Home

Where did the pass trajectories go?

This is a discussion on Where did the pass trajectories go? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2013, 11:20 AM   #1
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8
Where did the pass trajectories go?

I've only seen two, lob, otherwise, why in the hell would I eve use this other than a streak route, and the bullet, or, you better hope your guy has nobody underneath him.

I'd like to actually throw 20 yards downfield without either getting picked off at the first down marker, or, getting picked off because the safety 15 yards away had time to stop, turn around, make it to midfield, have a coffee, and then intercept the ball, all while my guy runs off aimlessly.

On top of this, how do you stop the outside run. The only way I seem to have been able to do so is by manually overloading the playside because my defenders NEVER set the edge.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2013, 11:26 AM   #2
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Where did the pass trajectories go?

Outside runs and HB screen are way overpowered on default sliders. Unless you do what you said (manually overcommit to it, which leaves you wide open for other things) the blockers will seal the edge perfectly every time.

Similar thing with screen passes, perfect blocks every time. Stupid.

If I'm playing a user I just scream to the play side with my LB as soon as I see it going outside and force him to cut inside and just hope my CPU players make a play.

It is kinda sad thts a lot of madden players almost exclusively run outside the tackles. I'm just looking for a game that looks like what I see on Sunday.

If you are playing a user you have to manually commit yourself every play to reading outside run or screen first because if you don't manually impact those two plays your CPU teammates rarely will. Pretty sad

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

Last edited by The JareBear; 12-08-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:30 AM   #3
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Seems tapping for the lob only works on streak and fade routes; any other route you can tap for a lob and get something between a bullet and a lob that is easily intercepted by an underneath defender.

As for stopping the outside run I call a cover 2 or cover 3 and manually move my LB's so that my outside LB's are between the hash and sideline on either side and my MLB is between the hash marks; i'll also rezone the MLB to a yellow zone so that he doesn't drop back as deep on run plays.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:31 AM   #4
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Outside runs and HB screen are way overpowered on default sliders. Unless you do what you said (manually overcommit to it, which leaves you wide open for other things) the blockers will seal the edge perfectly every time.

Similar thing with screen passes, perfect blocks every time. Stupid.

If I'm playing a user I just scream to the play side with my LB as soon as I see it going outside and force him to cut inside and just hope my CPU players make a play.

It is kinda sad thts a lot of madden players almost exclusively run outside the tackles. I'm just looking for a game that looks like what I see on Sunday.
I've had the AI beat me to the outside on All-Madden when I try to run outside, but I guess that is just an AI cheat and not something replicable?
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:58 PM   #5
Rookie

thisisasticup's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
I've had the AI beat me to the outside on All-Madden when I try to run outside, but I guess that is just an AI cheat and not something replicable?

On All Madden it is a lot harder to run outside vs a user because your other players actually react as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2013, 09:14 PM   #6
Rookie

spacedog's Arena

If you have a PS4, I'm not sure if this is what the cause is but the PS4 controller doesn't have analog buttons, so apparently that means they're not pressure sensitive anymore and I think pressure sensitivity determined pass trajectories. I don't know if that's the reason or not. On X1 I think the trajectories are still there, even though DBs still tend to get their hands on a few too many picks by undercutting a pass that they wouldn't be reaching in real life. (It's one thing to get picked off for bad throws but oftentimes picks happen when the defender is playing poor defense and gets a pick still because it can undercut the routes even when they're beat by the WR)
Old 12-18-2013, 05:05 AM   #7
Banned

alichu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
I've only seen two, lob, otherwise, why in the hell would I eve use this other than a streak route, and the bullet, or, you better hope your guy has nobody underneath him.

I'd like to actually throw 20 yards downfield without either getting picked off at the first down marker, or, getting picked off because the safety 15 yards away had time to stop, turn around, make it to midfield, have a coffee, and then intercept the ball, all while my guy runs off aimlessly.

On top of this, how do you stop the outside run. The only way I seem to have been able to do so is by manually overloading the playside because my defenders NEVER set the edge.

stop the outside use the 3-4 defense tighten the line and spread the linebackers to protect the edges and stuff the middle.. you also have to have good personel....

A good play to stop the screen is.. 3 3 5 defense formation
Cat blitz 2 roll the tricky thing is it blitzes the cb you have to guess which side the screen is running to.

practice on the lob pass and guide your passes after its released..

practice practice practice!!!
Old 12-18-2013, 05:26 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 28

The player movement is still broken in this game where they still have yet to figure out the proper balance between player reactions and ball trajectory. They need to give the ball it's own physics engine so that is not so tied to the palyers on the field. There is nothing more frustrating in this game when you cannot throw the football underneath the safety and over a linebacker. The players move too fast still. If you lob it, the entire back 7 has enough time to run under the ball and it looks ridiculous. If you throw it hard, the linebacker picks it off about 15 yards in front of the receiver. It's improved slightly, but it is still an issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »