Home

Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2014, 08:38 AM   #233
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I bet the problem with the sim stats is in fact the game prep functionality with the confidence rating. If a QB does poorly after a few games, his confidence drops and because of that depending on the team they're playing against, they never recover.

It's not like us where we can actually work on that QB's confidence rating to get it back up. I'm not even sure the CPU is doing this so that QB continues to play poorly each game which in turn is affecting the sim stats.

I can almost bet this is why Peyton only threw for 13 TD's in one simmed year. (not sure if they said he get injured or not though)

There has to be a workaround for this.
I agree. When i heard them mention that confidence will affect sim stats (in the cfm preview video) alarm bells went off. I just knew this was going to cause some kind of problem and here it is.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:41 AM   #234
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
I agree. When i heard them mention that confidence will affect sim stats (in the cfm preview video) alarm bells went off. I just knew this was going to cause some kind of problem and here it is.
And honestly, it wouldn't be a huge deal if all QB's sim stats were "lower than normal", but the problem is it's affecting their progression and that's a gamebreaker for alot of people.

I'm actually thinking of whether or not I can live with this issue and am wondering if some kind of slider can alleviate this problem. If I have to control all 32 teams and make sure their QB's have their confidence up, then I may do that. Ugh, what a pain that is though.

Last edited by extremeskins04; 08-22-2014 at 08:46 AM.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:57 AM   #235
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Madden's CFM experience lacks the depth and overall fun for me to go through all the trouble. I'll just wait for patch 2 or 3 and hopefully they do something by then. along with whatever else will need to be patched. starting a CFM/doing sliders and then they patch the game a few times and you have to start from scratch each time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 08:58 AM   #236
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Well, between this and CW Sapp's thread, my excitement for this game has completely deflated. Hopefully they eventually find a fix for it and I can pick the game up on the cheap by that point, but I'm definitely not buying it for now. First time in probably 6 or 7 years.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-22-2014, 09:03 AM   #237
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Well, between this and CW Sapp's thread, my excitement for this game has completely deflated. Hopefully they eventually find a fix for it and I can pick the game up on the cheap by that point, but I'm definitely not buying it for now. First time in probably 6 or 7 years.
Me too. Ive decided to wait if/when this gets patched. First time i won't be getting madden day one in five years. It would just be collecting dust anyways since I'm strictly an offline cfm guy.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:07 AM   #238
Banned

PatsSB2015's Arena

OVR: 0

See, this is why people want XP and all the gimmicks an opition to turn on and off because they always get screwy. I liked how it was before all that silliness.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:18 AM   #239
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyclaps

Some other very worrying things for CFM offline fans....

The following QB's regressed or stayed the same after 1 simulated season:

Bortles, Jay Cutler, EJ Manuel, Geno Smith, Cam Newton (AWR went down 11 pts), Tom Brady (DRAMATICALLY regressed - all sub 80 accuracy), Brees, Big Ben (same as Brady, dramatically regressed), Rivers (same as Brady, Ben).

I can't really find any good QB's after 1 season....Luck improved slightly (Med accuracy went up like 6 pts, but Deep ACC went down a few).

This is not good...

I wonder how they progress after more than one season though? I'm ok with minor ratings boosts/regression from year to year. We shouldn't have 100 90+ rated players like years past. Finally some parity in the league.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:21 AM   #240
MVP

OVR: 12

Looks like another year of hoping/waiting for patches/tuners. Playing one year CFM's or random Play Now games. Not having a finished product until 6 weeks after release and being burnt out on the whole experience and moving on to basketball games.

I'm a stat guy and a draft guy, so the current direction of the CFM isn't really my cup of tea anyway. Makes me miss NCAA even more. They finally got the off season recruiting to a point where it was really good and fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »