Home

Madden NFL 15 Official Trailer, Ultimate Edition Details and a Few Screenshots

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Official Trailer, Ultimate Edition Details and a Few Screenshots within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2014, 11:39 AM   #73
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Official Trailer, Ultimate Edition Details and a Few Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
Wow it looks like EA pulled the usual now that I have watched it over and over... They add true step as a big feature last year and it doesn't appear they have touched it from what I can tell. I guess it will only be the ball carrier again... SMH...
This. I mean we still have over 2 months until release and I'm sure a lot of information still hasn't been told, but EA is notorious for introducing something then never improving on it. If true step isn't applied to every player on the field and not just the ball carrier it's a fail.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:40 AM   #74
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 15 Official Trailer, Ultimate Edition Details and a Few Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsSB2015
Wow, I didn't even look into sales. Maybe that will make EA pay attention to people who want features in that never should have been taken out. It baffles me how they think people would be okay with the idea of less features going forward to any game.
It's still enough sales that they would not be anywhere close to panicking.

I know that Square/Enix was disappointed with only 5mil copies of Tomb Raider sold (pre the Definitive Edition, which sold extremely well, so now they're happy), but I'd wager the investment into producing that title was a lot more than Madden. Exclusive license aside, Madden is very much copy paste and very little R&D. At least I hope they don't spend a lot on R&D with these results.

The biggest expense associated with Madden is marketing and the license.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:43 AM   #75
Rookie

victorkingchamp's Arena

OVR: 3
Man I'm not doing this song and dance again....I don't want to see any more of these heavily edited Madden trailers that never represent the actual product.

I can't judge anything by this trailer. I'll wait for unedited gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2014, 11:48 AM   #76
Banned

Ovie832's Arena

why do I even bother to click on these trailers every year?
Sorry but I see barely any improvement in player models and movement.
Looks nothing close to as good as the Kap screenshot. I dont care what anyone says.Also love the 7 year old gloves and cleats.
NFL films cameras? like a few years ago? yeah...nice.

I'm just so tired of this franchise.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:48 AM   #77
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
It's still enough sales that they would not be anywhere close to panicking.

I know that Square/Enix was disappointed with only 5mil copies of Tomb Raider sold (pre the Definitive Edition, which sold extremely well, so now they're happy), but I'd wager the investment into producing that title was a lot more than Madden. Exclusive license aside, Madden is very much copy paste and very little R&D. At least I hope they don't spend a lot on R&D with these results.

The biggest expense associated with Madden is marketing and the license.
Also worth noting that Tomb Raider 2013 had a three-year development cycle. So yeah I imagine the technical budget of that single game blew Madden's single-year technical budget for a very iterative game (as most sports games are year-over-year) out of the water lol.

It's also a tough comparison to make given that EA Sports shares so much tech now; how much of the cost for the development of their common toolset IGNITE goes to Madden, to FIFA, to NHL, to NBA Live, to UFC?

Last edited by CM Hooe; 06-06-2014 at 11:49 AM. Reason: I accidentally a word
Old 06-06-2014, 11:50 AM   #78
Banned

OVR: 5
Same as always.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:51 AM   #79
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

I thought it looked good, then again I know Madden is a video game.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:56 AM   #80
Banned

TheSaints7's Arena

Re: Madden 15 Gameplay Video

When Luke flexes, his arms look wierd just like they do in other maddens. Are EA incapable of making graphically good arms? They look so stupid when players are tensing.

Nothing from the trailer excited me. Typical.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »