Home

Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-10-2020, 02:24 AM   #4857
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Matt10's Madden 20 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadagain65
My boy threw 6 picks in a game last night, 6! 2 were just really bad reads by me but the other 4 there was no 50/50 about it, the AI just dominated like ****. Had a better second game, still lost but it was close, had my chances to win, only 2 picks. Will see how I go today but suspect I'll be heading back to AP shortly...
I take it all back, last couple of games have been fantastic, one a shootout, the other a defensive grind for 3 1/2 quarters before the game opened up. They were hard work & I'm stuffed but that was fun.
Old 05-10-2020, 10:20 AM   #4858
MVP

mburke2's Arena

OVR: 8

I've been using these sliders for my franchise since I got the game about a week ago. First of all, I haven't owned a or played a Madden game since Madden 2012 on PS3, and the upgrades they've made since then are incredible. Still some things aren't perfect but it's a video game so I try to temper my expectations best I can.

Anyway the latest version of these sliders were working great for me up until the last update, when I started seeing some re-occurring issues mostly around CPU QB accuracy. The QBs are throwing insanely high completion percentages in the games I play (anywhere from 72% for Jacoby Brissett up to over 85% when I played against Rivers and Mahomes). I know it could for sure be either user error on my part with the playcalling, or my defense not being great (I play with the Broncos who have a strong secondary), but I'm not seeing enough errant throws and my DBs are not reacting as well to the routes and passes thrown as before.

Another thing that I did literally the same day the update came out was take someone's advice in this thread and import my sliders from MM into my franchise (before I had just manually entered the franchise sliders). I may just go back to V47 of these to try it out since I don't really want to play around with the sliders too much since they are all intertwined and small changes might negatively affect other aspects of the game that still play great for me. Any suggestions, or has anyone gone back to a previous version of these to see how they play with the new update?
Red Sox

Twitter: @mburke2_08
PSN: mburke2_08
Old 05-10-2020, 12:18 PM   #4859
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

Year 2 gets underway in the Ravens franchise as they travel to Cincinnati to face the Bengals! Who will start the season on a high note? Tune in to find out!

Game was played on Matt's All-Pro version 48 sliders, this was before the latest patch as well.

As a final note me and my editor realized there were some audio sync issues for some reason the gameplay audio is behind the on field action at times and I have no idea what causes the issues within the Elgato. I did some tinkering last night with it so hopefully next game will be better!

Enjoy everyone!

https://youtu.be/ig3fNIB8DUM

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 05-10-2020, 05:17 PM   #4860
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburke2
I've been using these sliders for my franchise since I got the game about a week ago. First of all, I haven't owned a or played a Madden game since Madden 2012 on PS3, and the upgrades they've made since then are incredible. Still some things aren't perfect but it's a video game so I try to temper my expectations best I can.

Anyway the latest version of these sliders were working great for me up until the last update, when I started seeing some re-occurring issues mostly around CPU QB accuracy. The QBs are throwing insanely high completion percentages in the games I play (anywhere from 72% for Jacoby Brissett up to over 85% when I played against Rivers and Mahomes). I know it could for sure be either user error on my part with the playcalling, or my defense not being great (I play with the Broncos who have a strong secondary), but I'm not seeing enough errant throws and my DBs are not reacting as well to the routes and passes thrown as before.

Another thing that I did literally the same day the update came out was take someone's advice in this thread and import my sliders from MM into my franchise (before I had just manually entered the franchise sliders). I may just go back to V47 of these to try it out since I don't really want to play around with the sliders too much since they are all intertwined and small changes might negatively affect other aspects of the game that still play great for me. Any suggestions, or has anyone gone back to a previous version of these to see how they play with the new update?
Try 2 refresh sliders perhaps. In your franchise go 2 settings then game sliders. Reset back to default then import again and remember injuries and kick catch interference. 45 and on....courious 2 c what happens.
Old 05-10-2020, 06:02 PM   #4861
Rookie

Decent at Best's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillz25
I just saw this video on youtube and am going to give this a shot. WHY??? Because I'm desperate to stop the CPU QB from averaging an extremely high completion rate against me, a.k.a Robo QB.
How to stop the CPU offense on All Madden
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPL-6VYotdQ

To summarize it, he is basically saying that on All Madden the CPU offense already knows what defensive play the USER is picking. Behind the scenes after the USER selects a defensive play, the CPU offense then picks a play to counter that defensive play. That is why the CPU QB has an extremely high completion rate a lot of the time.

To stop this, the USER should call an audible just before the snap and choose a different defensive play than what you just called. For example, if you chose a cover 3 blitz, call an audible and choose cover 2. In theory, the CPU has already selected a play to succeed against the cover 3 blitz. By calling an audible just before the snap, the cover 2 play will hopefully stop the play that the CPU called against the cover 3 blitz.

I don't plan to do this every play, but definitely on passing downs so I can get off the field. I know this will not work all the time. But hopefully it can drop the CPU completion rate from 90% to 60-70%. This would be a HUGE victory to me and those people that are having this same issue.
Have you tried this and have you had any success?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2020, 06:22 PM   #4862
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburke2

That seems to be the issue as of lately with a lot of us here. Seems the game tries to cater to having the cpu qb throw for high completions. Sometimes your defense plays dumb or hesitates to react and other times it’s just something else
Old 05-10-2020, 07:59 PM   #4863
Rookie

skillz25's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillz25
I just saw this video on youtube and am going to give this a shot. WHY??? Because I'm desperate to stop the CPU QB from averaging an extremely high completion rate against me, a.k.a Robo QB.
How to stop the CPU offense on All Madden
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPL-6VYotdQ

To summarize it, he is basically saying that on All Madden the CPU offense already knows what defensive play the USER is picking. Behind the scenes after the USER selects a defensive play, the CPU offense then picks a play to counter that defensive play. That is why the CPU QB has an extremely high completion rate a lot of the time.

To stop this, the USER should call an audible just before the snap and choose a different defensive play than what you just called. For example, if you chose a cover 3 blitz, call an audible and choose cover 2. In theory, the CPU has already selected a play to succeed against the cover 3 blitz. By calling an audible just before the snap, the cover 2 play will hopefully stop the play that the CPU called against the cover 3 blitz.

I don't plan to do this every play, but definitely on passing downs so I can get off the field. I know this will not work all the time. But hopefully it can drop the CPU completion rate from 90% to 60-70%. This would be a HUGE victory to me and those people that are having this same issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decent at Best
Have you tried this and have you had any success?
I've played two games so far while doing the "audibles". I'm not doing it every play; just on 2nd & long and 3rd & long. It did not work every time, but the majority of my sacks have come when I did an audible. They were coverage sacks because the CPU had no where to pass. I wasn't getting any coverage sacks when I did not do the audible.
I didn't get any INT's, but did get most of my pass deflections/incompletions while calling audibles. Also, there were quite a few dump off to the RB, but was able to limit the CPU to 3 yards or less.

In one game Dwayne Haskins was 30 for 34, but all 4 incompletions were when I called an audible. There were also 3 coverage sacks while calling an audible this game. So that was 7 successfully defensive plays against the pass while calling an audible, in comparison to 0 incompletions and 1 sack while not calling an audible. Altogether, I called about 20 audibles. The remaining plays were either running plays or completions by the CPU. Most of these completions were short completions such as dump offs to the RB.

In the other game, I did not track my stats as well, but I can say that I noticed a difference when I called an audible versus not calling an audible. The CPU definitely seemed more hesitant vs the audible and settled for dump offs instead of throwing downfield. ... Coincidentally, these two games were the least amount of points and the least amount of passing yards that I gave up all season!
Old 05-10-2020, 10:52 PM   #4864
Rookie

Giving these sliders a shot. How do they respond to the franchise guy rosters? I realize he uses different numbers for player attributes compared to the EA ratings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »