Home

Your Opinion of Man and Zone Coverage in Madden Next-Gen

This is a discussion on Your Opinion of Man and Zone Coverage in Madden Next-Gen within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2013, 08:21 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Your Opinion of Man and Zone Coverage in Madden Next-Gen

Good or Bad?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2013, 10:18 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Your Opinion of Man and Zone Coverage in Madden Next-Gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopiDesertPriest
Good or Bad?
Good, almost perfect and just needs a few tweaks to WR/Db interactions and its a done deal as long as ratings matter in all of this.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:36 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
Good, almost perfect and just needs a few tweaks to WR/Db interactions and its a done deal as long as ratings matter in all of this.
I signed up to this website just to field this question because simply put the guy above me has no idea what he is talking about. REGARDLESS* of the corner I have recovers running 4-5 yards ahead of my corners. I tested with Richard Sherman on All Madden and he couldn't even cover a comeback route, he got left in the dust. Man coverage is terrible / Zone coverage is even worse. Zone coverage the MLB drops back too far and never picks up the man in the zone, so the quick slant (Which in real football is very ineffective against zone) is virtually unstoppable against the zone.

Again since the pass coverage sliders regardless of what they are set to will not improve the pass defense it has been a very stressful ordeal for me to come up with a successful slider set. I have a screenshot of Russell Wilson throwing for 24/26 on default all-madden and I do consider myself a well above average madden player. All in all this is a good game, but the biggest weakness of it is the pass defense and it is far from "Almost perfect".

Take Care.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:24 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseTheTruth
I signed up to this website just to field this question because simply put the guy above me has no idea what he is talking about. REGARDLESS* of the corner I have recovers running 4-5 yards ahead of my corners. I tested with Richard Sherman on All Madden and he couldn't even cover a comeback route, he got left in the dust. Man coverage is terrible / Zone coverage is even worse. Zone coverage the MLB drops back too far and never picks up the man in the zone, so the quick slant (Which in real football is very ineffective against zone) is virtually unstoppable against the zone.

Again since the pass coverage sliders regardless of what they are set to will not improve the pass defense it has been a very stressful ordeal for me to come up with a successful slider set. I have a screenshot of Russell Wilson throwing for 24/26 on default all-madden and I do consider myself a well above average madden player. All in all this is a good game, but the biggest weakness of it is the pass defense and it is far from "Almost perfect".

Take Care.
First off, the thread titles asks for "OPINIONS", I gave mine!

Secondly, what team in the NFL right now has been shutting everyone they play completely out in terms of defensive dominance?

Answer: NONE

Know why?

No team or people are perfect, and just because some corner or DE is dominate a few games here and there doesnt make them a dominant player every single play down and distance. What you are looking for is a "perfection" out of top players in the league and when it doesnt show, you get all pissy about and wanna call people's opinions out.

Well, I play online only, I havent had any problems like you are having and I adjust my defense for what players shortcomings affect my strategy. Its been like this with madden for ages and I dont think its ever been a year where a dominant player was actually that dominant to cover every route or play thrown his way.

Pass plays in this game are truly based off of timing when playing offline from my little time with it. Some people have that skill to read plays and make the right call and some dont. Obviously YOU DONT!

Have a good day!!!
Old 12-14-2013, 09:46 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Zone coverage is a little better. Man coverage is identical to current gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2013, 09:51 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
First off, the thread titles asks for "OPINIONS", I gave mine!

Secondly, what team in the NFL right now has been shutting everyone they play completely out in terms of defensive dominance?

Answer: NONE

Know why?

No team or people are perfect, and just because some corner or DE is dominate a few games here and there doesnt make them a dominant player every single play down and distance. What you are looking for is a "perfection" out of top players in the league and when it doesnt show, you get all pissy about and wanna call people's opinions out.

Well, I play online only, I havent had any problems like you are having and I adjust my defense for what players shortcomings affect my strategy. Its been like this with madden for ages and I dont think its ever been a year where a dominant player was actually that dominant to cover every route or play thrown his way.

Pass plays in this game are truly based off of timing when playing offline from my little time with it. Some people have that skill to read plays and make the right call and some dont. Obviously YOU DONT!

Have a good day!!!
Well I don't play online and I use the no switch rule so "Skill" is hardly a factor here, it's about realism in simulation football. When a person asks about how the pass coverage in a video game is, one would assume he is talking about the CPU's reaction to pass plays not one's "skill" (using that term very lightly) to switch to the pass defender, "Skillfully" hold triangle / Y and make a play like "skilled" players like yourself do online…

The point I made earlier was that I was frustrated that Russell Wilson went 24/26 against me. NFL offenses are pretty good, but you can hit me up when Qbs are throwing for 92%…I'll wait.

Last edited by ChaseTheTruth; 12-24-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:10 AM   #7
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

Zone and man coverage is terrible in this game. If the user isn't controlling the player, no stopping the passing game. Lucky for me I have stick skills. That's always been the Madden secret. Its hardly simulation. The field/player size dimensions need to be scratched and have code redone. Its not even close.

The God damn ball is still to ****ing big. Thought this was just a ps3 problem?
Old 12-14-2013, 10:55 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseTheTruth
Well I don't play online and I use the no switch rule so "Skill" is hardly a factor here, it's about realism in simulation football. When a person asks about how the pass coverage in a video game is, one would assume he is talking about the CPU's reaction to pass plays not one's "skill" (using that term very lightly) to switch to the pass defender, "Skillfully" hold triangle / Y and make a play like "skilled" players like yourself do online…

The point I made earlier was that I was frustrated that Russell Wilson went 24/26 against me. NFL offenses are pretty good, but you can hit me up when abs are throwing for 92%…I'll wait.
Well keep waiting, maybe your defense sucks, this has been the best playing madden yet in terms of quality. Not fully there yet but its closer than it has been in a while, u gotta pick and chooses when man meeds to be used, its not for every down and distance situation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »