Home

EA, tell us what sliders do, please!

This is a discussion on EA, tell us what sliders do, please! within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2019, 11:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
EA, tell us what sliders do, please!

I know as I am typing this that EA is not going to do this. However, i'm doing it anyway. EA, if you are reading this, it is time to give us a guide related to exactly what each slider does (including penalties) because there does not have to be theories if you offer facts. Do you really enjoy watching many people create slider threads with tons of different theories when you have the information available to offer? Yes I have been on here for a decade and know many of you are going to laugh at me for making this post. Aren't you laughing because deep down you want this but know it isn't going to happen? It's not funny!

What do you possibly have to lose with giving us the information related to sliders? It is only going to help us make Madden a better product overall.

Yes I know many people say, EA doesn't even know what the sliders do at this point as they are buried in millions of lines of code.

It used to be funny, but it is not funny anymore. Quit holding slider information hostage and give the users the control they need to create the experience they want. What are you possibly scared of, your EA.

I know I might get 2 replies from this post, but deep down you are all in this with me, reading and shaking your heads yes.
..."And there's a frequent bug that turns the receivers' route markers into dancing squiggly lines. None of these problems destroy the fun of running a perfect option play, but they do take you out of what should be an immersive experience."....

Last edited by smoove7; 01-01-2019 at 11:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2019, 02:28 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: EA, tell us what sliders do, please!

I concur whole heartily. Great post. I feel as an investor in this game year after year, I really don't understand hoe a game as great as Madden could be, is not. NCAA college football always out did Madden and there were so many more teams. I'm with you.
Old 01-02-2019, 02:44 PM   #3
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

EA devs (Clint I believe) have publicly admitted that they need to work on them. I'm not sure what else there is to say here. They aren't going to say, "this slider does this and may also affect this, this, this, and this but we aren't 100% sure".

I agree with your sentiment and I think this happens WHEN they fix them. They've been very transparent with what player ratings do and have done more than ever before at providing detailed patch note explanations. I'm sure sliders will be handled the same way....just not now - not in their current state.
Old 01-02-2019, 07:55 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Thank you for the replies and Josh thank you for all that you have and continue to do. Been a fan of you for years now!

My concern is that we have had sliders for years which can be a good thing. But, we are more than likely going to have sliders for years to come and I fear this trend will continue. I am hopeful that at some point maybe as technology grows, EA can somehow rebuild the sliders (and other things) from the ground up and tell us what they do including penalty sliders.

Technology helped send people to the moon decades ago, sliders shouldn't be rocket science.
..."And there's a frequent bug that turns the receivers' route markers into dancing squiggly lines. None of these problems destroy the fun of running a perfect option play, but they do take you out of what should be an immersive experience."....
Old 01-05-2019, 12:36 PM   #5
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
EA devs (Clint I believe) have publicly admitted that they need to work on them. I'm not sure what else there is to say here. They aren't going to say, "this slider does this and may also affect this, this, this, and this but we aren't 100% sure".

I agree with your sentiment and I think this happens WHEN they fix them. They've been very transparent with what player ratings do and have done more than ever before at providing detailed patch note explanations. I'm sure sliders will be handled the same way....just not now - not in their current state.
Work on them? That means throwing all sliders out the window again..crazy
Old 01-05-2019, 12:53 PM   #6
Rookie

skundy's Arena

OVR: 1

I am convinced that nobody at EA really ever plays Madden the way most of us on here do. However I am thankful for the sliders because it does allow us to make the game play how we want it.

I would love detailed information on what sliders do. It's almost like they are scared of us to have the info because they know we can make the game play so much better than they can.

The way the slider definitions have changed over the years makes me think that sometimes even EA doesn't know "exactly" what each slider does but they do at least have an approximation of what each slider does.

Regardless, thanks EA for giving us some freedom in adjusting the game but can't you see we are info junkies?

-Know yourself-you win 50% of the time.
-Know your opponent-you win 50% of the time.
-Know yourself and your opponent- 100%Pwng
The Art of War- Sun Tzu

Old 01-05-2019, 01:08 PM   #7
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2

Giving you tools to make adjustments but not explaining how they work, I guess is better than nothing at all.. LOL
Old 01-05-2019, 01:22 PM   #8
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I think they would have to blow up that "million miles of coding" and start from scratch, but will they?(time, money and resources)

I've communicated with one developer in the past, if you touch a line of code, you could affect another part of the game.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »