Home

Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2014, 03:45 PM   #505
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Ditto.
Personally I hate XP as well as ratings.
My wish is to one day have a game where there are no visible ratings other than the ones that are measurable from physical motions.
Strength, speed, accel etc...

The other things like catch in traffic, fumbling, awareness etc... I want to come from what we see on the field through a robust combine, training camp and pre season.
Give us that and I'd venture to say anyone would think preseason is a waste.

Let me and my couching staff earn our money.

#HideTheRatings
I think ratings have run their course, it's a feature that hasn't changed since some of the first sports games were released nearly 3 decades ago. You would need more than just a combine though, you would need scouting reports on players both pro and college to fill in some of the gaps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2014, 03:53 PM   #506
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Osprey
As far as schemes go, I like the concept, but I think it needs some work as far as the players and scheme settings are concerned. Is it possible there are bugs in it that they never worked out?

I have had players with a certain scheme that when I change my scheme to match theirs, their OVR went down. That's a little confusing to me. And in my current Chargers franchise, they are listed as a 4-3 defense. I have a 4-3 defense selected, but I STILL have 2 MLB's in the scheme settings. ?

And my biggest frustration with schemes is the CPU not changing their schemes to match their personnel, or change their player positions to better suit the player. Their was a player in my Chargers franchise that was listed as a DE, but changing him to any DT saw his OVR jump into upper 70's or low 80's.
Schemes do need a lot of work still. I like the stuff you're talking about and I would add that player attributes have a greater effect in game performance for the different schemes. Make me pay a price for having the wrong type of player.

Some players are good in multiple schemes. Do something to reflect that.

Some players can learn to be effective in a scheme. Incorporate that somehow.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:00 PM   #507
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Ditto.
Personally I hate XP as well as ratings.
My wish is to one day have a game where there are no visible ratings other than the ones that are measurable from physical motions.
Strength, speed, accel etc...

The other things like catch in traffic, fumbling, awareness etc... I want to come from what we see on the field through a robust combine, training camp and pre season.
Give us that and I'd venture to say anyone would think preseason is a waste.

Let me and my couching staff earn our money.

#HideTheRatings
You would need some way to quantify the non physical attributes. I like to think of them as actual hidden ratings vs perceived shown ratings. However you display the non physical attributes, it should have some degree of error. I would incorporate a coaching staff, GM and scouts with evaluation ratings. The better they are at evaluating the more accurate the perceived shown ratings are. It could be a range, or a letter grade from the accumulation of scouting reports or whatever. But I'm with you that the only true accurate ratings should be the physical ratings. And those can be shown as 40 times, cone drills etc.

But I really like where you are going with this sky.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:10 PM   #508
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
You would need some way to quantify the non physical attributes. I like to think of them as actual hidden ratings vs perceived shown ratings. However you display the non physical attributes, it should have some degree of error. I would incorporate a coaching staff, GM and scouts with evaluation ratings. The better they are at evaluating the more accurate the perceived shown ratings are. It could be a range, or a letter grade from the accumulation of scouting reports or whatever. But I'm with you that the only true accurate ratings should be the physical ratings. And those can be shown as 40 times, cone drills etc.

I would love this too. I know there would still be ratings of some sort but, they would be hidden. Even AP2k08 had hidden ratings but, I would love if our coaches and scouts gave us scouting reports. Even they use ratings but it's 0-5 scale. That way we would know the physical attributes like 40 time, 10 yard splits and whatever but also have how or coaching staff and scouts grade a player in our system. We could give them things we value like FB IQ or raw physical skill that are the things we value most.

There is so much potential with a better system. I'm afraid EA wants to keep it simple though. Have you heard how a typical Madden fan talks about the game. All this real stuff might confuse the heck out of them. Lol
Old 08-10-2014, 04:20 PM   #509
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60

Yeah I'm saying hide them at the least.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 08-10-2014, 04:49 PM   #510
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Never had my question answered on the broadcast. Does anyone know if the game prep/training of players will have different point gains depending on your difficulty settings?
Basically, why bother playing the training sessions on All Madden if you can do it on Rookie for the same amount of XP?
Old 08-10-2014, 04:50 PM   #511
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
I think ratings have run their course, it's a feature that hasn't changed since some of the first sports games were released nearly 3 decades ago. You would need more than just a combine though, you would need scouting reports on players both pro and college to fill in some of the gaps.
This is the same claim Ian and company tried to make but it's not true, in regard to it being a necessity. Granted some might prefer having some in-game mechanic to guide them and limit their mistakes but taken too far you get what we have now, TMI, imo. It irks me the way Tiburon seems to cater to gamers that don't want a challenge in a video game, I have nothing directly against gamers with that POV because it's their game too, they should be able to play however they see fit but I would like options to play "my way" and the NFL way too.

To everyone, I don't know how many have seen it but CMHooe has created a thread that I feel offers a solution for hidden ratings. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...isualized.html

Of course it could fleshed out more in various ways but I think it's a solid foundation because it doesn't require much change on existing system. It just offers a way for those of us that want more ratings ambiguity, that option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2014, 05:06 PM   #512
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

I figured I would ask this in here. When I get the game I plan on putting it to where only human controlled teams are allowed to relocate. If I do that will CPU teams still rebuild their stadiums?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »