Home

To anyone who is even THINKING about buying Madden NG

This is a discussion on To anyone who is even THINKING about buying Madden NG within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 08:58 PM   #41
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: To anyone who is even THINKING about buying Madden NG

Quote:
Originally Posted by daenius
I just watched that AP E3 footage again.

It looks "maxed-out" in comparison to what I've seen from the dreadful ESPN prediction-video-fiasco and gameplay.

I think the system simply couldn't handle what they showed at E3 in addition to a full stadium/sidelines/the full package. I don't even think they didn't know this until after E3, I am 100% certain they deliberately took out all the things that would make it look CG and just plain and simple fooled us with a build that's a year, maybe even two years away.

An embargo for 9am while the PS4 is released at midnight? Another one of EA's money-grabbing schemes for sure - make as much profit as possible on pre-orders and midnight launches before the public actually realizes that the NG version is just a piece of s*** port of CG.

I am thankful though, I decided to wait for reviews before I trade in my used PS3/X360 games for next-gen games and after seeing all of this I definitely won't be putting Madden on the list.
Don't wait and make your decision based on reviews man, most video game critics don't know much about sports games and I wouldn't be surprised it EA has some kind of private agreement with the big popular sites to boost of their reviews. I bet money this game gets between a 8.5-9.1 from IGN.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2013, 09:01 PM   #42
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm glad I can restrain from buying this game. My favorite sport there is. I fight the urge every year. Guess I expect more from this company. Its tempting but I have high enough standards. Either way I'm satisfied with other sports games, I just wonder if the developers of Madden are satisfied with their product. Are the glass half empty fellows?
Old 11-14-2013, 09:07 PM   #43
MVP

Brian_OS's Arena

OVR: 14

From an IGN interview earlier this year....

"Weber said that Player Sense makes 50x more calculations a second than Madden on current gen. "

Anyone see evidence of this in the streams because I haven't!

I am having 06 flashbacks... I have been tracking this version closely and they have stated repeatedly in interviews that they learned a lot from 06 and are determined not to repeat the same mistakes again!

This is shocking that it appears this is happening yet again to the most hardcore gamers and no way to launch a system.... Amazing......
Old 11-14-2013, 09:10 PM   #44
Rookie

mk20051's Arena

OVR: 1

The NFL needs to let the crew at 2K take a crack at the game. If there was an NFL 2K14 coming out for next gen, it might have been the start of the deathblow to Madden. NBA 2K14 is about to send NBA Live back to the grave where it belongs.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
Old 11-14-2013, 09:13 PM   #45
Rookie

capn_razzamataz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericasTeam
You know what guys, it is what it is. Either buy it and enjoy or don't buy it. You know what your getting. It's time to quit beating the dead horse. I've got it and I'm going to do my best to enjoy it for what it is.
That's good. I really do hope you enjoy it. Regardless, I (and many others) will continue to criticize Madden until either A) it changes to the point where I find it enjoyable or B) some other football game hits the market and draws my attention away from it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2013, 09:27 PM   #46
Rookie

TennesseeVols16's Arena

I am going ahead and getting Madden for the PS4 for a couple of reasons. I haven't gotten Madden since Madden 12, for different reasons(other games, lack of money). I want it for the PS4 so I'll have a football game to play. Seeing as I didn't get Madden 25 for the PS3, am I going to be disappointed with what I'll be playing on the PS4?

I do realize we aren't getting what we thought after E3, and that does disappoint me, but will the game still provide a good time for a hardcore sim player?
NBA: THUNDER
Old 11-14-2013, 09:53 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeVols16
I am going ahead and getting Madden for the PS4 for a couple of reasons. I haven't gotten Madden since Madden 12, for different reasons(other games, lack of money). I want it for the PS4 so I'll have a football game to play. Seeing as I didn't get Madden 25 for the PS3, am I going to be disappointed with what I'll be playing on the PS4?

I do realize we aren't getting what we thought after E3, and that does disappoint me, but will the game still provide a good time for a hardcore sim player?
No, you won't be disappointed.

HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION: If EA renews their contract for say 5+ years, will you guys be buying then?
Old 11-14-2013, 10:01 PM   #48
Rookie

TennesseeVols16's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopvillian
No, you won't be disappointed.

HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION: If EA renews their contract for say 5+ years, will you guys be buying then?
Seeing how the state of NCAA is still up in the air, and isn't looking promising, I will personally find it hard to stay away from Madden every year. I can see myself skipping a year or two, but eventually I'd cave.
NBA: THUNDER
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »