Home

Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-15-2019, 03:17 PM   #2705
Rookie

phillies6f's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanstephans
I agree with you that Cover 3 is like a talisman the CPU cannot crack. At least not in the red zone. And this gets us back to the poor playcalling for the CPU in the red zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

And I don’t want to call defense that make me feel like I’m “letting” the CPU score. It’s really a shame, at the beginning of the year with Version 8 of these sliders I was really having an awesome time and though franchise was playable again. Unfortunately the patches have really progressively driven down the quality of the game for me.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2019, 03:18 PM   #2706
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnino457
So if we are not supposed to play defense anymore

to get a better game

then we should take out the cd as soon as possible and break it

if this is our claim to have a satisfied playing feel then the game is broken and is no good

I absolutely agree that the redzone behavior of the cpu is a shame 1.14-1.15

for me personally, the game is not playable for two weeks

how can a game get worse from patch to patch and we settle for less and talk to each other well?

meanwhile I have even doubt that this game is better than 19

this is the first year in which i have no franchise in the middle of october

and I know a lot of people that feel the same way

I have nothing against the sets that all have here

you do great work but none really works because the cpu does not allow it because you can screw around so much it will not help

Hardly anyone who has not already started 5 times over

sry that I write out of pure frustration and that is not up to you

but I tried everything and it does not get better

and we try hard to get the feel of the latest updates and give us bad satisfaction because good does not work

I hope for an update and you guys should do that as well

Two things: it’s your game, play it however you like; and if you are interested in simulating—and thereby outmaneuvering the CPU coach, al la a chess match—as close to a true NFL experience as possible, then you have to recognize the limitations of any video game and adjust your style of play accordingly.

Of course you should be able to beat the CPU consistently and without much trouble. You’re a sentient person who can adjust your inputs whereas the CPU is reliant on coded programming to create an affordable, commercially available product.

I’m going to be frank; it sounds like you want NSA-level software and programming to be able to test your mettle against the real NFL. At the end of the day, this is a video game designed purely for entertainment. If it’s not fun for you, don’t play it.

Old 10-15-2019, 03:19 PM   #2707
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cirespieler
Another idea for red zone CPU is to control your opponent that week and have them do the Red Zone offense exercise to give a stat boost when they’re in the RZ. Did this a few years back.

I think this is brilliant! I’m going to investigate this option for a few games...

Old 10-15-2019, 03:39 PM   #2708
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies6f
And I don’t want to call defense that make me feel like I’m “letting” the CPU score. It’s really a shame, at the beginning of the year with Version 8 of these sliders I was really having an awesome time and though franchise was playable again. Unfortunately the patches have really progressively driven down the quality of the game for me.

Totally. I wouldn’t want to have to “let” the CPU score with my own soft playcalling either. I’m going to try the other guy’a suggestion of taking control of the other franchise and doing red zone training for them on both sides of the ball for a few weeks. I’ll report back about how it works out. Fingers crossed!

Old 10-15-2019, 03:58 PM   #2709
Pro

Just don’t get how to stop the win at all. Just had Winston yes Winston 29-30. Only thing that was complete was a user pick. Nothing he threw hit the ground. Nothing. I’m wondering if lowing cpu qb to 40 instead of 50 would give some chances for incomplete passes. Otherwise I might have to give up. 29-30 smh
Old 10-15-2019, 04:03 PM   #2710
Rookie

elnino457's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanstephans
Two things: it’s your game, play it however you like; and if you are interested in simulating—and thereby outmaneuvering the CPU coach, al la a chess match—as close to a true NFL experience as possible, then you have to recognize the limitations of any video game and adjust your style of play accordingly.

Of course you should be able to beat the CPU consistently and without much trouble. You’re a sentient person who can adjust your inputs whereas the CPU is reliant on coded programming to create an affordable, commercially available product.

I’m going to be frank; it sounds like you want NSA-level software and programming to be able to test your mettle against the real NFL. At the end of the day, this is a video game designed purely for entertainment. If it’s not fun for you, don’t play it.

I realize you did not understand the criticism

I do not compare a game with the nfl

but I compare the game with the game three weeks ago and it is a shame (my opinion)
because it is no coincidence that so many pages are reported negatively as the behavior of the cpu has deteriorated

and my opinion is and this is a forum in which I hope one opinion is allowed

No matter what time we invest it will not be better as long as no update comes

we either have to be satisfied with it or wait

and who understands this now as an attack on the slider is your own fault
because the slider is good as good as it is possible this is not guilty
Old 10-15-2019, 04:50 PM   #2711
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnino457
I realize you did not understand the criticism

I do not compare a game with the nfl

but I compare the game with the game three weeks ago and it is a shame (my opinion)

because it is no coincidence that so many pages are reported negatively as the behavior of the cpu has deteriorated

and my opinion is and this is a forum in which I hope one opinion is allowed

No matter what time we invest it will not be better as long as no update comes

we either have to be satisfied with it or wait

and who understands this now as an attack on the slider is your own fault

because the slider is good as good as it is possible this is not guilty

I understood your criticism quite well. I happen to disagree with it...but that is not important. I’m not willing to argue about who’s point of criticism is more or less valid.

What I will say is that I think you may have unrealistic expectations for a game that has a history of these sorts of setbacks before the final patch is released. Regardless, I welcome your opinion, even when I disagree with it.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2019, 05:58 PM   #2712
Pro

BlackLightning3's Arena

OVR: 2

User game using version 28 All-Madden Dolphins vs Jets Week 9 https://youtu.be/CVs8kokVBJc

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »