Home

Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2014, 12:35 PM   #465
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
The thing is, you wouldn't even have to change your scheme back because I found the 62 DT was still very productive since his actual ratings don't change.
So what's the point of the scheme then? Why not just stick with true overall and scrap schemes if it isn't going to make any type of adjustment on the game?

(though, as I said, it did make an adjustment for me especially when it came to Hester, so we had a different experience with schemes I guess)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2014, 12:43 PM   #466
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey986
We're we able to view TRUE OVERALL in the menus of cfm? I felt like there was a way but it was really convoluted and required going through multiple screens. I'm working on getting a copy on eBay so I'll have to check some of these things out again if I do before trading it in.
Previously we were able to view true overall by using the in game depth chart but EA fixed this.

True overall is simply the overall used in play now. The recent ratings reveal? Those were the true overalls.

I also traded in M25 but am regretting it now lol.

Quote:
So what's the point of the scheme then? Why not just stick with true overall and scrap schemes if it isn't going to make any type of adjustment on the game?

(though, as I said, it did make an adjustment for me especially when it came to Hester, so we had a different experience with schemes I guess)
It is a roster management assist. More so for the AI but it helps the user too. Take defensive ends as they are the best example. A 4-3 DE is different from a 3-4 DE. Previously a DE would be rated 88 but he could be a horrible fit for a 3-4 defense. So if you ran a 3-4 defense that overall was misleading. Now you get a better indication of how well a player fits your team.

If I still had the game I would run the test with Hester. (scheme)Overall may have an impact on the simulation engine and if it does that was an oversight on the part of EA.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:49 PM   #467
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Previously we were able to view true overall by using the in game depth chart but EA fixed this.

True overall is simply the overall used in play now. The recent ratings reveal? Those were the true overalls.

I also traded in M25 but am regretting it now lol.

It is a roster management assist. More so for the AI but it helps the user too. Take defensive ends as they are the best example. A 4-3 DE is different from a 3-4 DE. Previously a DE would be rated 88 but he could be a horrible fit for a 3-4 defense. So if you ran a 3-4 defense that overall was misleading. Now you get a better indication of how well a player fits your team.

If I still had the game I would run the test with Hester. (scheme)Overall may have an impact on the simulation engine and if it does that was an oversight on the part of EA.
Fair points. I guess to me the whole thing ended up being way the hell more complicated than it should have been and they should have just kept madden 13s franchise setup instead. Hopefully it all makes more sense this year, at least to me.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:53 PM   #468
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Fair points. I guess to me the whole thing ended up being way the hell more complicated than it should have been and they should have just kept madden 13s franchise setup instead. Hopefully it all makes more sense this year, at least to me.
They did a pretty bad job of explaining it so quite a few people were confused as to what it was and did. The biggest problem was with how buggy it has been with schemes not sticking after changes. The first year was understandable but it also happened in M25 Owner mode lol.
I can understand why that alone would leave a sour taste in people's mouths.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:57 PM   #469
Rookie

Quote:
They did a pretty bad job of explaining it so quite a few people were confused as to what it was and did. The biggest problem was with how buggy it has been with schemes not sticking after changes. The first year was understandable but it also happened in M25 Owner mode lol.
I can understand why that alone would leave a sour taste in people's mouths.
Yeah, agreed. I wasn't planning to buy it on release this year but with the best buy trade deal I probably will now since I can get it for 25 bucks.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:57 PM   #470
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
I have answered this question before. We are talking in circles. You say you do but you actually do not get schemes at all.
Yes I do understand schemes. My god. That's why I can see there are deficiencies in how they are represented in the game as opposed to the real NFL.

Quote:
And in my franchise I did not see it. Out of curiosity though I did a google search on the issue and found nothing. So such a obvious exploit of the game and the internet knows nothing?? I would think I would find complaints from online CFM guys wouldn't you??
I wouldn't know. I don't play online. Just offline CFM.

Quote:
So it does not matter. Then answer the question. What running plays did you call?
The same for both RB's, Harris and Lacy, with no difference in production. If they are both running the same plays, shouldn't the one fit for the scheme (Lacy) have better production?

Quote:
I really don't think you do. You have asked this same question about three times :What good is scheme if it doesn't effect production?
I have answered multiple times yet it continues to be asked.
You haven't answered it satisfactorily. That's why it keeps being asked. My 65 RB, WR, DT should not have the same production as my 85 RB, WR, DT. Why do they if they if they don't fit the scheme and schemes are working correctly? Either the GB default schemes are setup incorrectly and don't match the GB default playbook, or schemes don't work correctly.
Old 08-08-2014, 01:00 PM   #471
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:

I think you are talking about simmed games and I'm talking about played games. It might make a difference in simmed games and not in played games. They both use a different engine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2014, 02:07 PM   #472
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

I was hoping that in CFM they would've change the different tiles (roster management, trades, trade block, settings, depth chart, etc.) to a team specific theme. If I'm the Eagles maybe each one is a different Eagle, or something related. . . Instead its loaded with 49ers and Seahawks I'm sure lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »