Home

Madden NFL 15 Top Middle Linebackers

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Top Middle Linebackers within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2014, 10:43 PM   #49
Be Good To One Another
 
The JareBear's Arena
 
OVR: 49
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 11,574
Blog Entries: 17
Re: Madden NFL 15 Top Middle Linebackers

Who said Willis doesn't deserve to be rated high?

Personally, all I said was I think Luke is the best in the business. I've seen him, quite literally, take over games in a way only Ray Lewis in his prime could do.

Willis and Bowman are amazing.

Let's take off the homer glasses and be reasonable.

Just opinions, regardless
__________________
"Successful people do not celebrate in the adversity or misfortune of others."

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
The JareBear is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 12:50 AM   #50
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Aug 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganfan8620
I don't think he was referring to you, as you are pretty right. Bowman is maybe a bit better at technique related things, Willis is more athletic. I think he's talking about the people who want Willis rated way below Kuechly.
yes you are right .. I apologize Trojan i quoted the wrong person ..... but even if you compare Pat's stats to Bow .. Pat's first 3 seasons were better ........ I think right now Bow the upside because he is younger but they are the same ...
thehitokiri is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 12:55 AM   #51
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Aug 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Over Willis YES. Willis is getting name recognition ratings here IMO. I'd go Bowman 1a and Kuechly 1b and Willis would be 3 points overall lower. Just my opinion. He hasn't done what those two have done the last two seasons IMO.
this is the person I was trying to quote ... The reason Pat is not putting those numbers is because he plays "Jack" and Luke and Bow play "Mike" .....
thehitokiri is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2014, 04:55 AM   #52
MVP
 
Sheba2011's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Whoa - how did Mayo clinch top 5?

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
Mayo is one of the best LB's in the NFL. Losing him last year hurt the Patriots more than any other player.
Sheba2011 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:56 AM   #53
MVP
 
Sheba2011's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Anyhoo, Mayo is still not proven to be better than: Dansby, Freeman, Dqwel, Wagner, Cushing, Butler Meyaluga, Daryl Washington (off suspension).

Hell, Spikes can be rated a 91 at the position.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
Spikes should be in the low 80's he is excellent at stopping the run but outside of that he is completely useless.
Sheba2011 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:59 AM   #54
MVP
 
Sheba2011's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
I have no hate for Mayo but he is coming off a major season ending injury and is unproven at the position, at least in the Pros.

I think an 85 - 88 would suffice based on his adjusted IQ and degraded physical abilities.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
Unproven at the position? Do you even know who Mayo is? He was an All Pro LB in 2010.
Sheba2011 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 12:30 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame
 
OVR: 40
Join Date: Jul 2002
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Madden NFL 15 Top Middle Linebackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehitokiri
this is the person I was trying to quote ... The reason Pat is not putting those numbers is because he plays "Jack" and Luke and Bow play "Mike" .....
I'm not going by numbers though, I'm going by what I see. Secondly, I'm going by the trend on how EA rates defensive player of the year and how they give NAME ratings. I know all about the latter given Lewis and Reed being rated high even when they were clearly dropping off. I'll just say it this way, go back and look at every defensive player of the year for the last five years, then look at his rating in Madden that year and count how many guys at that position were rated higher than him.

Here are the last few prior to Kuechly

Watt - 2012
Suggs - 2011
Matthews - 2010
Woodson -2009
Harrison - 2008
Bob Sanders -2007
Jason Taylor - 2006

Nobody at those positions was rated higher than the reigning DPOY in Madden. Nobody. They did right by saying this guy is DPOY for a reason. Someone may have been TIED with them, but not rated 2 and three points ahead of them. Luke is getting short changed because Willis' name. I'm not saying Willis is not a top 5 guy in real life although I think Bowman played better last year and not just because of a move to Jack for Willis. For Luke, too many impact plays from him last year and not as many for Willis for EA/Madden not to have him ahead of Willis. They won't do it because of Willis' name. It shows a radical inconsistency in how they normally rate the DPOY.

I'll stand by the assertion I made. Donny isn't taking into account whether they are playing Jack or Mike in his ratings. So it's not about position impacting numbers. He just decided to give Willis the highest rating at ILB. Technically, based on the way they rate DPOY Luke should be rated higher than Bowman. I think Bowman is the best not just based on numbers. Whether he will return to form, I hope he can. While I think Bowman is the best, I wouldn't have any problem with Luke being a point higher for Madden purposes. You don't rate the DPOY a specific way for X years straight and now all of a sudden short change the DPOY due to NAME purposes. It's a weak excuse IMO.



Let's look at the flip side. Manning was NFL MVP and Offensive Player of the year and guess what that SHOWS up in the ratings. Adrian Peterson was the Offensive Player of the year in 2012 I believe and that SHOWED up in the ratings. Why can't the same happen for Kuechly on defense at least at his position?

Last edited by LBzrule; 07-29-2014 at 12:42 PM.
LBzrule is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2014, 03:00 PM   #56
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Aug 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I'm not going by numbers though, I'm going by what I see. Secondly, I'm going by the trend on how EA rates defensive player of the year and how they give NAME ratings. I know all about the latter given Lewis and Reed being rated high even when they were clearly dropping off. I'll just say it this way, go back and look at every defensive player of the year for the last five years, then look at his rating in Madden that year and count how many guys at that position were rated higher than him.

Here are the last few prior to Kuechly

Watt - 2012
Suggs - 2011
Matthews - 2010
Woodson -2009
Harrison - 2008
Bob Sanders -2007
Jason Taylor - 2006

Nobody at those positions was rated higher than the reigning DPOY in Madden. Nobody. They did right by saying this guy is DPOY for a reason. Someone may have been TIED with them, but not rated 2 and three points ahead of them. Luke is getting short changed because Willis' name. I'm not saying Willis is not a top 5 guy in real life although I think Bowman played better last year and not just because of a move to Jack for Willis. For Luke, too many impact plays from him last year and not as many for Willis for EA/Madden not to have him ahead of Willis. They won't do it because of Willis' name. It shows a radical inconsistency in how they normally rate the DPOY.

I'll stand by the assertion I made. Donny isn't taking into account whether they are playing Jack or Mike in his ratings. So it's not about position impacting numbers. He just decided to give Willis the highest rating at ILB. Technically, based on the way they rate DPOY Luke should be rated higher than Bowman. I think Bowman is the best not just based on numbers. Whether he will return to form, I hope he can. While I think Bowman is the best, I wouldn't have any problem with Luke being a point higher for Madden purposes. You don't rate the DPOY a specific way for X years straight and now all of a sudden short change the DPOY due to NAME purposes. It's a weak excuse IMO.



Let's look at the flip side. Manning was NFL MVP and Offensive Player of the year and guess what that SHOWS up in the ratings. Adrian Peterson was the Offensive Player of the year in 2012 I believe and that SHOWED up in the ratings. Why can't the same happen for Kuechly on defense at least at his position?
dude are you kidding me ? .. Luke is a 4-3 LB and Patrick and Bow play on the 3-4 ... You say that moving to Jack LB has nothing to do with Willis dropped in tackles ?? ... dude he has to drop into coverage more than he ever did and having a monster like Bow next to him who plays the Mike and its assigned to help in the run game more than Willis has also nothing to do with his decrease in tackles ?? .. I'm not taking anything away from Luke he is a beast but to say that Willis's decrease in tackles have nothing to do with him playing Jack and having Bow next to him is just ludicrous ......
thehitokiri is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:54 AM.

Top -