Home

In Defense of EA......

This is a discussion on In Defense of EA...... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-23-2023, 11:54 AM   #81
Rookie

Limasbravo's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: In Defense of EA......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I upload videos all the time with copyrighted music, all it does is mute it.

So that's very odd why his is blocked completely.
Good to know. I'll have to check out your videos.

I have an XBOX S and a capture card but haven't done anything because I work during the day and my daughter tends to monopolize our laptop at night. My work laptop, they disabled any USB slots, so I can't use that.

Also, really no clue about video making.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2023, 12:07 PM   #82
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Yea, it's the music. Gotta watch it on YouTube itself. The embedded video won't play due to the copyright strike.
Yeah, blocked on Youtube itself too.

Quote:
HFA is in need of a fix, but not much of a one. Right now I believe it's about right, just needs slightly adjusted.

And a patch to add an option to turn it completely off in ALL modes is also needed for those who hate it.
HFA needs a fix in that you can't turn it off. Even if you turn the setting to "off" HFA is still on. The setting is there, it just doesn't work. I hate the feature up and down and I hated dealing with it.
Old 08-23-2023, 01:33 PM   #83
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limasbravo
Good to know. I'll have to check out your videos.

I have an XBOX S and a capture card but haven't done anything because I work during the day and my daughter tends to monopolize our laptop at night. My work laptop, they disabled any USB slots, so I can't use that.

Also, really no clue about video making.
On PS5 and Xbox there's a videomaker for each and both are not too bad to learn. I mostly game on PC anymore and ClipChamp, well it's the easiest thing ever to learn and use and you can also edit your PS5/Xbox videos there if you have a decent computer!

If you have any questions or issues you can feel free to PM me and I'll try to help. I'm rather new to it myself, most of my videos are just videos I clip and then edit down, just now learning to add in effects, transitions, etc!

I don't have a ton of views of my videos and I'd like more, and comments, but the reality is I have just figured out that I enjoy creating them even if no one really watches, LOL

I posted a ton of Madden videos here in the Madden videos thread if you want to check them out there, they're formatted to just click and watch.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-23-2023, 01:42 PM   #84
Rookie

Limasbravo's Arena

Quote:
On PS5 and Xbox there's a videomaker for each and both are not too bad to learn. I mostly game on PC anymore and ClipChamp, well it's the easiest thing ever to learn and use and you can also edit your PS5/Xbox videos there if you have a decent computer!

If you have any questions or issues you can feel free to PM me and I'll try to help. I'm rather new to it myself, most of my videos are just videos I clip and then edit down, just now learning to add in effects, transitions, etc!

I don't have a ton of views of my videos and I'd like more, and comments, but the reality is I have just figured out that I enjoy creating them even if no one really watches, LOL

I posted a ton of Madden videos here in the Madden videos thread if you want to check them out there, they're formatted to just click and watch.
Nice! Thanks!
Old 08-23-2023, 02:24 PM   #85
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Yeah, blocked on Youtube itself too.

HFA needs a fix in that you can't turn it off. Even if you turn the setting to "off" HFA is still on. The setting is there, it just doesn't work. I hate the feature up and down and I hated dealing with it.
This is part of why people get so frustrated with EA. They add something like that but then it doesn't work and often times they just move on.

Let's hope this time they fix it so it works, and add an option for all modes to turn it off.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2023, 09:25 PM   #86
Pro

parent22's Arena

Man oh man...

I really wanted to buy this game on PC. But it's really frustrating to see that yet again, it's another unstable game out of the box. I hate this patching system that EA seems to deploy year after year because the base game issues seem to cause other issues if fixed. This game is not worth $70. All of the crashes/menu lag/other game breaking issues make this another disgraceful year for EA. I was super excited for all of the changes in gameplay and franchise, but stuff like this just kills it for me.

I just can't see how people defend EA after this. This should be embarrassing and inexcusable. But no one seems to care. EA has all of the resources in the world — they should be able to put out a stable release. I don't want to be "that guy", but they probably lost a lot of customers, including me.

In retrospect, I never should have gotten my hopes up for an EA game. And I guess I saved myself $70. It just sucks that this damn company has the exclusive license for NFL simulation games. And they can't even put out a stable game. In theory, there are alternatives but most of the older sports games don't hold up as well as people say they do. I guess it's just back to waiting for Maximum Football to come out and maybe getting another indie football game (like Legend Bowl). But still, it's incredibly disappointing that I can't get a solid, modern NFL experience.

In conclusion, screw EA and everyone that *that sees the same issues that I do and still* buys their games. Thanks for nothing.

Last edited by parent22; 08-23-2023 at 09:50 PM.
Old 08-23-2023, 09:31 PM   #87
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by parent22
Man oh man...

I really wanted to buy this game on PC. But it's really frustrating to see that yet again, it's another unstable game out of the box. I hate this patching system that EA seems to deploy year after year because the base game issues seem to cause other issues if fixed. This game is not worth $70. All of the crashes/menu lag/other game breaking issues make this another disgraceful year for EA. I was super excited for all of the changes in gameplay and franchise, but stuff like this just kills it for me.

I just can't see how people defend EA after this. This should be embarrassing and inexcusable. But no one seems to care. EA has all of the resources in the world — they should be able to put out a stable release. I don't want to be "that guy", but they probably lost a lot of customers, including me.

In retrospect, I never should have gotten my hopes up for an EA game. And I guess I saved myself $70. It just sucks that this damn company has the exclusive license for NFL simulation games. And they can't even put out a stable game. In theory, there are alternatives but most of the older sports games don't hold up as well as people say they do. I guess it's just back to waiting for Maximum Football to come out and maybe getting another indie football game (like Legend Bowl). But still, it's incredibly disappointing that I can't get a solid, modern NFL experience.

In conclusion, screw EA and everyone that buys their games. Thanks for nothing.
That seems a bit excessive, no? If you've not enjoyed the game or had issues, that's one thing and you have the right to be upset. However, the game has played well for many of us and we've been able to find enjoyment in it. Why screw us?

― Plato
Old 08-23-2023, 09:49 PM   #88
Pro

parent22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
That seems a bit excessive, no? If you've not enjoyed the game or had issues, that's one thing and you have the right to be upset. However, the game has played well for many of us and we've been able to find enjoyment in it. Why screw us?
You're right. I was pretty heated — which is silly on an online forum, but the truth. My gripe was more towards the company and the people who enable them. The punishment should not fall on the customer — especially those that actually enjoy the game.

The game itself does not look half bad, but the price point does not at all justify how broken it is. You're like, the only one that I've heard that hasn't had issues. Granted, small sample size and all, but I thought that these issues were shared among all players.

My major gripe is with people who complain about the game and buy it year after the year, not the players who have no gripes with the game. Play on, my friend.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »