Home

X1/PS4 Madden Graphics pale in comparison when compared to MLB The Show14, NBA2k14

This is a discussion on X1/PS4 Madden Graphics pale in comparison when compared to MLB The Show14, NBA2k14 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2014, 06:07 PM   #57
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: X1/PS4 Madden Graphics pale in comparison when compared to MLB The Show14, NBA2k1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymeeAwesome
Finally upgraded to next gen. Tried out 2k14 to see the next gen graphics that others mentioned in this thread. I just don't see it. I feel the graphics of 2k14 are no better than madden.

My girlfriend even came into the room one time and said that 2k14 graphics looked worse than Madden on 360. Everyone has their own opinion but for what I see, Madden is on par with other sports games.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-25-2014, 09:31 PM   #58
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: X1/PS4 Madden Graphics pale in comparison when compared to MLB The Show14, NBA2k1

Quote:
Finally upgraded to next gen. Tried out 2k14 to see the next gen graphics that others mentioned in this thread. I just don't see it. I feel the graphics of 2k14 are no better than madden.

My girlfriend even came into the room one time and said that 2k14 graphics looked worse than Madden on 360. Everyone has their own opinion but for what I see, Madden is on par with other sports games.
Somehow this post doesn't surprise me....wonder why .....
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 04-25-2014, 10:07 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
She probably needs dumped then.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:40 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:

Man I agree I think Madden looks friggin' sweet a lot of the time, but it's just really inconsistent. Just putting some random numbers to it, Madden looks "great" and "next gen" about 60% of the time; with 2K it's more like 90% of the time. I've played about 40 or 50 hours now, I'm not so sour about any gameplay mechanics (and there I definitely agree Madden and 2K are on the same level - they play almost exactly the same if you ask me, and is damn near the same tech under the hood - little circles with mo-capped people inside them with ratings and dynamic animations tied to timing and positioning) so much as I just find the whole package a bit rushed and sloppy. Ragdoll physics way overdone, terrible commentary, bad presentation, way too many cutscenes of coaches, etc. Just generally unpolished. I'll take another peek in two or three years.

Last edited by NEOPARADIGM; 04-25-2014 at 11:44 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:50 AM   #61
Rookie

seanjohn21276's Arena

Considering how games like MLB 14 and NBA 2K14 look graphically, meaning they look like next-gen games, there's no excuse for Madden to come out looking like a cleaned up PS3 or 360 port. You'd love to think that if 2K were able to make an NFL licensed game that it would light a fire under EA Sports, but with the atrocity that's NBA Live, I seriously doubt that it would.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2014, 11:01 AM   #62
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
(and there I definitely agree Madden and 2K are on the same level - they play almost exactly the same if you ask me, and is damn near the same tech under the hood - little circles with mo-capped people inside them with ratings and dynamic animations tied to timing and positioning)
Except, Madden has no real passing rhythm which is largely a symptom of the bizarre and unpolished pass rush and inconsistent pocket-forming, O-Linemen give up on blocks regularly, glitchy run controls as a result of glitchy change of direction and stepping animations.

Those issues make both games play completely different to me. They're certainly not designed the same way as Madden is not as fundamentally sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
... so much as I just find the whole package a bit rushed and sloppy. Ragdoll physics way overdone, terrible commentary, bad presentation, way too many cutscenes of coaches, etc. Just generally unpolished.
The RTPe in Madden is more complicated than simple ragdoll, but I agree it needs a ton of fixing. I agree with the entire quote.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:06 PM   #63
Pro

Trick13's Arena

Gimme;
Adaptive AI
CPU controlled players on my team playing to their ratings -
meaning my 97 rated DE doesn't disappear
Fix the defense
Fix the offseason
Fix the clunky cumbersome pain in the ... menus

And I will gladly take PS2 graphics...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »