Home

Anybody seeing in game injuries other than lineman?

This is a discussion on Anybody seeing in game injuries other than lineman? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-11-2022, 08:07 AM   #25
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Anybody seeing in game injuries other than lineman?

Injuries are calculated as a probability of injury (adjusted by injury rating) occurrence per snap between ball carrier, tackler and any engaged blockers (nicknamed impact injuries).

The probability/weighting isn't tuned between tackle injuries (1 ball carrier, 1-3 tacklers) vs impact injuries (OL, DL, Edge on pass play and all bar HB and QB on run play). Therefore it results in a much higher % of injuries occurring as impact injuries, and therefore overwhelmingly OL and DL. EA are aware of the injury weighting problem between tackles and impacts.

Also QB are more likely injured if registered in game as a ball carrier rather than scrambling QB (option runs etc) but tackle injury again is lower probability - it's also why fumble probability is so different between a designed QB run vs a QB scramble both resulting in a tackle. There is also a legacy bug in the code where QBs are immune to injury if only 2 on roster rather than 3 and that crops up now an again between Maddens.

At SMLE we play with 10min quarters with 13sec runoff and Inj slider at 50 and it still doesn't generate the same level of injuries as seen in the NFL but it's enough to make depth matter.

Sim injuries is a different system than in game injuries too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2022, 01:46 PM   #26
roe
Rookie

It's just another part of the game that is broken unfortunately.

More injuries should be cause by big hits and awkward falls. Instead we just see linemen walking around with a dodgy belly for no real reason
Old 10-16-2022, 05:49 PM   #27
Rookie

I played a season with injury sliders at 50 and still didn’t see a single injury to anyone except linemen, and even those were infrequent. It’s ridiculous and killing the realism I like in the game.
Old 10-16-2022, 05:57 PM   #28

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuc14
I played a season with injury sliders at 50 and still didn’t see a single injury to anyone except linemen, and even those were infrequent. It’s ridiculous and killing the realism I like in the game.
Not my experience. Played 3 games the other day, 12 minute with 20 sec runoff. Saw WR, OL, RB, DL, LB. I did not see any QB injuries. I did elevate my slider a tad so maybe try that.
Old 10-16-2022, 06:01 PM   #29
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

My Edge LBs get injured more than any of my other players, I seems like two of them are hurt every game.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 10-16-2022, 06:29 PM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuc14

Sorted my roster by injury-rating the other day and every last guy was 86 or higher. Might be more to it than just that (fatigue, stamina & toughness come to mind too) but it just jumps off the screen when your LOWEST rated guy at something is an 86.

In fairness to whoever makes these kinds of decisions, injuries are a little tricky because you don’t actually WANT them. While it might be realistic to get decimated by injury, most guys would just cry, whine and call BS if their season fell apart because of them.

Furthermore if a guy has a clean injury history, what rationale would there be to give him anything less than a 95? Is a guy who misses 3-4 games per year a 63 or an 83? You could make the case for both, so it’s not as easy to grade as it might seem at first.

Another problem here is that the way the game handles the IR & practice squad is inaccurate, no PUP, etc., so you can get into weird, untenable roster scenarios if you have too many injuries.

I did a quick adjustment to most of my roster, giving a lot of guys injury ratings in the 70s and low-80s. But it will be weeks before I know what kind of effect that will have, another issue here: 20+ hour minimum to truly test these things.

Edit: Oh and on-topic, I’m definitely seeing injuries at every position, the only exceptions have been RB & QB. Even lost my kicker for four weeks once.

Last edited by Detroit Tigers; 10-16-2022 at 06:38 PM.
Old 10-16-2022, 06:45 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers
Sorted my roster by injury-rating the other day and every last guy was 86 or higher. Might be more to it than just that (fatigue, stamina & toughness come to mind too) but it just jumps off the screen when your LOWEST rated guy at something is an 86.

In fairness to whoever makes these kinds of decisions, injuries are a little tricky because you don’t actually WANT them. While it might be realistic to get decimated by injury, most guys would just cry, whine and call BS if their season fell apart because of them.

Furthermore if a guy has a clean injury history, what rationale would there be to give him anything less than a 95? Is a guy who misses 3-4 games per year a 63 or an 83? You could make the case for both, so it’s not as easy to grade as it might seem at first.

Another problem here is that the way the game handles the IR & practice squad is inaccurate, no PUP, etc., so you can get into weird, untenable roster scenarios if you have too many injuries.

I did a quick adjustment to most of my roster, giving a lot of guys injury ratings in the 70s and low-80s. But it will be weeks before I know what kind of effect that will have, another issue here: 20+ hour minimum to truly test these things.

Edit: Oh and on-topic, I’m definitely seeing injuries at every position, the only exceptions have been RB & QB. Even lost my kicker for four weeks once.

Once I edited down QBs and RBs to more beliveable levels, the Sim and In-Game injuries went up quite a bit. Injury slider at 45.

Just lost my QB on a sack earlier today for 4 weeks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2022, 07:04 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon17000
Once I edited down QBs and RBs to more beliveable levels, the Sim and In-Game injuries went up quite a bit. Injury slider at 45.

Just lost my QB on a sack earlier today for 4 weeks.

Nice. Can you define “believable levels”? Like, rate deandre swift & Jared goff for me real quick. Thanks man.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »