Home

Playing with kids?

This is a discussion on Playing with kids? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2014, 07:29 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Playing with kids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I started my 5 year old just watching. Eventually I would let him run the ball when I was up vs the CPU. Then I would play co-op with him. Finally I set him playing vs the CPU on rookie. He actually can play on pro (on madden 25).

He also plays it on the ipad. He's better on that than me.

Overall he's really good at video games in general. He's beaten Lego Batman and Avengers and Transformers Fall of Cybertron (just to name a few) without my help.
I started playing Tecmo Bowl at 5. That's still a perfect football game for kids.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:32 AM   #18
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
I started playing Tecmo Bowl at 5. That's still a perfect football game for kids.
It was and still is one of my favorite video games of all time (sports or non sports). It was simple to pick up yet challenging late in the season. The games were quick but had good stats. Also had real players, season mode and stat tracking.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:39 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
It was and still is one of my favorite video games of all time (sports or non sports). It was simple to pick up yet challenging late in the season. The games were quick but had good stats. Also had real players, season mode and stat tracking.
Later on , alot of those Joe Montana games were really good too.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:41 AM   #20
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
Later on , alot of those Joe Montana games were really good too.
Yes. I played that too on Sega Genesis, but kept playing Tecmo as well. Montana didn't have the staying power as tecmo bowl though. I enjoyed Montana but after a few years never touched it again. I think the one with him as a chief was the best.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:56 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

So the problem with handicapping is then they talk crap everytime they do something good...

My 8 year old started playing with me last year. We started with the skills trainers. Then had him start at Pro Level, I was on All-Madden. I still don't "let" him win, but at least he is able to feel like he is having some control. However, when he discovered I was doing that he got ticked off, and we now play each other on All-Pro. He doesn't win a lot, but feels really good for both of us as he makes progress.

When he plays on his own, he likes to play Ultimate Team with the Solo Challenges. It lets him progress through the rankings a bit with some easier games first and progressing to harder games, and he loves the in game reward s for completing challenges.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »