Home

Formation subs

This is a discussion on Formation subs within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2014, 01:28 PM   #25
Director of Fun and Games

atom27's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Formation subs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
DL pass rushing subs, nickel LBs, certain WRs and CBs that always line up in the slot when available, short yardage backs, etc are crucial. I want to do it and I want the CPU too. I'd really like it if they could figure out how to use pass catching Rbs and share carries.
Yes. Yes. Yes!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2014, 01:33 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 8

If they alow us to change the game play clock in game I wouldbe happy.
So you can turn of the gameclock on your first play do your subs and set the play clock again.
But I think thats not even gonne be possible
Old 08-07-2014, 01:42 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 6

It is quite simply a NO BUY for me if these things have not been implemented to CFM.

The fun of CFM is building, managing and shaping your team. Packages and subs are an integral part of this process. Not having that ability kills the immersion for me.

Furthermore, the sim stats need to be greatly improved upon as well, or CFM is rendered entirely pointless. This fix was alluded to in the franchise improvement article, so hopefully it's on point.

Bonus points will be given for a realistic number of injuries occurring to the user O lines as well.....

I really wish they would focus more on solid football fundamentals and save the fluff and bling for later.

Last edited by Sturzinator; 08-07-2014 at 03:28 PM.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:40 PM   #28
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

I agree with a lot of the other posters. On offense, its a drag but I can work around it and deal with it. Mostly just when I want to have a specific reciever in the slot on a given formation.

Defense and special teams are killers though. I am so sick of having starting LBs, or valuable backup WR covering kicks and punts. I want to have all of the guys running down the field to be backup LB and S. We used to be able to do that and it was so easy!
Old 08-07-2014, 04:29 PM   #29
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Going a step further beyond packages and formation subs, I'd like more options on the depth chart - for example: split end, flanker, slot receiver - and I'd like some things changed - for example: replace left / right outside linebacker with weak side / strong side outside linebacker and have them intelligently line up according to the strength of the offense's formation.

The way it's currently set up - particularly for wide receivers - is a mess, given that there are formations in the game which reposition WR1 / WR2 / WR3 in every which way, which may not be ideal. For example, I should be able to specify that I never want Wes Welker on the line of scrimmage (as to avoid a jam off the line and more quickly place into motion since he's off the line) and not have to worry about it, regardless of playbook. To do this, I'd just make him the top slot receiver in a more fleshed-out depth chart; in any formation with a slot receiver (be it Singleback 3WR, I-Form twins, or whatever), Welker would immediately fill in as the top option, and I'd never have to worry about him being up on the line immediately contested by a press corner (as he would be if he were lined up on the line of scrimmage).

Bottom line, I want more complex and more intelligent ways to manage my team's personnel.
Man, I hope they get to this at some point soon. OLBs, WRs & Safeties. I've been asking for years.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:29 PM   #30
Just started!

OVR: 0

So after several years of "no" will we finally have formation subs this year?
Old 08-07-2014, 10:01 PM   #31
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdthadh
So after several years of "no" will we finally have formation subs this year?

No we won't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2014, 11:09 PM   #32
MVP

Gman 18's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
No we won't.
Maybe in another 10 years we will get them

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk