Home

Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Videos - Day 1

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Videos - Day 1 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2014, 01:35 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 7
So I wonder if we can control all 32 teams during Connected Franchise? I couldn't gather anything by watching the CFM video. If I see the CPU make a crappy roster move, can I go over and change it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 01:36 PM   #66
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
That first video (Giants v Cowboys) is 360/PS3 footage right? Doesn't look nearly as good visually as the other videos.
Old 08-14-2014, 01:37 PM   #67
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Videos - Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulChildres
Very interesting. Not sure how I feel about this LOL

In the last video, during the NFL draft, the first round first pick projected is a CB. Well he is still on the boards at pick #9.

So does that mean teams 1-8 didn't need a CB? I'm afraid this is another sign of not drafting for team needs by the CPU. It also would mean they aren't even taking the best player available. I just don't know if we'll ever see a NFL draft where the #1 projected pick last 9 selections. I can see in the top 5 (kind of like the Mario Williams/Reggie Bush draft) but not dropping to pick #9!
So you are confident those teams all needed CB's? Johnny Manziel was projected by many to be a top 5 pick this year, he fell to number 22. I am not saying draft logic is fixed but we need a lot more information before we can make any judgements. Such as what other team needs those players had. If those teams needed a LT or QB and there was top 8 talent there, those positions are a lot more important than a CB regardless of how high he is ranked.
Old 08-14-2014, 01:42 PM   #68
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Pats and Jets... Graphics look amazing. Interactions look better, but still way too fast. Saw some nice tackles and some of the same. Still very bothered by the "inaccurate pass" feature. Geno Smith is not the world's most accurate guy. Yet, all but one pass. All but one, was thrown directly to players. One pass hit the ground in the entire half. I guess I misunderstood what they meant with the QB accuracy system, because everything I see still looks exactly like Madden 25. The only difference is that the receiver will reach for it, which is cool I guess.

Maybe I am misunderstanding inaccurate passing.
I think people in general misunderstand inaccurate passing. If you look at PFF's accuracy % stat (which takes out defended passes, tipped passes at the line, interceptions, drops and throwaways) the lowest percentage is still around 70. So two inaccurate passes for every ten passes is about right, and what we're seeing is about one every video but we're only really seeing a minute of action.
Old 08-14-2014, 01:42 PM   #69
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Did they fix the season stats page? Looks like it from this pic and when Bortles runs out it shows 0's for stats and video of him with Goodell
Attachment 80642
This was a play now game, correct. The video the stream showing overalls was in CFM. If this is what you are referring to. I don't like the overalls being used in game 1of a season and I'm not a fan of 0's either.
Old 08-14-2014, 01:45 PM   #70
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

And, just watched the Eagles vs Redskins. Better gameplay overall than the Boys/Skins game, but still, once again, we see the EXACT same cpu throw by Foles as we do by Romo. Running one way, throwing across his body deep (or maybe, medium, in this case, but still WAY too far to even attempt this type of throw in real life), and we get an instant int. Now, I'm not saying this throw didn't deserve to be intercepted, because it did. But, I was hoping for the cpu qb ai to be at the point of throwing the ball better, and here is a case where qb inaccuracy REALLY needs to take effect and/or madden needs to do a better job. Based on Foles and Romo's body positioning/momentum/etc, both of these balls need to be thrown out of bounds. Nobody in the nfl is trying to make these throws. So, overall, I still want to see more inaccuracy. In fact, here again, BOTH of these throws are actually ridiculously accurate to the point of they made it to a spot where the WR could catch it if the defender didn't intercept it. Once again, i hope i can tweak this out with sliders, but based on the madden advertising of qb inaccuracy, i'm already seeing it as being a somewhat failure. I hope for madden 16, they expand upon this inaccuracy notion and add the phrase, "when under duress, the qb will now get rid of the ball when appropriate. And, while under duress and/or if the coverage is tight on the WR, a quality qb will now throw to a SPOT where only the WR can catch it. This may result in throwing the ball out of bounds as NO throw would be catchable based on the coverage at the time of the throw. But, ultimately the qb will now throw to a SPOT on the field where NO defender will catch it." This is the improvement I want to see in the qb ai. Throw to a SPOT. Don't throw it to where your WR might catch it, throw it to a SPOT where NO defender can catch it. Then, u will see swats, incomplete throws out of bounds, spectacular catches, etc.
Old 08-14-2014, 01:45 PM   #71
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
This was a play now game, correct. The video the stream showing overalls was in CFM. If this is what you are referring to. I don't like the overalls being used in game 1of a season and I'm not a fan of 0's either.
Therein lies the problem if you use stats what do you show for rookies?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 01:46 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retropyro
That first video (Giants v Cowboys) is 360/PS3 footage right? Doesn't look nearly as good visually as the other videos.
Dude, PS3/360 footage will never been shown promotionally again. Especially pre release, EA showcases current gen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »