Home

Madden NFL 15 Video - Gameplay Footage & More on the Play Call System

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video - Gameplay Footage & More on the Play Call System within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 11:58 PM   #113
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Gameplay, Play Call System

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
I can agree with you on your points but I'd also add 1 thing, at the very least they could band aid us and trick us into thinking they worked on it by improving the blocking concepts, give us a few more plays besides left, right, middle return, and improve on CPU AI for punt returners whether that be through ratings on some code to allow them to idk maybe run away from a defender rather than straight ahead? Lol

I wanna say when I tried playmakers rosters years ago and even dans with fbg ratings applied it gave rb's and pr's the ability to attack holes and not just run straight. They would use moves in the trenches. Simple ratings adjustments got the results we wanted. Again, at least it's a band aid til it's redone.
I agree completely... do something with it if they can't overhaul it. I wonder if special teams issues even get on their radar of things to work on.

Watch me play video games
Old 06-23-2014, 04:17 PM   #114
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
I agree completely... do something with it if they can't overhaul it. I wonder if special teams issues even get on their radar of things to work on.
Probably very far down the list. Max Cover Punt I'm sure still doesn't work as a play call. Punt coverage as a whole doesn't even really work. I hate how the return men automatically know exactly where to go on the field as soon as the ball is kicked. The Seahawks only gave up like 3.9 a return on punts last year. I don't even think that's possible in Madden without averaging like 30 yards a kick.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:30 PM   #115
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Gameplay Footage & More on the Play Call System

CANT WAIT!!! ::BART SCOTT VOICE::
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2014, 01:11 PM   #116
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Probably very far down the list. Max Cover Punt I'm sure still doesn't work as a play call. Punt coverage as a whole doesn't even really work. I hate how the return men automatically know exactly where to go on the field as soon as the ball is kicked. The Seahawks only gave up like 3.9 a return on punts last year. I don't even think that's possible in Madden without averaging like 30 yards a kick.
It will be interesting to see how the wind affects the punting game, it's supposed to affect punting just like it is kicking, and the ratings are supposed to be in play more as well.
Old 06-25-2014, 05:37 PM   #117
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
I can agree with you on your points but I'd also add 1 thing, at the very least they could band aid us and trick us into thinking they worked on it by improving the blocking concepts, give us a few more plays besides left, right, middle return, and improve on CPU AI for punt returners whether that be through ratings on some code to allow them to idk maybe run away from a defender rather than straight ahead? Lol

I wanna say when I tried playmakers rosters years ago and even dans with fbg ratings applied it gave rb's and pr's the ability to attack holes and not just run straight. They would use moves in the trenches. Simple ratings adjustments got the results we wanted. Again, at least it's a band aid til it's redone.
It's amazing how actually rating players on equally-based data can change how a game feels - even if it is just on KR/PR. If EA would actually mimic how players move by hiring a kinematics team, they would improve the game vastly.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Old 06-26-2014, 01:57 PM   #118
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

I'm still waiting for the ability to set who's on my special teams. Can't stand seeing top players running down the field on special teams.
I'm assuming that's still not an option.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-26-2014, 11:10 PM   #119
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerros
Um, even with the new normal maps on the Madden players that still doesn't negate the fact that the game still has the same crappy animations. And don't get me started on the game mechanics. Sad when you have to steal features from old games and call them new.

Hard to get enthusiastic about a game released by a developer that can't even get the wind in the right direction, 25 years deep in their franchise.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:55 PM   #120
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Gameplay Footage & More on the Play Call System

I hope they added more settings. Or re add things they took away, like run blocking?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »