Home

Are there working penalties this year?

This is a discussion on Are there working penalties this year? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-02-2022, 11:14 PM   #1
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21
Are there working penalties this year?

Sorry if this is in a thread somewhere but I haven't seen it mentioned. Are there actually functioning penalties this year?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2022, 12:04 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Are there working penalties this year?

The beta was similar to last year. Pump the penalty sliders up enough and you'll see an accurate number of penalties per game, it just won't be the authentic distribution of penalties. Roughing the passer was still ridiculously sensitive.

― Plato
Old 08-03-2022, 11:03 AM   #3
MVP

Danimal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
The beta was similar to last year. Pump the penalty sliders up enough and you'll see an accurate number of penalties per game, it just won't be the authentic distribution of penalties. Roughing the passer was still ridiculously sensitive.
We will agree to disagree here, the sliders had minimal effect on penalties last year depending upon which ones you bumped up. So in essence they are still ignoring one of the largest parts of the sport for the crowd who gets them the most PR.
Old 08-03-2022, 03:22 PM   #4
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

Yeah I’ll disagree about sliders working here. I’ve played more games than I care to admit on Madden 22 and Madden 23 beta and penalties are just not there like they should be.

You can get artificial fluff by upping the clipping and face mask, but that’s not fun to me. Holding has been at 90,95,99 and literally see one or two per game. Sometimes never at all, one of my biggest complaints about the console version.

If penalties are make or break it for you, you will be disappointed no doubt. But with that said, game is freaking fun. (Atleast on beta)
Old 08-03-2022, 03:47 PM   #5
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Holding has been at 90,95,99 and literally see one or two per game. Sometimes never at all, one of my biggest complaints about the console version.
Separate from whether the penalty sliders are powerful enough or not - across all regular season and postseason games in 2021, NFL teams each committed 1.19 offensive holding penalties per game (accepted or declined).

Given your anecdotal reports compared to actual NFL data: 0, 1, or 2 offensive holding fouls per team per Madden game should be an acceptable number on default settings.

How many such fouls should occur with the offensive holding slider maxed out? Admittedly that is another story entirely. I would honestly expect to see a dozen or so total calls with the slider at 99. I recall in Madden 16 when the penalty sliders were all maxed out you couldn’t go more than three plays without a foul lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2022, 03:54 PM   #6
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Them deciding not to "trust" that the User who makes a conscious effort to turn up the penalties sliders actually wants a lot more penalties is such an mindboggling decision they made a few years ago.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-03-2022, 04:18 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Separate from whether the penalty sliders are powerful enough or not - across all regular season and postseason games in 2021, NFL teams each committed 1.19 offensive holding penalties per game (accepted or declined).

Given your anecdotal reports compared to actual NFL data: 0, 1, or 2 offensive holding fouls per team per Madden game should be an acceptable number on default settings.

How many such fouls should occur with the offensive holding slider maxed out? Admittedly that is another story entirely. I would honestly expect to see a dozen or so total calls with the slider at 99. I recall in Madden 16 when the penalty sliders were all maxed out you couldn’t go more than three plays without a foul lol.
That's some good Data

But the issues I had with the game at default is the cowboys have led the league in penalties back to back years.

In madden their suspect OL with guys like Connor Williams and Collins who were both penalty machines would go 3-4 games sometimes without a single holding call.

You basically got to change them to undicispline trait and then jack the slider up to 99 just to get holding calls on them.

Put your run blocking to aggressive and that will then open up the flood gates for PENALTIES after make those other two changes mentioned.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-03-2022, 04:21 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Yeah I’ll disagree about sliders working here. I’ve played more games than I care to admit on Madden 22 and Madden 23 beta and penalties are just not there like they should be.

You can get artificial fluff by upping the clipping and face mask, but that’s not fun to me. Holding has been at 90,95,99 and literally see one or two per game. Sometimes never at all, one of my biggest complaints about the console version.

If penalties are make or break it for you, you will be disappointed no doubt. But with that said, game is freaking fun. (Atleast on beta)
I didn't say they worked, I just said they're similar to last year and if you pump them up enough you can get a realistic number of penalties per game, but the distribution won't be authentic.

We're literally saying the same thing in part of our posts. I will agree it is not fun having 4 block in the backs and 2 BS roughing the passers per game just to get the overall number to be right.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »