Home

CPU dropping 80% of passes

This is a discussion on CPU dropping 80% of passes within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2014, 11:57 AM   #17
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: CPU dropping 80% of passes

Hope this isn't too late, but I've been playing around ALOT (I had to quit madden for about a month I got so frustrated with it) with the sliders trying to get a challenging, but fair, game and here's what I've found.

Set it to All-Pro & revert the sliders to default. Now don't touch a single slider that effects their offense. Changing even just run blocking is enough to get the CPU to start dropping the ball, why EA can't code the game without such incoherent dependencies I don't know but that's Madden 25 for you.

I also put both teams pass coverages and pass defense reaction time to zero. I think that both maintains challenge in the passing game, but makes playcall important and lets you exploit weak defenders & mismatches. (the CPU seems to know this as well...) I can tell when I'm playing a good defense or a bad defense, but that's your preference.

I've had both teams tackling at zero, Kam Chancellor is still a beast, caused Jamaal Charles to fumble last game (CPU fumble slider stayed a 50 of course) but that being said it's noticeable when a guy is a bad tackler, if he even makes it, & I like that. Your preference.

I had both INTs at 50 because the rare time their is an opportunity, just catch the thing. They simply don't at zero, unless their catch is like 80 the chances are nil to slim. Your preference.

My WR catching is zero, they play strictly to their ratings from what I can tell. I can throw fades to Demaryius Thomas and he'll snatch the thing and bring it down on the smaller defenders, however if I try to hit CJ Spiller in traffic he's dropping it 9/10. Your preference, I like that. Makes a guy like Richard Sherman actually change the way I'm gonna play.

My only wish now is I could change their blocking to zero & have that play based off ratings (which often times is better for the CPU), it's hard to get a pass rush & penetration on the runs when all their lines play the same, based on the sliders. Meaning a weak line is just as effective as a good line, and a good line is just as ineffective as a weak line. Maybe subtle differences, I haven't noticed beyond the fact my guys don't get through unless I just blitz more people lol. Could have something to do with my tacking slider, since the late block shedding slider must be incorporated somewhere, idk I'm still playing.

I haven't done alot of playing with the CPU offense settings since I've gotten good games now however. Some Ws, some Ls, I'm satisfied. If anybody finds out some stupid (and it will be stupid) combination of those 5 sliders that doesn't drop wide open passes, I'm all ears.

Hope that helps somebody!
Old 02-11-2014, 04:30 PM   #18
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: CPU dropping 80% of passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMan
Gut feeling that doesn't fix the problem lol. Originally WR catching was at 60, shot that to 90 and no help.
Leave WR catching at 50. When I raised it the CPU started dropping a ton of passes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »