Home

Throwing The Fade

This is a discussion on Throwing The Fade within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2013, 11:57 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Throwing The Fade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davon_A_Brown
Hold the Left Stick to the inside and throw a bullet.
Agreed. Although it's counter intuitive I've find bullet passes to be the best way to hit a goal line fade. A receiver with good SPC + CIT will go up and get it before the defender even has a chance to make a play on the ball.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:51 PM   #18
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
My only tip is, don't throw it. I have found absolutely no success in throwing not only the fade but any deep ball where my receiver has a step on the defender. This is probably my biggest frustration with the game. No matter how long I hold the left analog stick up and no matter if I tap the button, hold it, or go somewhere in between. Literally 100% of the time the ball is overthrown and about 50% of the time it's picked off.

The only success I've found is to turn into the receiver and attempt to catch the ball yourself. I've done this with Brandon Marshall a few times but it's still a tremendously risky pass.
That's your problem brother. Don't lead when throwing deep. Just hit the button and lob it. For some reason when you lead on deep ball, he throws it short.

I have very great success when my guys have steps on defenders. Just try it. You'll see what I mean.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:21 PM   #19
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

OVR: 8

I concur. I don't lead on deep throws, I just tap the button. The only time I lead is if the safety is playing inside then I'll throw a bullet pass and lead it to the right or vice/versa for inside go routes.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:26 PM   #20
Rookie

stp2081's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PioneerRaptor
I concur. I don't lead on deep throws, I just tap the button. The only time I lead is if the safety is playing inside then I'll throw a bullet pass and lead it to the right or vice/versa for inside go routes.
Same here. Not sure why lead passing up on deep lobs leads to underthrows, but that's how the game was coded.
Old 01-02-2014, 04:23 PM   #21
Think Different

onetonmartin's Arena

OVR: 9

Here is loosely what works for me.

On deep fades & streaks:
- Make sure your QB has at least a 89 Throw Power. Medium tap with stick up.
(Practically a MUST or they're all picked off in super-human fashion)
- Make sure your WR has at least 90ish Spd (High CIT is nice too)

On endzone fades:
- Make sure your WR is big and has high Jump and SPC. I tap the button and press up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2014, 02:18 PM   #22
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

lol

I threw my first goal line fade today, I saved the video but I uploaded pics and forgot about the video before clearing my highlights.

It looked like cover 2 zone and he just beat the press and the safety wasn't anywhere near the play. Only time I have seen it work.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:30 PM   #23
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
My only tip is, don't throw it. I have found absolutely no success in throwing not only the fade but any deep ball where my receiver has a step on the defender. This is probably my biggest frustration with the game. No matter how long I hold the left analog stick up and no matter if I tap the button, hold it, or go somewhere in between. Literally 100% of the time the ball is overthrown and about 50% of the time it's picked off.

The only success I've found is to turn into the receiver and attempt to catch the ball yourself. I've done this with Brandon Marshall a few times but it's still a tremendously risky pass.
im having the opposite problem. every time i try to throw a ball over the top it comes up short. so when my deep receiver beats the defender i try to throw and every time its short where the receiver does that turning the shoulders around animation and the db is in perfect position. i make sure my qb is not on the run and it doesnt matter if im holding the left stick forward (up) or neutral. it doesnt matter whether i only tap the pass button or hold it. its always short.

my fade route is having a different issue. my receivers dont actually run the fade properly (to the corner of the end zone) and i cant throw a nice lob into the end zone. even with a very slight tap of the pass button he throws a line drive.

Last edited by El_Poopador; 01-03-2014 at 09:39 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:21 PM   #24
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by PioneerRaptor
I've had no problem throwing the Fade Route, it comes down to a few factors. Firstly is it man coverage? You don't want to throw the Fade when your Receiver is has the Corner and a Safety overtop of him.

Secondly, has the Receiver beaten the Corner? Does he have a step on him or is he at least a bigger receiver. I'm in my second season as the Eagles and Desean Jackson has to have a step on the corner, as soon as I see him get that one step I throw it up and it usually is completed. However, I also have Rod Streater who will go up and make the play though he usually drops it afterwards .

The game is more challenging and realistic, you can't throw passes like you used to be able to. I've learned the hard way. Threw 30+ INTs my first season. In my second season I'm on pace to do better than that but still pretty bad.
This.

That's one of my favorite aspects of the passing game. You have to actually analyze the matchup before attempting to throw. I play with the Speed Threshold slider at 1 with WR Catching at 50 and Pass Coverage at 35 (Interceptions at 50). When I have a receiver that's faster than the corner, and that receiver has time to beat the corner downfield, I usually get the catch most of the time. However, to negate this from becoming too effective, I lowered my accuracy slider to 10. Now it's on me as the user to put the right amount of touch on the button and analog stick as I make the pass for it to be accurate enough for the receiver to catch the ball in stride.

Also, for those who feel WR's aren't aggressive enough going for the ball, I noticed that upping the WR Catch slider makes the WR more aggressive. However, it becomes a delicate balance of WR aggressive and skill. Raising the slider too high can turn an average wide receiver into a Calvin Johnson type. The WR's willingness to jump for the ball on the default setting as depends on his proximity to a defender and where the ball is placed. I've noticed that whoever is in front between the receiver and the DB (in this case, the player closer to the line of scrimmage) when the ball arrives will make the more aggressive of the two at jumping up for the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »