Home

Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2014, 09:21 AM   #241
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats

I haven't played Madden on day 1 since Madden 10. Outside of purchasing 11 cheap on Ebay and playing for about 10 hours, I have been away from it. I was wanting to purchase a PS4 and Madden, but after reading this thread I just can't. I guess it is back to my pc and hopefully this gets patched/fixed and I can jump in....really was in the mood for some football.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 09:26 AM   #242
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by juice
I wonder how they progress after more than one season though? I'm ok with minor ratings boosts/regression from year to year. We shouldn't have 100 90+ rated players like years past. Finally some parity in the league.
Yea me too. Age plays a huge part in the regression as well. I don't have an issue with Brady regressing. He's what...32 now? He's regressed in real life too.

In fact the only QB that's over 30 that hasn't regressed is Peyton Manning. Even Drew Brees has regressed some.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:31 AM   #243
Rookie

OVR: 4

Has anyone tried changing the coaching schemes within CFM and doing a simulation? I know in past versions of Madden adjusting the Pass vs Run slider and RB1 vs RB2 slider had an affect on simulated stats.

-Jim Valvano
Old 08-22-2014, 09:39 AM   #244
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt3177
Has anyone tried changing the coaching schemes within CFM and doing a simulation? I know in past versions of Madden adjusting the Pass vs Run slider and RB1 vs RB2 slider had an affect on simulated stats.
In the Retail Q/A thread, Skyboxer said he adjusted the run vs pass schemes as well as sliders and it didn't have any effect.

My guess is, the QB stats issue is because of the game prep confidence aspect. Once a CPU QB starts doing poorly and their confidence drops, they don't recover well and it affects their stats the rest of the year.

I wish we could turn off the Confidence aspect of the game. I'm pretty sure this would fix the issue. Not sure if EA will even attempt to patch this or not.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:46 AM   #245
Rookie

troy184's Arena

OVR: 2

Thanks to this issue EA just lost a 20+ year customer. I will not be buying this game until it is patched or there is a work-around posted on this forum
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 10:02 AM   #246
MVP

I'm a huge CFM guy, but I can't let this ruin the game for me. It is a disappointment, but the game looks really good. I'm quite confident they will at least attempt to fix it.

Has there been any public confirmation that they are working on the problem?
Old 08-22-2014, 10:14 AM   #247
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
I'm a huge CFM guy, but I can't let this ruin the game for me. It is a disappointment, but the game looks really good. I'm quite confident they will at least attempt to fix it.

I think they will try to fix it too. The problem seems to be caused by the confidence which is a new feature in M15 so i don't think they'd let a brand new feature sit broken in a major game mode.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:28 AM   #248
Rookie

crenk's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP

it is dead quiet on their end. No idea if you can read into that either way. Would be nice for them to tweet out a we hear you and are working on it but my guess is they dont know they can fix it. You have to think that they shipped this knowing it was broken. They do test the product and if any devs are football fans they saw this right away but simply couldnt get humpty dumpty back together again when they started tinkering.

I hear what you are saying about not letting it ruin the game and some out there say that it is crazy to not buy the game since the on the field stuff has improved so much. But as a CFM player it kills the reality. I dont play "play it now" modes because they are not part of a larger world. A game or two or ten may be fun to play but I am not gonna sit down and play hundreds of random games against the computer.

Its the same way that I dont just watch one or two or ten NFL games a year. Like most NFL fans we watch all of our teams games plus as many others as possible because your team/each game is part of this larger universe, full of story lines and season long competition. When EA focuses on the online world to the neglect of the offline universe they kill it for players like me.

When stats are broken and progression unrealistic they destroy that immersion that makes it fun in the long term. I am sure I would enjoy playing the actual game with some buddies for the 5-6 times a year we would play but it just doesnt justify shelling out my 60$. and since I dont have a a ps4 yet it certainly doesnt justify 400$.

End Rant

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »