garrapolo comes in and goes 19 for 19
Old 02-03-2015, 12:38 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Love the idea, but you might make one little adjustment to it. Instead of picking the first play that comes up, scroll through until you find one with a Knight chesspiece displayed next to it. Those are strategy picks that the CPU is selecting based on down, distance AND what the other team likes to call in that situation.

If you pick the first play that shows up you're likely to get a community pick (which, if you know the madden community, it's probably cheese), or a frequent pick.

That's it...enjoy!

Last edited by bcruise; 02-03-2015 at 12:40 AM.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:04 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Love the idea, but you might make one little adjustment to it. Instead of picking the first play that comes up, scroll through until you find one with a Knight chesspiece displayed next to it. Those are strategy picks that the CPU is selecting based on down, distance AND what the other team likes to call in that situation.

If you pick the first play that shows up you're likely to get a community pick (which, if you know the madden community, it's probably cheese), or a frequent pick.

That's it...enjoy!
Hmmm...I'm typically a coach mode player and I know madden has "coach mode" via the auto-pass but, before finding that out, I was attempting to learn to play QB. For realism, being that football is the ultimate team sport, I either coach or if I have to play QB I like to let the CPU dial in the plays for authenticity. I'll be giving this a go when I get home from work today.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2015, 09:48 AM   #6
Rookie

EJQJ99's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm a coach mode person also and I've been desperately trying to find a nice set to see it realistically played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-04-2015, 02:04 AM   #7
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

Interesting you said that about the chess piece. I had been actually doing that sometimes.
Old 02-04-2015, 08:29 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

I also do this, as I feel the CPU's play calling puts them at a big disadvantage. I feel if I use coach suggestions, it somewhat levels the playing ground.

As for the chess piece thing, I generally go to suggestions then slide across to the "strategy" picks. Are they all chess pieces? I've never really taken notice of the little sign, though I have seen it before.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »