Home

GRAPHICS ? OR GAMEPLAY.? Whats really more important.?

This is a discussion on GRAPHICS ? OR GAMEPLAY.? Whats really more important.? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2013, 09:06 PM   #17
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: GRAPHICS ? OR GAMEPLAY.? Whats really more important.?

We want it ALL /thread

Gameplay AND visuals

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 11-14-2013, 12:11 AM   #18
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby
To each his or her own, But I am completely surprised that so many people are more concerned about the eye candy. I just don't understand it. It's like buying a custom painted car but the engine is blown or only running on a few cylinders. It just don't make sense to me. To me it is a no doubter, Give me a rust bucket that looks like crap but with an engine that runs smooth and strong. That will be dependable and take me where I need to go.. I can paint it up pretty later. I have read so many post about the GRASS looks great.. Who cares. ?? For myself, Leave the graphics alone. It does not effect the game play. But fix the sliders, penalty sliders, Sim stats. Punt and kick returns, CPU vs CPU. Coaches mode, the draft, and so many other issues that has been on going problems with Madden for years. Eye candy is pretty but fundamental game play is essential. If Madden the New gen for the Ps4 is more about eye candy and not game play issues. They can keep it along with 13 and 25. If it is all about fixing the issues, returning the features that were in 12. I will buy it in a heart beat. But my question is, Why is Eye candy more important than GP to many of you. It blows my mind why anyone would buy the game just because of graphics only or because the grass looks pretty. Amazing..
Considering that DIFFERENT GROUPS WORK ON EACH, the entire point is moot.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:07 AM   #19
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

Know what two games knocked this out of the park? NFL 2K on Dreamcast and Madden 2001 on PS2.

Both were huge leaps over the 32 and 64-bit games that preceded them (and were launch titles to boot). My, how times have changed.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:00 AM   #20
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I want realism, but to a point...I want proper stats for the time played, but then at the same time, we are generally shrinking 15 minute quarters to 5 minutes because who has the consistent time to play 15 minute quarters?
i play 15 minute quarters. takes maybe 30-40 minutes or so per game. the accelerated play clock helps a lot with that since most users can pick their plays and get set up much fast than in an actual nfl game. but they need to fix it so it exists under 2 minutes and even when the clock is stopped. it sucks waiting an extra 20 seconds for the cpu to snap the ball after a timeout/injury because the play clock is still at 40 seconds.

regarding the original post

gameplay is definitely more important, to an extent. obviously no one would want to buy a brand new game for ps4 that looks like a ps1 game but for the most part graphics are decent. regarding the gameplay though sliders really make a world of difference. i have been playing around with sliders for a while in m25 and still havent found a perfect balance but im getting much more realistic results every game with a few tweaks here and there. i finally found a good balance for the passing game where the dbs react to my receivers rather than knowing their route and shading them perfectly.

unfortunately i think they only way i will be completely happy is if i go in and edit every single players rating to make them more spread out especially with overall speed and acceleration.

Last edited by El_Poopador; 11-14-2013 at 08:04 AM.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #21
Rookie

I would prefer game play over graphics. i could less how grass look. madden is not that realistic gameplay wise or graphically. I honestly don't see no excuse for it. they give and take features only to bring them back as new and and half working. I know people are tired of hearing the comparisons to NFl2k5 and NBA2k, but when a game almost 10 years old can put out nice gamplay and presentation on the original xbox and ten continue to do great things with NBA2k with gameplay and presentation. Then its no excuse why madden cant. Look at what 2k did with NG NBA2k14 and its only the first installment on NG so imagine what we could 3 or more years from now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2013, 09:32 PM   #22
MVP

Brian_OS's Arena

OVR: 14

This question is no longer relevant in 2013. Technology constraints are no longer an excuse to water down either... Next question....
Old 11-14-2013, 09:39 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_OS
This question is no longer relevant in 2013. Technology constraints are no longer an excuse to water down either... Next question....
I agree gone are the days where the trade off was drastic, theres no reason you cant have both with todays technology. there's still some trade off but its minimal.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:39 PM   #24
Banned

billsmafia13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_OS
Agreed, and now graphics have improved to the point that they are inseparable from gameplay. Just like when player models improved enough that madden had to add wrap tackles or the game would look ridiculous.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »