Home

To anyone who is even THINKING about buying Madden NG

This is a discussion on To anyone who is even THINKING about buying Madden NG within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 07:55 PM   #25
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: To anyone who is even THINKING about buying Madden NG

Here is my theory:

What we were seeing in the videos is what EA would have liked for us to play, but with the limitations of the PS4 and Xbox One plus the limited development time of only two years, they could not get it in this year. However, I am sure it is high on their list for Madden 15 along with something I am sure we all will be excited about.............and that is........."HypeOmotion Engine" which is their new addition that will revolutionize how you will believe change is coming only to find out it is the same game for the past 26 years.

Or and I mean a BIG OR:

Someone broke into EA's facility and stole their only copy that was used to make millions of copies from.

Last edited by Rules; 11-14-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2013, 07:57 PM   #26
Rookie

Frost33's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
Why would anyone still rely on reviews when you can watch an unedited, unbiased, full live stream and make your own decision? You don't need a reviewer to tell you what you are seeing if you can see it for yourself. If you like what you see, then get it. If you don't like what you see, don't get it. You don't need someone to tell you what to see when you are looking dead at it and can make your own decision.
I'm waiting for the reviews to talk about the features and gameplay of the game, not the score. I could care less what the reviewer puts on a game for a score. I've watched some videos, but I haven't seen any streams. Even then, they don't always show me what I'm looking for.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:07 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
Why would anyone still rely on reviews when you can watch an unedited, unbiased, full live stream and make your own decision? You don't need a reviewer to tell you what you are seeing if you can see it for yourself. If you like what you see, then get it. If you don't like what you see, don't get it. You don't need someone to tell you what to see when you are looking dead at it and can make your own decision.
This reminds me of when people are determining which politician to support. After hearing their speeches, instead of turning off the tv, thinking about it and deciding for themselves, they would rather listen to analysts break it down for them.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:12 PM   #28
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost33
I'm waiting for the reviews to talk about the features and gameplay of the game, not the score. I could care less what the reviewer puts on a game for a score. I've watched some videos, but I haven't seen any streams. Even then, they don't always show me what I'm looking for.
It's the same game as M25 current gen feature wise. The game play is the main thing that was touted as being improved.

I don't know what to tell you if you'd rather read a gameplay review than actually watch a live stream and make your own assessment.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 11-14-2013, 08:15 PM   #29
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Yeah, the aggressive embargo (only two games not reviewed yet are Live and Madden) are insanely suspicious and hard for anyone to defend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daenius
I just watched that AP E3 footage again.

It looks "maxed-out" in comparison to what I've seen from the dreadful ESPN prediction-video-fiasco and gameplay.

I think the system simply couldn't handle what they showed at E3 in addition to a full stadium/sidelines/the full package. I don't even think they didn't know this until after E3, I am 100% certain they deliberately took out all the things that would make it look CG and just plain and simple fooled us with a build that's a year, maybe even two years away.

An embargo for 9am while the PS4 is released at midnight? Another one of EA's money-grabbing schemes for sure - make as much profit as possible on pre-orders and midnight launches before the public actually realizes that the NG version is just a piece of s*** port of CG.

I am thankful though, I decided to wait for reviews before I trade in my used PS3/X360 games for next-gen games and after seeing all of this I definitely won't be putting Madden on the list.
Definitely shady tactics and a very telling strategy of what is obviously not what was advertised at E3.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:15 PM   #30
Banned

billsmafia13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RateSports
This reminds me of when people are determining which politician to support. After hearing their speeches, instead of turning off the tv, thinking about it and deciding for themselves, they would rather listen to analysts break it down for them.
Right. Or listening to speeches but not looking at their voting record or stance on different policies.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:18 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 28

I saw all I needed to see. I had the game preordered and was basically getting it for free. I will no longer be getting it. I already have it on the 360. That was extremely disappointing to see what they "delivered". I still saw nothing resembling what was touted, and I will honestly say I was really hyped up for it.

I honestly felt embarrassed for them, especially after seeing what the other launch titles are doing. This was just incredible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2013, 08:19 PM   #32
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

I Don't see how most people haven't figured out the way the business world works. EA is no different than Apple, Samsung, Nike, or any other billion dollar company.

Create a product that everyone wants (or forced to by) and make minimum improvement year after year while raking in the cash. Ask yourself, if you bought a new iPhone, Plasma, or Madden every year....how much improvement are you actually getting? It would take probably 3 to 4 years before you would have a noticeably new feature (gimmick).

After the success of the iPad retina display, why not just make the iPad mini with a retina display from the start? Apple probably sold millions of the standard one. I've been chasing Madden's next great game for years until I just decided to lower my expectations.

So many people would think these devs just started working on these next gen games last fall or something. They probably know just how good the games could be, but for a money stand point...will continue to hold back and give people the next year crap. Then the chasing process begins....again.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »