Home

Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders - Madden 20

This is a discussion on Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders - Madden 20 within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2019, 02:51 PM   #185
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders - Madden 20

I played two more games prior patch Flazko 100 percent best sliders I played with. I played a couple last night after installing the patch something seemed off. Felt like the coverage was super tight for the CPU and I felt like I didnt have a whole lot of time. I could just be in my own head. Was wondering if anyone else noticed anything with CPU coverage and rush post patch?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2019, 06:17 PM   #186
Rookie

Thumbs down Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders - Madden 20

So I have stayed away from Madden games for a good number of years, M20 has been my first step back in. I've had a lot of fun learning the base game and doing more franchises like I did when I was a kid. I just felt that there were a few minor problems in the game that were making stats come out super inaccurate, and I wanted to try doing sliders to get a more NFL-style match.

I don't know if this has to do with the last patch like the last comment said, but I can say after installing these sliders and playing a game today, it is the absolute worst football gaming experience I have ever had the displeasure in trying.

Basically, none of the problems were addressed, only made worse. One of my biggest problems with Madden has been how little time I have to throw the ball, for some reason we are making the CPU pass rush even better??? The DE is hitting me almost every single play, I have yet to watch a route develop. There is supposed to be at least a little bit of a POCKET. Even in max protect with my HB and FB I can't run a simple comebacks play because there is absolutely no way in hell my QB will survive long enough for that route to happen, even when they aren't blitzing. It doesn't necessarily matter if I had enough time because all my players now have frying pans for hands, and the CPU pass defense is all over every single route in a way that I've never seen before. Not only are the holes to throw through minuscule, you've taken away my ability to throw through minuscule holes because now the QB just wings the ball into random spots.

On the defensive side of the ball, my user-controlled players seem less able to break on the ball. CPU RBs have open field but instead runs in a strange S-shaped zigzag pattern? Then when my defenders get there, he breaks the tackle anyways? CPU RBs were already breaking tackles at too high of a rate, and now for some reason they became even better? It often takes three defenders to stop a CPU RB now. Crazy glitch animations I've never seen before. Probably due to the game trying to find ways for RB to break an unbreakable tackle so he flies up in the air. My perfectly-lurked MLB INT gets called back due to the pass interference slider, though I watch the replay time and time again, there was never any contact to even argue that there was PI...

Also blocking kicks is now insanely easy. I saw a couple blocks the whole few weeks I've been playing, that seemed realistic. Now there is 2 blocks by halftime guaranteed.

I'm sure part of the problem is that I just don't have enough skill, but there is just no world where a lot of this gameplay makes sense. The characters in this video game are supposed to represent professional football players, why are professional offensive lineman being paid to slingshot the defensive players towards the QB at the highest speed possible in this universe? It's not making sense for me.
Old 10-09-2019, 07:31 PM   #187
Rookie

BleachYourWork's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyPantsHess
Go routes were so broken the last 2 years it’s a nice change. I have noticed you can catch a safety or sometimes corners “flat footed” and they’ll let the ball sail a foot over their head. Also speed isn’t nearly as important as the Release rating and sometimes Deep Route Running.
Use 2 controllers in practice mode.

Sent from my SM-J337A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-14-2019, 12:51 PM   #188
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Ive really been enjoying myself. I'm getting some really good games. Hope everyone is seeing good results.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-14-2019, 03:08 PM   #189
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
Ive really been enjoying myself. I'm getting some really good games. Hope everyone is seeing good results.

Quick question for you... could you explain what impact you feel the penalty sliders have on the overall gameplay, or are these simply tendency sliders to get more penalties?
Old 10-14-2019, 07:09 PM   #190
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
Quick question for you... could you explain what impact you feel the penalty sliders have on the overall gameplay, or are these simply tendency sliders to get more penalties?
In my opinion, they seem to just be occurance sliders. It's a touchy subject because some people really believe it affects overall game play (AI tendency) . I've seen instances where it seems like that's true but I really believe penalties just affect the overall occurance of penalties called.

Old 10-15-2019, 07:06 PM   #191
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
Yes. Exactly what I do. Input in main menu first, then import into cfm.

What's the theory behind this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2019, 10:48 PM   #192
Pro

sportomatic75's Arena

Flazko, I've been using your set for years. This year I see way too many facemask penalties and the CPU defense is really strong, It's hard to connect on passes

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »