Home

Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Videocast with Josh Looman

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Videocast with Josh Looman within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-07-2014, 06:41 PM   #105
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Videocast with Josh Looman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I'm going to have to wait and see until I say the above is actually true. If 7-10 years from now no features are removed and things are just added, I'd say you are right. If in 5 years we're starting over again for whatever reason (new leaders) or things are removed, then it's pretty much business as usual.

For me, I just can't stomach the progression system, having to reach statistical goals, etc. But this years looks a little better than M25 in that part of the progression can be due to film study. I too am leaning towards getting M15. I already know what I won't like, so it won't be a shock, and some good things were added to CFM and to game play. Hope we both enjoy it.
Agree.. They "shouldn't be removing and re-adding anything now...but It's all dependent on whether they scrap the current system again and start over though..
My second point was really that it didn't needed to be said in multiple threads again and again.

I just wish whatever they need to do to get a new animation system and REAL ball physics (something that I see again has not changed a bit as far as the ball) that they'd just do it.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2014, 06:47 PM   #106
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
I feel like after watching the video, they are more concerned about improving the online cfm, as opposed to the offline.
Online is great, but I feel that ever since Madden first came online, CFM has taken a back seat to the developers at EA.
Modes like MUT that bring in money after release are the way of the future for EA and Madden. Until their is some healthy competition in the football video game world, we are going to keep dealing with them remvoing and readding features that we have grown to love over the last few years.
The improvements are awesome, but are they really worth the $60 upgrade?
To each their own on the last question.

Yeah, you do seem to keep bringing this removing and readding features into threads? Last Novembers interview with Rex Dickson said they aren't doing that.

Maybe refining and redesigning, but I'm not sure where we are seeing removing of features from last year to this year??
Old 08-07-2014, 06:59 PM   #107
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Agree..
Sky, I read a post that said the drills or film study is only for X number of players per week. Do you know if that is true or not? Be very disappointing to me if this is true.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:14 PM   #108
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
I'm going to have to wait and see until I say the above is actually true. If 7-10 years from now no features are removed and things are just added, I'd say you are right. If in 5 years we're starting over again for whatever reason (new leaders) or things are removed, then it's pretty much business as usual.

For me, I just can't stomach the progression system, having to reach statistical goals, etc. But this years looks a little better than M25 in that part of the progression can be due to film study. I too am leaning towards getting M15. I already know what I won't like, so it won't be a shock, and some good things were added to CFM and to game play. Hope we both enjoy it.
I have to hand it to you Bucky, I was giving the XP system the benefit of the doubt when it debuted but you were spot on about it from the jump, imo. I initially looked at it as a way to allow Users to handle progression manually, while others could still have it automated/under the hood by simming but it seems nothing of the sort at this point.

After the watching the CFM stream, I find myself wondering why XP is even necessary, when it just creates a "middle man" system for boosting ratings. I'm fine with all the drills and manual options available for a User to progress/maintain players, as well as improve their stick skills but can't figure out how the XP system compliments that. It seems redundant, imo, considering the work is already done, so the allocation could just be automatically applied gradually directly to certain ratings/DPP when simming or chosen upfront manually. At least then the UI could be football based instead of RPG-ish, I find the XP UI and system to be TMI that detracts from football immersion.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:18 PM   #109
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

The XP system is weird because it suggests that customization is big for EA.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:30 PM   #110
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Sky, I read a post that said the drills or film study is only for X number of players per week. Do you know if that is true or not? Be very disappointing to me if this is true.
Don't know my man.
The system I was hoping for was a time based system where you can do as many drills as time permits...per day. Each drill was a set time. Then you'd have to make the best of the time you have each day.

I don't feel that you should be able to hit every player every week for example unless you chose a "film study" day where all players got a minimal boost.. etc...
If you did individual drills then you had to plan out the time vs who to get work to.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 08-07-2014, 10:15 PM   #111
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

The inability to customize draft classes (like NBA 2K) might be a deal breaker for me. I'm much more motivated to play a 2nd season in any sports game when I can have more realistic draft classes. EA knows that a lot of gamers want that feature. Yet we still don't have it. Disappointing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2014, 02:30 AM   #112
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
To each their own on the last question.

Yeah, you do seem to keep bringing this removing and readding features into threads? Last Novembers interview with Rex Dickson said they aren't doing that.

Maybe refining and redesigning, but I'm not sure where we are seeing removing of features from last year to this year??
It is not a year to year basis. Madden's franchise mode is still playing catch up to what the franchise mode used to be like before they made the jump from PS2/XBOX to PS3/360.
Free agents now choose where they want to play based on factors besides money? It use to be that way back in Madden 07
Relocating teams? Please, I had more options when I was playing Madden on my ps2. At least with that I could design the uniforms to how I wanted them.
Madden 12, the ability to edit rosters in dynasty... That option was taken away.
Turning off relocation... that was in last years game

What happened to customization in Franchise mode? I paid the $60, let me do what I want to in my dynasty.

Overall I am impressed with the improvement, but don't spoon food me old features as "new". I've been playing since 1995, I've grown up with the game. All I want is to see the game progress, as opposed to take features out every year for some lame reason like, "It won't work with the storyline."

EA I have seen what you are capable of, and i know you can do more than just give us a confidence rating, game prep, and random draft classes in a 12 month span.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »