Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-28-2014, 12:48 AM   #393
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

No trolling here. These are my true impressions. I play on all madden. Ryan tannehill was 18 of 19 for 302 yds and Lamar miller was the second coming of Walter Payton with multiple 70+ yd TD runs. Chris Johnson got walked by DT. Yea I understand the reviews were good and I was so ready for Aug 26th. After 2 days I'm done. I'm not the only one that feels this way. If u enjoy the game congrats I dont . hag1
Old 08-28-2014, 12:52 AM   #394
MVP

Hockeynut99's Arena

M mmm on allpro I had broken tackles.
Old 08-28-2014, 12:53 AM   #395
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt8732
No trolling here. These are my true impressions. I play on all madden. Ryan tannehill was 18 of 19 for 302 yds and Lamar miller was the second coming of Walter Payton with multiple 70+ yd TD runs. Chris Johnson got walked by DT. Yea I understand the reviews were good and I was so ready for Aug 26th. After 2 days I'm done. I'm not the only one that feels this way. If u enjoy the game congrats I dont . hag1
So it's the game's fault you don't change difficulty etc..??
Not to mention "After 2 days I'm done"
Ok bye...

Ignore list.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 01:05 AM   #396
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Anybody else seem to be getting caught from behind on counters behind the LOS ? Maybe because it was just Montae Ball. Happened to me 5 times in this last game with 0 speed threshold. I also noticed I kept getting tackled for a lost on HB screens to him as well. Now that I think about it, I had a WR caught from behind as well, even though he was wide open because the DB dove for the swat and missed. I thought for sure that would have been a TD, but nope, AJ Hawk chased me down from behind, when I caught the ball 20 yards down field. How he catch up to me from that distance is beyond me, but he did it within me running 6 yards down the field.

I also noticed in this past game, the CPU seems to know what defense you are calling. I find it odd every time I tried to call an overload blitz, they stacked 3 WRs on that side, every time.

Also IMO the QB needs to keep rolling out on roll out plays. Instead they roll out until they make it to the edge of the pocket and just stand there. Which leads to too many unnecessary sacks by the CPU QB.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:07 AM   #397
Rookie

Hey they asked for impressions so I gave them. If u don't agree kool but I'm not the only person saying this stuff. I've never played on anything other than all madden in like 20 years so why should I have to change now. I understand it is not supposed to be easy but this year takes the cake. Good gaming everyone and enjoy
Old 08-28-2014, 01:15 AM   #398
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Anybody else seem to be getting caught from behind on counters behind the LOS ? Maybe because it was just Montae Ball. Happened to me 5 times in this last game with 0 speed threshold. I also noticed I kept getting tackled for a lost on HB screens to him as well. Now that I think about it, I had a WR caught from behind as well, even though he was wide open because the DB dove for the swat and missed. I thought for sure that would have been a TD, but nope, AJ Hawk chased me down from behind, when I caught the ball 20 yards down field. How he catch up to me from that distance is beyond me, but he did it within me running 6 yards down the field.

I also noticed in this past game, the CPU seems to know what defense you are calling. I find it odd every time I tried to call an overload blitz, they stacked 3 WRs on that side, every time.

Also IMO the QB needs to keep rolling out on roll out plays. Instead they roll out until they make it to the edge of the pocket and just stand there. Which leads to too many unnecessary sacks by the CPU QB.
I've had some where I was but not a lot. I've played almost exclusively with Skins and their line isn't the best.
Overall I know what you're talking about though. I lowered CPU pass reaction down (as well as user some) and that helped with the screens. I try to keep coverage a decent number but felt the reaction slider on screens etc.. is crucial to get fair results.
Hopefully EA gets some tune files out so the QB's will not hold onto the ball and like you said roll out all the way.
I have seen some do a full roll though//well a rol then slide step..slide step..etc.. (and in a game earlier today there wasn't anyone open and he ran in for the score)

I love how each player feels different. When Helu/Royster etc.. comes in to give Morris a break he has no problem getting caught from behind. So I'm just taking it that some backs are more suited to certain types of play calls etc..
This is a good thing to worry about finally in a FB game lol

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 08-28-2014, 01:54 AM   #399
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

HOOOOOOOOOLY CRAP. There are way too many sacks. And when I say way too many, I mean, default, All-Pro, using the Buffalo Bills against the Chicago Bears, I got 6 sacks in the first quarter, en route to 18 for the total game. Dareus and Williams had 5 apiece. What the hell?! Despite that, Cutler finished 36-40 388yd 2TD 1 INT and managed to avoid injury. Not sure how that makes sense. And when he wasn't firing lasers all day despite getting his *** kicked, he was running around like an IDIOT, waiting and begging to be sacked, fumbling twice. The QB AI is as bad as its ever been. Couple that with an overpowered d-line, you have a recipe for stupidity. I've never been so unhappy beating the crap out of an opponent in a video game! The best (or worst) part is, when I went to exit the game when it was over, after I selected Yes, the game froze. And therefore, the game never happened. Wow. So I could have saved myself the time and not finished the game and just restarted after getting 6 sacks in one quarter, but I didn't...and ended up getting burned.

For whatever reason, once again we can't change sliders in game, even though we were able to do so for years. I really hate that. If I'm doing an offline franchise by myself, why the hell shouldn't I be able to edit players during a season or change sliders in game? Makes no sense. Whose game experience would my being able to do so change, other than mine?

So yeah. First impressions? Not so good, then.

Last edited by FedExPope; 08-28-2014 at 01:59 AM.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:32 AM   #400
Rookie

titit32000's Arena

I never really complain about madden in all the years that I played madden, but madden 15 is driving me crazy with the stats and the owner funds in CC. I always use MN Vikings for my Career mode and I'm getting negative funds after the pre season on my first year and at the end of the season I'm at negative 8 mil. I can't resign players and cant't sign free agents.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »