Home

Will you buy Madden 15 if the graphics aren't drastically improved?

This is a discussion on Will you buy Madden 15 if the graphics aren't drastically improved? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Thread title
Yes 53 58.89%
No 37 41.11%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-25-2013, 11:41 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Will you buy Madden 15 if the graphics aren't drastically improved?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24
They could use Tecmo Bowl Graphics if It meant game play was realistic. All I want is realistic sim football game play and proper CPU logic in CC.
Agreed. I just don't see how they'll ever get there with their current animation setup. To me, the A.I. is one big thing, but then you still have to have the animations match up with it to seal it. The animations are so goofy and awkward at times. I don't know what they're going to do now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2013, 10:36 PM   #26
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Didn't reply to the poll because it doesn't leave room for answers that do not specifically revolve around the graphics. The graphics have no influence on my decision to purchase the game.

What I would need to be fixed are the persistent bugs and major design flaws that are of no priority to Tiburon. Here is my list of what I want to see from Madden.

1) Fix the Auto-Subs
2) Fix the reversed wind direction arrow

3) Give the AI practice points.
4) Fix the Injury reserve not taking players off the active roster in preseason.
5)Correct Tie-Breakers according to the NFL rules, down to the potential coin toss.

Until those are confirmed, Madden is a no-go. Those are terrible bugs and design flaws that simply make the game unenjoyable. I don't even understand how the fifth one can happen. It is an officially licensed game but you don't even have the correct rules for playoff bids. That is baffling.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.

Last edited by Kaiser Wilhelm; 12-25-2013 at 10:41 PM.
Old 12-26-2013, 12:06 AM   #27
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
Didn't reply to the poll because it doesn't leave room for answers that do not specifically revolve around the graphics. The graphics have no influence on my decision to purchase the game.

What I would need to be fixed are the persistent bugs and major design flaws that are of no priority to Tiburon. Here is my list of what I want to see from Madden.

1) Fix the Auto-Subs
2) Fix the reversed wind direction arrow

3) Give the AI practice points.
4) Fix the Injury reserve not taking players off the active roster in preseason.
5)Correct Tie-Breakers according to the NFL rules, down to the potential coin toss.

Until those are confirmed, Madden is a no-go. Those are terrible bugs and design flaws that simply make the game unenjoyable. I don't even understand how the fifth one can happen. It is an officially licensed game but you don't even have the correct rules for playoff bids. That is baffling.

Very good points as well
Old 12-26-2013, 12:10 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 7

I still would like to see a graphical overhaul as well as vast gameplay improvements as mentioned above.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 12-26-2013, 09:30 AM   #29
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
The fact that Madden even has to keep being mentioned at all in the same breath as a basketball game in football-crazed America is more a discredit to Madden than anything else, and the people who keep using this comparison example aren't seeing how much it cheapens Madden's position. It was bad enough that Madden had to keep getting compared to NFL 2K5, at least it was an NFL game, but the NBA 2K comparisons are just off-the-charts bad for Madden.

I also feel like since 2K finally made a big mistake, everybody wants to use this as some kind of example of why Madden isn't so bad. But to that I say, one has nothing to do with the other and its really gotten out of hand all over the net.

Here is the bottom line: Last generation, Madden failed to reach not just the expectations that the general gamer had of it--expectations that got lower and lower each season--but also the mountain of promises Tiburon made. Bringing up NBA 2K14 doesn't erase a decade of mediocrity and abject failure to innovate past its predecessors in any meaningful way outside of graphical clarity, which was a technological given anyway. It also doesn't change that Madden 25 on XB1/PS4 is far below what one should've expected from a "Next-gen" football game, especially given that they had plenty of time to prepare. Going the port route was a butt-saver for THIS season, sure, but it screws us going forward. The rebuild didn't happen. This is the engine they're going with again. Love it, hate it, we're stuck with that for the rest of the generation if the license gets renewed, and for the love of God it shouldn't be renewed! This genre has been butchered for long enough now. We need new NFL options and badly. It will be good for everybody.

People can say all the negatives they want about NBA 2K14, and those negatives are justified for this year, 2K screwed up big time. What were they thinking? But you can be certain that by NBA 2K15 2K will have these terrible mode issues licked. Madden's engine has very little upside at all, and we know that because we've been playing it for almost a decade. It will be tweaked, poked and prodded, but that's it. This is the game. The wonky player models, the bad camera angles, the weak commentary, the bad cutscenes (why are NCAA 14's so much better?), the goofy TD celebrations (why are NCAA 14's so much cooler and tighter?) that look nothing like what players do in real life like the one in Madden where players are jumping around in the endzone like schoolgirls (What the heck is that?), the weird clunky animations (what the HECK is the deal with that ballcarrier animation on XB1/PS4??? How did they manage to make this worse than last gen???), as outdated as it all is, this is the game.

I'm not worried at all about 2K's future with NBA 2K, their track-record is much better over the past generation. But with Madden I'm certain that it's just going to continue to be more of the same, a decade of that proves it to be what we should expect. Just think about all of the obvious mistakes they left in M25 for 360/PS3. They've got NFL teams and players in an officially licensed NFL game running around with the wrong color (See 49ers helmets) and they just refuse to fix it. the 49ers are a top-billing NFL team, but you just leave it like that? Really, Tiburon? Everybody's helmets are dull and flat-colored like it's 1970, uniform designs are wrong, notable players have the wrong skin shade (How can you screw up Russell Wilson and Dez Bryant's colors unless you really just don't watch the NFL and don't know what they look like?). The 360/PS3 is still their largest install base and they don't fix those things after 3 patches? 3 patches? Do they even care how that makes them look?

These guys just need to be relieved. It's time. They're obviously burned out, sales have gone south, way south, and they clearly don't know how to right the ship. At the very least, they and us all deserve mercy now.
All of this for a simple yes or no graphics question regarding Madden?
Old 12-26-2013, 10:24 AM   #30
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
All of this for a simple yes or no graphics question regarding Madden?
It isn't a simple yes or no though. The question is worded as though the graphics were the only factor when there are multiple factors playing into why one would or would not purchase another Madden.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:33 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
It isn't a simple yes or no though. The question is worded as though the graphics were the only factor when there are multiple factors playing into why one would or would not purchase another Madden.
Exactly.

10 characters
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2013, 11:28 AM   #32
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
So, basically it's similar to all the other daily/weekly opinion threads which could go into the impression thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »