Home

Can't resign players due to lack of available funds?

This is a discussion on Can't resign players due to lack of available funds? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2015, 10:52 PM   #769
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Can't resign players due to lack of available funds?

Im playing as bills I decided to trade Mario williams and released Orton. I want to resign Hughes and dareus so they had to go. Week 12 i got 29 million so it made a difference.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:33 AM   #770
Just started!

OVR: 0

I can show you guys how to get any player that's in the bidding war, my game tag is Iamjinesis on ps4
Old 02-25-2015, 11:31 AM   #771
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4

so we started a CCM last fall and I was the 49ers, nothing special there. finished the season losing in the NFC championship to the cowboys.

retired from the 49ers GM job because I actuallycan't stand them.

our season got put on pause until 2 weeks ago. I signed on as the St.Louis Rams GM with the intention of relocating them to LA. start the off season with just enough cash to get through FA. sign my draft picks and we start the season at -5mil after the draft pick contracts. ok not a big deal should be able to make that up soon...

except I go to look at my schedule and it goes like this:
away, away,away,away,bye,home,away, away, home,
away,home,away,home,home,home,home, home

so basically I start the season in a -5mil hole and for 4 straight weeks I lose about $6mil each week in revenue, the bye week I only lose $4mil for some reason, then my home game I earn back about just under $2mil. so for every away game I lose $6mil and each home game I gain $2mil. this wouldn't be so terribly bad if it were spread out over the year but now we are in week 12 and I'm -32mil in the hole and can't even think about negotiations with any of my players. with Madden's completely incompetent schedule making, I've been buried before I even had a chance to work with the team. now in the last 5 home games, I'll be digging myself back out from complete disaster at -30 to probably -20ish million.

because of this and the fact that I only had 1 game before the trade-deadline, I dumped Sam Bradford to a team that needed a QB and a LG that was heavy on my books. I've freed up cap space and I'd imagine at the end of the season, the money that would be tied up to Bradfords giant contract will come off my available funds books since I won't be paying him anymore...

there are a lot of broken factors that are waying my team down but the scheduling destined me to failure from preseason week 1... now I don't know if I can relocate at the end of the season and I'll be bummed at that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2015, 12:03 PM   #772
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4

so is there no way to actually get yourself out of the red without getting fired when the system is broke?

as I posted above, I started the season in the red when I took over the Rams. after a draft class I was about -5 mil. because the pathetic scheduling put me away for the first half of the season, I was bleeding cash.

unloading cap hogs through the season and even dumped my first round pick which is going to be the #4 overall pick.

going into the conference championship week(I don't have games obviously) but I figure by the off-season I should have -10 million or so.

I want to relocate the team now that we are in the off-season but that means I won't be able to sign an FAs to cover the players I'm losing, I won't really be able to afford my draft picks and then I'll have to suffer through the first 4-5 weeks of the season as I go through the relocation selection process...

after I'm completely done with the relocation selections I guess my only recourse is to retire as owner and go into coach mode. I currently have 80mil in cap space... just sucks that the owner funds are broken.
Old 03-11-2015, 03:28 PM   #773
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

I started owner mode with the Jags and this is what I did.

1. I cut all my dead weight and pretty much anyone that had a huge contract and wasn't atleast an 80 overall player they were gone as long as there wasn't a huge penalty.

2. I went into my finances and adjust all ticket prices and lowered every one of them by one notch. Fans go crazy at how cheap everything is so they spend more and I make more money.

3. I pay particular attention to my finances. I was losing -1.5m for road games, but getting +4-5m for home games and gaining 1.2m or so for the bye week and offseason weeks.

By the end of my first year, I went from $7mil to $25mil and then it was over $30mil by the time my Draft started. I was smart about which guys I wanted to re-sign, and which guys I wanted to get through Free Agency.

I didn't go out and try to buy a guy that wanted like $20-30mil guaranteed because that would chew up all my funds and he wasn't going to win me a Super Bowl anyway.

I'm in my 4th year now and my funds are $70mil even after making a few mid-range FA moves. Remember you lose 10.5mil funds for your draft picks each year plus anyone you sign in FA that wants a bonus.

I've went from a 2-14 my first year, 0-16 my second year, 4-12 my 3rd year to 7-9 in my 4th year. It's rough playing Owner mode with the worst team in Madden. You pretty much have to rebuild the entire team. I'll probably be a .500 team or slightly above .500 by my 5th year but that's pretty realistic if you ask me.

I keep making money with my funds each year by not going crazy in FA and not really making huge stadium upgrades. My plan is to get $100mil in funds before I start doing a stadium upgrade that will bring me more cash like improving concessions, etc. Also, once I start winning more I'll raise ticket prices by one notch.

When I started this career as the Jags owner, I didn't expect to even make the playoffs for about 7-10 years. It's literally a horrible roster to work with except for a few of their LB's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »