Home

To anyone who is even THINKING about buying Madden NG

This is a discussion on To anyone who is even THINKING about buying Madden NG within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 05:25 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
To anyone who is even THINKING about buying Madden NG

I have a question that I think needs to be answered before we purchase this game.

I work at a retailer and I'm working the midnight release and we have the PS4 and Madden set up. This game looks EXACTLY like Current gen. My question is Where on earth did that E3 "gameplay" trailer come from???? The game looks nothing like this and I think EA owes us an explanation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2013, 05:32 PM   #2
Pro

solofx7's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: To anyone who is even THINKING about buying Madden NG

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrueToTheGame
I have a question that I think needs to be answered before we purchase this game.

I work at a retailer and I'm working the midnight release and we have the PS4 and Madden set up. This game looks EXACTLY like Current gen. My question is Where on earth did that E3 "gameplay" trailer come from???? The game looks nothing like this and I think EA owes us an explanation.
I have asked that question also. The previously shown gameplay looks like a totally different game. I wish EA would make some comment about this...
Old 11-14-2013, 05:33 PM   #3
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I've been thinking about this for the last 24 hours.

My first theory is that they tried to make the game look as good as they showed but when actually playing it in real time they couldn't stabilize the frame rate so they decided to scale it back for this year.

Other than that, only thing I can think of is they lied to us.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:43 PM   #4
Pro

solofx7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I've been thinking about this for the last 24 hours.

My first theory is that they tried to make the game look as good as they showed but when actually playing it in real time they couldn't stabilize the frame rate so they decided to scale it back for this year.

Other than that, only thing I can think of is they lied to us.
I thought this also, but that game looks totally different than what I have seen of the retail version. It looks like a very very slightly better looking version of the current gen. It is nowhere near the stuff they have show previously. It truly seems like bait and switch. The NDA's and silence from them makes this so much worse. Once people open it I don't think that they can return it.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:45 PM   #5
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah, the aggressive embargo (only two games not reviewed yet are Live and Madden) are insanely suspicious and hard for anyone to defend.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2013, 05:51 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

All good points. I just don't get it. Smh
Old 11-14-2013, 05:54 PM   #7
Pro

solofx7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Yeah, the aggressive embargo (only two games not reviewed yet are Live and Madden) are insanely suspicious and hard for anyone to defend.
Something truly fishy is going on. I am not sure at all what to say, but I know what I think. I can't wait to hear what they officially have to say. I mean at its best, the game looks nothing like what they showed. That is a totally different game. I assume the embargo is over tomm, which basically means that they want the sales of people buying the game based on what they have shown and the consumer is left holding the bag and not able to return it. Very very very shady... I bought BF4, but stuff like this makes it very tough to support EA. I know that a different studio, but as a company they are just shady. I have a copy of the game, but have not opened it so that I have the option of returning once the reviews roll in.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:57 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 10

It seems we get punked each next-gen. We all know of that one trailer featuring McNabb and the Eagles back in 06, now we get punked with this latest one. They need to be held accountable.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »