Home

Have Penalties always been broken?

This is a discussion on Have Penalties always been broken? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2014, 10:09 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Have Penalties always been broken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
In an interview with Rex and Clint last November, Rex mentioned they are a year or two away to get PI working. Sounds like DPI will be worked in when wr/db animations are added to the game.
How is this possible? It worked 10 years ago, how is it that of all the sports games that come out Madden is the one that seems to regress every year just so they can squeeze in some half baked wet fart features.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:20 AM   #18
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

we'll i played 2 games so far and only thing i have seen called is false start and that's only been on the cmp...and yet again my wr's are getting mugged out there and no flags.

I'd hate to bump them because then it seems if like in previous yrs every other play a flags thrown... rather it be clipping,holding, face mask etc.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:23 AM   #19
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Same as it ever was'd.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:18 AM   #20
Rookie

Darkeus's Arena

OVR: 5

Yeah, unfortunately you do have to up the sliders. You are not going to get penalties called on anything else. And yeah, except for face mask. That slider works TOO well.

You know, what is so hard about the penalties? I remember when they used to work very well.

The Scarlet and Grey, best team in the land!
Old 08-26-2014, 11:28 AM   #21
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
we'll i played 2 games so far and only thing i have seen called is false start and that's only been on the cmp...and yet again my wr's are getting mugged out there and no flags.

I'd hate to bump them because then it seems if like in previous yrs every other play a flags thrown... rather it be clipping,holding, face mask etc.

Ok, so I just have to say that when I read this I thought it said your "wife was getting mugged out there" at first. LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 11:36 AM   #22
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

M15 is not like previous years, they nerfed the penalties even more from M25. I play 15 minute quarters with runoff down at 12 secs and with holding at 95 there was one call all game, on the CPU.

Just watch out for the facemask slider that is the one that is still sensitive.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:47 AM   #23
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
looks like they didn't fix DPI..... just played a game against cmp threw ball the defender laided out my wr while ball was still in air nothing called... looks like another long yr if u play online of ppl tackling your wr and not getting flagged.
There's nothing I hate more than that. I haven't seen the CPU actually lay out my WR with a hit, but often times, especially if I'm throwing an ill advised post route, right as my WR breaks, and the DB who's playing in a zone a bit off, just charges forward the instant I throw and just runs in front of my WR (who of course isn't trying to make a play on the ball), the DB actually hits my WR, impeeding his course (although his run animation continues, he just doesn't move) and the DB makes the INT. I'd LOVE to see DPI call there, I'd love to see the WR actually go into an animation to acknowledge that contact has been made as well. However, there's never a flag, and its almost always an INT. I saw it several times in the early release.

I didn't mess with sliders during the early release, just because there wasnt enough time, I just wanted to play, you bet though, once I get home from work tonight, that DPI slider is going up, and I'm going to throw that pass all night until it gets called. I hope.

I have seen more penalties in the game's early release though than I did in previous versions. Still not enough though, but again, I'm hoping sliders will help that.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:08 PM   #24
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardown
M15 is not like previous years, they nerfed the penalties even more from M25. I play 15 minute quarters with runoff down at 12 secs and with holding at 95 there was one call all game, on the CPU.

Just watch out for the facemask slider that is the one that is still sensitive.
So now it's even worse than it was last year? Is that what you're saying?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »