Home

Before I start my 32-team franchise...

This is a discussion on Before I start my 32-team franchise... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2014, 10:56 AM   #17
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Before I start my 32-team franchise...

I thought I had heard they fixed that? It's still a problem?

I wonder if re-loading your franchise from the same point right before the season begins would fix it by allowing a new draft class to be reloaded too.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:34 AM   #18
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
I thought I had heard they fixed that? It's still a problem?

I wonder if re-loading your franchise from the same point right before the season begins would fix it by allowing a new draft class to be reloaded too.
Did they? They might have. I didn't read anything about it, but I also don't check for updates anymore since EA is normally done with updates by now.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:08 PM   #19
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2

not sure about salary cap, but don't you think that it's realistic to have to worry about what team signs who? I.E. Ravens can't really afford anybody after winning that superbowl

Progression on Weekly because players can improve in real life from week to week. I only put on 4 weeks if im only controlling one team as the cpu will progress players more realistically and not only up the cheapest attributes. ALSO, you can always progress players by going to the "improve players" button on your team tab. So this doesn't really matter

Im interested to hear what you do in this save. Maybe blog about the league goings ons?
Old 02-06-2014, 10:50 PM   #20
Rookie

repeating draft classes was fixed ages ago.

there is a solid list. go look @ 360 board. lotusfathers draft guide
Old 02-07-2014, 01:42 PM   #21
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaj315
not sure about salary cap, but don't you think that it's realistic to have to worry about what team signs who? I.E. Ravens can't really afford anybody after winning that superbowl

Progression on Weekly because players can improve in real life from week to week. I only put on 4 weeks if im only controlling one team as the cpu will progress players more realistically and not only up the cheapest attributes. ALSO, you can always progress players by going to the "improve players" button on your team tab. So this doesn't really matter

Im interested to hear what you do in this save. Maybe blog about the league goings ons?
Well if the salary cap is turned off, I'll still do my best to keep every team below. But if a team goes slightly over, that's ok.

As far as progression, I've decided weekly. The problem lies within practice. If you practice week-in and week-out and always win, your players progress insane fast. Lol I just won't do it for any team. (not to mention how time consuming that would be)

I thought about doing a blog-like article on here saying what moves I did. I'll keep it into consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrown
repeating draft classes was fixed ages ago.

there is a solid list. go look @ 360 board. lotusfathers draft guide
Alright good to know it's fixed.

And yeah, I saw that thread. It's pretty accurate. I personally like to scout the players instead of using the guides though. I feel like I'm cheating if I use them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2014, 05:09 PM   #22
Rookie

strife1013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovert22044
Well the main reason I want to do a 32-team control CCM is because of all the unrealistic moves/releases. But one big reason is the draft. Year after year after year, I see teams draft a position they don't need. For example, I started a CCM with my Texans. The 49ers drafted QBs in the first round... THREE YEARS IN A ROW. It was so pointless because at the time of the drafts, Kaepernick was rated among the best in the league. I understand depth, but three straight years?

I'll admit I'm very OCD about rosters too. It drives me CRAZY when year in and year out after starting multiple CCMs, the Broncos always release Knowshon Moreno, who is their best-rated RB with Monte Ball quite a ways down at the 2nd best. It's unrealistic, and it itches at me. So when controlling all teams, I can make realistic moves by trade, release, draft, AND free agency. Though it's a lot of work, I feel it's worth it in the end.

After the Super Bowl when EA releases the end-of-year rosters without any injuries, I'm making a super roster. It's going to be near 100% accurate with tons of rating adjustments. I'll start my CCM after the roster is done.
Broncos are most likely gonna lose Moreno, can't afford him in real life. Saw a bunch of articles on nfl website about it.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:38 PM   #23
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife1013
Broncos are most likely gonna lose Moreno, can't afford him in real life. Saw a bunch of articles on nfl website about it.
But to cut him coming out of the first preseason game to start Monte Ball? I don't think that's realistic at all. Now if he were cut after the season during the off-season, then I'd understand completely.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:02 PM   #24
Rookie

strife1013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovert22044
But to cut him coming out of the first preseason game to start Monte Ball? I don't think that's realistic at all. Now if he were cut after the season during the off-season, then I'd understand completely.
Ahh ya, well that's why even though it's gonna be a pain in the butt I'm gonna control all 32 teams for free agency and draft. It's stupid stuff like this is the reason why I'm forced to do that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »