Home

How's your Connected Franchise going? - Madden 15 Editon

This is a discussion on How's your Connected Franchise going? - Madden 15 Editon within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2014, 01:19 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How's your Connected Franchise going? - Madden 15 Editon

Started my Eagles franchise last night as a new owner. Played through 3 pre-season games and I basically got whupped 2 out of the 3. IIRC I lost to the Bears 33-7, the Pats 27-24 (last second FG) and the Steelers 27-10. I'm playing All-Pro. To be fair, I haven't been a "serious" Madden player in years and I skipped last year's release. But I'm having a hell of a time throwing too many interceptions.. proper ball placement seems really, really hard (especially with Barkley/Sanchez). Any tips?

Also, in the pre-season - the CPU automatically puts in the second stringers after the 1st Q. One thing I noticed is that my two HB's (McCoy & Sproles) are erroneously added to the WR depth chart when I have other backup WRs available. Seems like a bug, but I figured it's worth mentioning.

Last edited by FillyP; 08-27-2014 at 01:22 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:28 PM   #74
Rookie

Started one with me as the Broncos and my brother as the Steelers. However I really want to start a rebuilding project and stay in this CFM for awhile.

Was thinking of rebuilding either the Jags or Vikings with their new rookie prospects. Any idea on which one I should choose? Or maybe another team I should try that isn't the Browns?

Besides that my Broncos are 3-1 losing to the Seahawks. Just beat the Jets barely by 28-21 in OT. My brothers Steelers are 4-1 losing to the Bucs which was surprising.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:05 PM   #75
Banned

TheSaints7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menace8
Started one with me as the Broncos and my brother as the Steelers. However I really want to start a rebuilding project and stay in this CFM for awhile.

Was thinking of rebuilding either the Jags or Vikings with their new rookie prospects. Any idea on which one I should choose? Or maybe another team I should try that isn't the Browns?

Besides that my Broncos are 3-1 losing to the Seahawks. Just beat the Jets barely by 28-21 in OT. My brothers Steelers are 4-1 losing to the Bucs which was surprising.
I think the Steelers have a very good team in Madden 15. Maybe a few additions here and there but overall a solid squad. Are you moving the ball well with Denver? How is their Offense?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 03:12 PM   #76
Rookie

Whats going on guys just giving you all an update on my Packer Franchise. Just finished the first preseason game against the Titans (Check the playlist to watch the game) and now I am getting set to face the Rams in the 2nd preseason games. I am only recording both games because I know people like the regular season. But here it is. Click the link below to watch the game!

Preseason Week 2
Packers vs Rams
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFeB...xoJftc&index=2
Old 08-27-2014, 03:33 PM   #77
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaints7
I think the Steelers have a very good team in Madden 15. Maybe a few additions here and there but overall a solid squad. Are you moving the ball well with Denver? How is their Offense?
It's taking me awhile to get use the new feel but our passing game is great. Manning is 4th in the League this season for passing at 1,277 yards. The running hasn't been great. Don't know if it's me or Ball but something isn't clicking.

You're right about the Steelers alright. The defense for the Steelers has been great. The offense has been decent. Bell is a monster when it comes to running. Big Ben is pretty accurate with minimum interceptions.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:36 PM   #78
Rookie

Got off work finally last night at 5 and booted up the game for the first time. I jumped right into connected franchise before going to anything else. I choose the Titans as my team(Longtime fan). I knew the Titans would be a bit of a challenge to which would make this very enjoyable.

Before playing week 1, I started looking at the roster and seen some vastly overpaid bench players who I didn't need on the team just taking up cap room. I also made a couple of trades:

Traded Wesley Woodyard(MLB) & Michael Griffin to the Redskins for Kirk Cousins(76 ovr), RB Roy Helu Jr.(77 ovr), & TE Niles Paul(67 ovr).

Traded Nate Washington to the Ravens for Tyrod Taylor & a 6th round pick.

Traded Charlie Whitehurst & Shone Greene to the Lions for Dejon Gomes(FS) & a 6th round pick.

Traded Delanie Walker, Bernard Pollard & 2016 2nd round pick to Oakland for there 2015 1st round pick.

I also cut:

Derek Hagan(WR)
Craig Stevens(TE)
Jackie Battle(RB)
Ropati Pitoitua(DE)
Patrick Bailey(LB)
Maiken Bonadi(K)

I signed:

Larry Asante(FS)
Rob Bironas(K)
Santonio Holmes(WR)
Quincy Enunwa(WR)
Some other WR with 66 overall but excellent speed and potential.

Open Competitions:

QB: Kirk Cousins will compete with Jake Locker & Tyrod Taylor for the starting job. It is thought that Locker has the advantage knowing the offense.

RB: Rookie Bishop Sankey will battle Roy Helu Jr, & Leon Washington for snaps in the backfield. There is no clear cut player with an advantage between the three.

WR: With Nate Washington traded, Justin Hunter & Kendall Wright should expect an increase in balls thrown their direction. Newly signed Santonio Holmes should make an impact. Quincy Enunwa & Marc Mariani are the favorites to battle for the 4th WR spot.

TE: Niles Paul will attempt to unseat Taylor Thompson as the starting TE. Both are still young and should expect equal playing time throughout the preseason.

S: The Titans traded away their veteran safety in Michael Griffin, but shouldn't expect much of a dropoff in productivity. They traded for Dejon Gomes, signed Larry Asante, & still have fellow safetys Daimion Stafford & George Wilson who could easily slide into these two safety spots.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I played week 1 of the preseason against the Packers & lost 35-23.

GB Stand out players: Matt Flynn and Aaron Rodgers each threw hail mary passes that were caught at different times lol both by Randell Cobb. Aaron Rodgers also had an early touchdown pass to who else but Cobb. Rodgers played only the first quarter, with Flynn taking over the other 3. The Packers running game wasn't one to write home about rushing for a total of 86 yards on 28 attempts between Lacy & Starks.

Titan Postion Competitions:

QB:

Jake Locker(started the game and was injured on the second play from scrimmage,returned in 4th) 8/15 for 129 yards, 1 touchdown & 1 interception.

Kirk Cousins(1.5 quarters) 5/9 for 87 yards. 0 TD/2 int

Tyrod Taylor(1.5 quarters) 8/10 for 145 yards, 6 rushes for 52 yards 2 rush TD's

Advantage: Taylor for being the only QB to not turn the ball over. Also very accurate, kept drive alive with feet.

RB:

Bishop Sankey: 5 rushes, 22 yards.
Roy Helu Jr: 8 rushes, 42 yards.
Leon Washington: 7 rushes, 29 yards

Advantage: None

WR:

Santonio Holmes: 0 catches, 2 targets
Quincy Enunwa: 5 catches, 62 yards
Marc Mariani: 4 catches, 48 yards

Advantage: None

TE:

Niles Paul: 7 catches, 91 yards, TD
Taylor Thompson: 4 catches, 42 yards.

Advantage: Paul

S:

Dejon Gomes: 12 tackles, 2 TFL
Larry Asante: 3 tackles
Daimion Stafford:2 tackles
George Wilson: 3 tackles

Advantage: Gomes was all over the place in this game.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:00 PM   #79
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Using the Bucs I went 2-2 preseason. And now 1-1 after the first two games. Seeing way too many crazy cpu INTs on all-pro.

Old 08-27-2014, 05:00 PM   #80
Pro

VinnyVegas28's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FillyP
Started my Eagles franchise last night as a new owner. Played through 3 pre-season games and I basically got whupped 2 out of the 3. IIRC I lost to the Bears 33-7, the Pats 27-24 (last second FG) and the Steelers 27-10. I'm playing All-Pro. To be fair, I haven't been a "serious" Madden player in years and I skipped last year's release. But I'm having a hell of a time throwing too many interceptions.. proper ball placement seems really, really hard (especially with Barkley/Sanchez). Any tips?

Also, in the pre-season - the CPU automatically puts in the second stringers after the 1st Q. One thing I noticed is that my two HB's (McCoy & Sproles) are erroneously added to the WR depth chart when I have other backup WRs available. Seems like a bug, but I figured it's worth mentioning.
This year is definately challenging. I would recommend spending some time with skills trainer. If you can anticipate what coverage the defense is in pre snap, you have a good chance of knowing exactly where to go with the ball. And utilize the mismatches. Change up your trajectory on the pass, sometimes through a touch lob and sometimes bullet pass. Keep the D guessing. Also, if you can establish the run and draw an extra safety into the box, go deep down field! Hope that helps! ...Go EAGLES!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »