Home

Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-27-2019, 01:24 PM   #841
Pro

Redskins041's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies6f
I’m going to try changing catching as well. I like where the CPU QB is at in terms of risk/reward but they are just making too many plays. Really want to be able to make defensive stops without turning the cpu over or getting a sack. I don’t think I’ve had a single cpu drive end in an incomplete pass and then a punt in my past three game.

I just had Jonah Williams (a left tackle) sky over my LB in an aggressive catch on a fake punt lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Let me know how it goes. I'll probably do some testing tonight when I have time with 20-25 cpu accuracy and 42-44 cpu catch. And what clock are u using? Im using 12 min 17 accel and im getting a little below average amount of plays around 115 usually thought it was ok because it tones down points and yards and stats but the little running attempts by the cpu kinda bothers me just curious how many plays you were getting with what you were using? I think if I can find out the right value for accuracy and catching for cpu the set could be as good as it can get and its already good for me right now or hopefully those first 3 games were just a fluke but I doubt it. But I can deal with it and not restart since the games played so well and were so fun other than that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2019, 01:37 PM   #842
Rookie

I thought by increasing CPU accuracy and pass block the cpu pass game would be harder to stop but the opposite is true. You need a little bit of that robo qb imo to keep the cpu drive alive. I was testing the cpu with cpu pb and pa at higher levels in the 40-50 range and in one game I punted the ball back to the cpu on first down atleast a dozen times before they managed to score in the endzone. I wouldn’t go too crazy with pa or pb, a bumb here or there is probably ok though.

Old 08-27-2019, 01:57 PM   #843
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

First off, with Completion percentage. Again, this is such a broad term. Completion relative to what? If the completion percentage is high, but the CPU doesn't score from it - what is the issue? What type of routes are being run? If a player is not open, should they still be thrown to? If the CPU chooses to make the pass to a player who has a tad bit separation, isn't that a good thing?

The throws to the TE or RB should be okay. Even from a couple of stats, I've seen star receivers getting the ball. Did you know that the Highest Yards per pass thrown was 9.6 last year? If you were coaching an NFL QB, would you want them to attempt to throw the ball to where it can be batted down or intercepted?

I want my sliders to play like NFL QBs at the helm. I want them to make those short, tight, throws. If they get under pressure, then I want to see what they're made of.

Modifying values, and saying it's just high completion % ,that can get obsessive. You are trying to control TOO MUCH of the game that way. Are you planning on testing with multiple teams? The way I do? If not, then you will be doing the thread a big disservice.

I don't want to make a 60 ovr CB play like a 99 ovr CB. Read within those ratings, such as MCV or ZCV.

Read them within the QBs you are facing against as well. What are their Short, Medium, Deep throw ratings? For example, I'm in the 3rd quarter against backup Geno Smith for the Seahawks, and he is having a decent game, currently 10/15 for 78 yards and just threw a short TD pass in the red zone.

He's a 58 overall.

So I'm looking at his ratings, and wondering what is going on. There we go, short pass accuracy 81 - medium 69 - long 67. He's thrown one medium pass to a TE on a fade. Since then, he's thrown short slants and curls to the receivers. He got picked off by Talib on a medium curl route finally. Unfortunately, Goff (me) was feeling a bit too much momentum. I connected with Cooks double covered for 30 yards, but then tried to throw deep again to a well covered Woods, and he basically tried to play DB, but couldn't prevent Flowers from intercepting the ball. Momentum the other way.

There are so many little things in this game. The ratings are well respected. The gameplay reflects that. Throwing out these broad numbers here and there really don't tell the whole story.

That brings me to my next point. Back to Geno who is 58 overall. He's having a good game now, a TD and a pick, but what's cool is there is a possibility that he can actually progress. What if he played like a true "58 overall"? Meaning, by our logic, he shouldn't be able to make a pass forward without throwing it into the ground. But no, once he starts connecting, yup...sliders, have to start lowering that one now.

We can't do that. That is the worst way to tackle sliders. You have to understand the core of the game. Madden 20 has done a fantastic job in the ratings, and the depth they provide. Don't shortchange yourself by tinkering with too many values game-by-game. You will be surprised what kind of storylines you're going to miss out on.

That's my 2 cents.
Old 08-27-2019, 02:11 PM   #844
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

OVR: 2

I concur with what you just said Matt.. Just have fun with the game and not be overly obsessive's with it..I still don't like the CPU logic before the half with 3 timeouts in my territory and they refuse to kick a fg. I just keep it moving.

That's it game on!
Old 08-27-2019, 02:43 PM   #845
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyberious4now
I concur with what you just said Matt.. Just have fun with the game and not be overly obsessive's with it..I still don't like the CPU logic before the half with 3 timeouts in my territory and they refuse to kick a fg. I just keep it moving.

That's it game on!

I’ve noticed that lol. They just let the clock run out when they can use a time out and kick a field goal before the half. What the heck! I don’t remember that happening last year so hopefully that gets patched.

I completely agree with Matt also. I’ve made the mistake of thinking I can adjust everything to my liking but usually end up with something that’s nothing close to what I was hoping for. I’d caution people against basing how they think the sliders work off of a couple games. From what I’ve seen, most of the sliders affect multiple aspects of gameplay and if your trying to achieve one thing by adjusting a slider you should expect other aspects to change also.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2019, 02:47 PM   #846
Rookie

phillies6f's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
First off, with Completion percentage. Again, this is such a broad term. Completion relative to what? If the completion percentage is high, but the CPU doesn't score from it - what is the issue? What type of routes are being run? If a player is not open, should they still be thrown to? If the CPU chooses to make the pass to a player who has a tad bit separation, isn't that a good thing?

The throws to the TE or RB should be okay. Even from a couple of stats, I've seen star receivers getting the ball. Did you know that the Highest Yards per pass thrown was 9.6 last year? If you were coaching an NFL QB, would you want them to attempt to throw the ball to where it can be batted down or intercepted?

I want my sliders to play like NFL QBs at the helm. I want them to make those short, tight, throws. If they get under pressure, then I want to see what they're made of.

Modifying values, and saying it's just high completion % ,that can get obsessive. You are trying to control TOO MUCH of the game that way. Are you planning on testing with multiple teams? The way I do? If not, then you will be doing the thread a big disservice.

I don't want to make a 60 ovr CB play like a 99 ovr CB. Read within those ratings, such as MCV or ZCV.

Read them within the QBs you are facing against as well. What are their Short, Medium, Deep throw ratings? For example, I'm in the 3rd quarter against backup Geno Smith for the Seahawks, and he is having a decent game, currently 10/15 for 78 yards and just threw a short TD pass in the red zone.

He's a 58 overall.

So I'm looking at his ratings, and wondering what is going on. There we go, short pass accuracy 81 - medium 69 - long 67. He's thrown one medium pass to a TE on a fade. Since then, he's thrown short slants and curls to the receivers. He got picked off by Talib on a medium curl route finally. Unfortunately, Goff (me) was feeling a bit too much momentum. I connected with Cooks double covered for 30 yards, but then tried to throw deep again to a well covered Woods, and he basically tried to play DB, but couldn't prevent Flowers from intercepting the ball. Momentum the other way.

There are so many little things in this game. The ratings are well respected. The gameplay reflects that. Throwing out these broad numbers here and there really don't tell the whole story.

That brings me to my next point. Back to Geno who is 58 overall. He's having a good game now, a TD and a pick, but what's cool is there is a possibility that he can actually progress. What if he played like a true "58 overall"? Meaning, by our logic, he shouldn't be able to make a pass forward without throwing it into the ground. But no, once he starts connecting, yup...sliders, have to start lowering that one now.

We can't do that. That is the worst way to tackle sliders. You have to understand the core of the game. Madden 20 has done a fantastic job in the ratings, and the depth they provide. Don't shortchange yourself by tinkering with too many values game-by-game. You will be surprised what kind of storylines you're going to miss out on.

That's my 2 cents.

Idk it’s just been frustrating recently with every QB feeling the same. There has been little difference between Dalton, Mariota and Trubisky for me. No matter what my defense is giving up around 300 passing yards per game and it’s just been repetitive. Even playing with my other franchise (Bengals) that I just stopped my defense was excellent and due to sacks/turnovers allowed great points per game but seemed without fail gave up 70 % and 300. It becomes kinda boring

Old 08-27-2019, 02:49 PM   #847
Pro

good sliders. my only complaint is 11m @15ACC doesn't give time for enough plays. sure either cpu or human may have enough but its not long enough for both teams to have a realistic play count together.

Any tips would be helpful. I play coach suggestion & i don't watch the cut scenes in between plays

Note i did try 15m @ 15 ACC the cpu had 38 plays at half with 8 possessions. i kinda feel like that is to many possessions to have before half time.
Old 08-27-2019, 02:50 PM   #848
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardJetsFan
I am just curious as to what most people are using as a difficulty for these sliders. AM or AP. Would love to do a poll or something. I am buying this game soon and will be using this set of sliders but want to use the difficulty setting most of the input is deriving from. Thanks in advance guys and gals.
All Madden here

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »