Home

Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2014, 11:01 PM   #169
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream Starts at 4:30 PM EST, Watch it Here

Like other posters, I had low expectations, but in the end it was probably the most impressive, non-fluff, breakdown I've seen a sports game dev do—I don't know. Maybe ever? I haven't really followed the nitty gritty of Madden dev teams, and complaints since Ian, but I appreciate the concise way Rex expressed his vision for the series, and candor about the game's current shortcomings. I'll reserve judgment until I play it, but I'm definitely willing to support Rex's Madden with my wallet.

Technically, the game seemed a lot fresher, animations wise, that I'd seen in previous footage. There was still some funky stuff, and bad lack of credible player momentum, but I was surprised how impressed I was. Pre-release footage for a football game hasn't done that for me for ages.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:08 PM   #170
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I still think the replays are too quick and have poor angles. Show me how the play develop from a broadcast angle and then show another angle after of a tackle or pass break up.
Yeah, they still look awkward. The one where the camera followed the ball on the deep pass looked really bad. The camera views on them don't look right either. Too many weird angles and field level views. Need more top of the stadium, nearly all-22 type shots like these:
Spoiler

Spoiler

And then the lower level corner end-zone shot:

Spoiler

Those two angles alone make up the majority of replays. Throw in the other stuff here and there too for variety. Then for bigger games have the wire cam angle for replays as well.

Spoiler

Haven't really paid attention but I don't believe I've seen anything like this used at the goal line either. And it's a staple of anything inside the five as well as the goal post cam.

Spoiler

They really need to get the camera off the ball when showing replays too. Nothing ruins a replay or angle more than when the ball is stuck in the center the whole time. They had the same problem with the kickoff camera angle where it just looked weird.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:10 PM   #171
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I'm not here to say I told you so guys, I just want everyone to have a good game of football. They still have work to do and you heard them admit that more than once. I still think this is just the turning point, it will get better from here IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JP as I stated before if if this game is what u state..I have no issue with stating and I hope to state "You are RIGHT I WAS WRONG" but until game in hand it will have to wait

Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2014, 11:14 PM   #172
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Halfway through the video and im definitely impressed. Visuals look great and gameplay is noticeably better. Its been awhile since ive enjoyed a madden game but this looks like it will be a big step in the right direction

Really happy they took the time to correct some of the exploits that have been plaguing madden for yrs. Shows theyre listening, rex seems like a good dude

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat

Last edited by friscob; 07-18-2014 at 11:18 PM.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:16 PM   #173
Banned

OVR: 32

did anyone else hear Rex when he talked about how they tuned the penalties? I wonder what he meant there.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:18 PM   #174
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
lol, don't get me wrong, certain issues are still obviously present but like so many have stated before, you definitely get some tangible evidence that these guys are trying to make Madden, less Madden. When you watch the video, I think you'll get what I mean.
Adding to the chorus, I see it too. Rex, you guys are clearly working on details of game play that casuals haven't been aware of, but which make a big difference in the depth, quality and replayability of the title.

After the last recent years with the game, and especially after my buyer's remorse last year, I'm pretty impressed not only with what you have shown in this video, but with the way you are going about improving the game and communicating with people like us, the long time hard core crowd.

Like Big FN Deal, I feel like I want to reward that with a purchase, though I still want to hear about CFM. I'm getting close, and certainly closer than I was expecting.

Thanks for all your work, and for your straight up candor.

Odds and ends, I see defensive assignments that cover a game didn't make it in this year. I'm assuming that's also the case for formation subs, but I hope you have that on your radar as well.

As others have said, I'd also like to hear more about sliders, what they do this year, how they affect the game. If game balancing works as you guys have been talking about, then maybe they are less critical as a remedial necessity to try to compensate for bad gameplay.

Still, the ability to tweak and customize for gameplay styles, CFM leagues, etc., are all really important, and I hope you guys will give us the understanding we need of how the sliders work to make intelligent choices, and save us tons of experimental time.

Good job so far, on the substance and on the communications.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:19 PM   #175
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream Starts at 4:30 PM EST, Watch it Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDEAFootball
>> I definitely plan on going out to buy M15 new, to support what these guys seem to be trying to do.

We REALLY appreciate it and this means a lot to us. The game needs to sell well for EA to continue to embrace our vision, so comments like these are a lot more valuable to us than you may realize.

^ this right here sells me more then any of JP's sales pitch... Rex u back up 80 % of what JP is selling and half of what your selling u have a many new "old" customers..this day was a big step forward..but plz plz don't take this win as "the end of the war.. This is just one battle" but a very large victory..plz continue forward

Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621

Last edited by StefJoeHalt; 07-18-2014 at 11:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2014, 11:20 PM   #176
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
did anyone else hear Rex when he talked about how they tuned the penalties? I wonder what he meant there.
Probably messed with the frequency of penalties and touched up the things that can trigger them. Hope that the penalty sliders are not tied to the gameplay like they were in 25.

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »