Home

Franchise+ - Madden 23 Franchise Desktop App

This is a discussion on Franchise+ - Madden 23 Franchise Desktop App within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2022, 10:44 PM   #1
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Franchise+ - Madden 23 Franchise Desktop App

Additional Screenshots
Spoiler

For those that are familiar with the MyFranchise tool for Madden PC, this might look somewhat familiar. While we are limited to the data that the companion app provides, it does allow me to make a "lite" version for consoles. I have posted a preview of the franchise hub users can expect to see at release.

For now, it is called Franchise+ and is a desktop application that you can view your cloud franchises on using the Madden companion app. This is designed for singe player cloud franchises (though an online league player could use it as well). It is designed for single players not to just be "yet another" franchise viewer but a franchise storyline generator. Since CPU teams cannot get scenarios and 32 team franchise just is not something I really want to do just to use scenarios, this app will generate league wide storylines (or you can call them scenarios) for the USER and CPU.

The goal of storylines is to provide random events that are instant resolved and some that are multi-game resolved. A possible event could be during pre-season week 1 called "Rookie breakout" and the app would determine a rookie player to get a "boost" in ratings (the user will have to input them of course). I have a plan to create a significant number of storylines to keep it fresh and exciting from season to season. The advantage of having it as a desktop app vs web app is I can better utilize the file system to allow users to have on going storylines instead of just one offs.

You are probably wondering why I would post this if it is not ready to download. Well, I would love to get feedback on things you guys would like to see (the companion app is rather limited though), storylines you think would be cool to do (Keep in mind, the user has to be able to input the edits/changes in the cloud franchise either through commissioner tools or as a 2nd profile). I also would like to see how many franchise players are interested in something like this. The more interest, the more I plan to add. Even if little interest, I will be using this for my personal franchise so I will of course finish it and release. Stay tuned!

Edit: 08/26/2022 - Download Beta Now

Here is a beta version (v0.0.1) of the tool, it does not include any storylines. Only a franchise viewer. It includes my week 4 franchise files so you can quickly view the app and what it offers without having to load your own right away. There are bugs, it probably will give you a blank screen at some point, who knows what else, it is a beta and I need help testing it! So feedback is welcomed, if something is not working, please do not bash me, just post the issue and we can resolve it

*Note: Your PC and phone MUST be on the same network! Cellular data will not work.

Instructions:
  • Step 1: Click LISTEN FOR COMPANION APP
  • Step 2: Follow the built in instructions, IF this is your first time exporting your franchise, always export ALL WEEKS.
  • Step 3: Enjoy!

As noted, you will always want to export ALL WEEKS the very first time you are exporting your desired franchise.

An example would be like this:

Start franchise in game and get to preseason week 1. (For existing franchises, same step just start by exporting all weeks with all 3 checked)
Open Franchise+ and Madden Companion App on phone.
Export from companion app ALL WEEKS and select ALL 3 boxes (League Info, Rosters, Weekly Stats).
Advance past current week, export from companion app PREVIOUS WEEK (League Info and Weekly Stats) THEN current week (All 3)

If you do not export weekly, just make sure you go back and export each week's stats and league info so everything is properly updated. I will have an example video up sometime if you get confused.

I will have a better README later to explain how to access stuff but for now, just mess around in it and you will figure out everything

DOWNLOAD LINK
https://bit.ly/franchiseplus_beta

Last edited by TheBleedingRed21; 08-26-2022 at 10:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2022, 10:48 PM   #2
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Franchise+ - Madden 23 Franchise Desktop App

Brilliant as usual.
Old 08-11-2022, 10:52 PM   #3
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

My foremost question: any possibility of a Mac OS build?
Old 08-11-2022, 11:15 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 2

Very interesting
Old 08-11-2022, 11:29 PM   #5
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
My foremost question: any possibility of a Mac OS build?
Will be Windows only, unfortunately. I have to use a virtual Mac to build them and the newest macOS release has been a nightmare for my apps.

Edit::

Do want to note: while not ideal for macOS users, if you have parallels or bootcamp, you can obviously use it. I know that is how NCAA 14 users use my dynasty tools for CFBR. It is probably not worth setting that up JUST for this app, but if you already have it, its an option! haha.

Last edited by TheBleedingRed21; 08-11-2022 at 11:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2022, 11:52 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have no edits or suggestions... just applause. I'd leverage it with our franchise league.
Old 08-11-2022, 11:55 PM   #7
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Man this would be absolutely fantastic addition. I love the idea of storylines. One that would be fun would be suspensions another would be disgruntled players wanting to be traded. Things like that could really add something to a mode that generally feels uneventful throughout the season.
Old 08-11-2022, 11:56 PM   #8
Rookie

ynkeecwby's Arena

Sounds interesting. I will be checking it out. Appreciate you posting about it. Hold-ins are a big thing these days. Unfortunately they don’t typically go into the season so not sure incorporating them is worth it for just preseason and how we can’t negotiate contracts whenever we want. Might be able to use holdins to force a trade?

Last edited by ynkeecwby; 08-12-2022 at 12:21 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »