Home

Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Videos - Day 1

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Videos - Day 1 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2014, 06:06 PM   #401
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdot23
It's never going to be perfect or to where would like it to be in terms of team authenticity playbook wise. I understand the concept of blocking, I also mentioned it looked from a visual standpoint to be much better than prior Madden installments. Obviously if it's a three man rush and the oline is double teaming two d lineman you will have a couple LB's and the Safety free'd up to rush the back on a toss... So it also boils down to play calling as well. One will offset the other. That's why it's called strategy. Now if the run block scheme is set up so that the oline does exactly the same thing on each and every play than yea I agree to some stand point that it's hybrid... But please tell me how many of the teams in the NFL are willing to give away their signature play books, block schemes or any plays for that matter for any authenticity for a Madden video game. I know you are craving sim football... I am as well... But realistically asking for proper authentic season used playbooks and schemes for each team is a far fetched dream. Sorry to bust your bubble, but we have to settle for the across the board block schemes that Madden presents, unless we can create our own defensive and blocking schemes according to our knowledge. Believe me, I hate the line play in Madden, that along with the jumping LB's has always been a game killer for me, but it is what it is... It's a video game striving to be as authentic as it possibly can be. Madden is a long way from being perfect, but until we actually sit and play the game ourselves we have to base the game of video gameplay. I would love in a perfect world authentic team playbooks, but c'mon... What team is going to give away their playbook?!?! Offensive or defensive?!? It's generic and standard, classic offensive and defensive schemes used for years in Madden games. Bottom line. The line play hopefully will improve where there are less break downs and an allowance for time in the pocket. I'll be happy knowing... It's just a video game, it's the only football game... And we as gamers have to make the best of it as much as we disapprove with development.
For starters, who asked for complete authentic playbooks?? Are you thick? The NFL would be STUPID to do that. Never said that once. So, in your estimation, the only way to have actual O-line schemes or some basic semblance of a team's tendencies along with proper technique and fundamentals is to have the actual playbooks??? Another thing, What the hell are you talking about??? 3 man rush??? Who said it was that and even if it were, thats even worse. What you just described fits in a passing situation. Do you not understand run blocking?? Zone vs man blocking?? Basic stuff. Bottomline is the game will never be what the sim community wants because there are more casual gamers than people with a true football knowledge base. So if I were EA, I would NEVER make the game sim. The money is found with the casual crowd. Thanks for making that even clearer than it already was.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2014, 12:28 AM   #402
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Videos - Day 1

The tone of this conversation needs to change, guys
Old 08-19-2014, 02:54 AM   #403
Pro

Mr_Riddick's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Videos - Day 1

http://youtu.be/wbKXxXWcFEc

Most of all ths trouble areas have been worked on. Just look at the footplanting from Ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »