Home

A MAJOR improvement to CFM Drafts

This is a discussion on A MAJOR improvement to CFM Drafts within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2014, 12:46 PM   #1
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12
A MAJOR improvement to CFM Drafts

I went ahead and simulated to the draft to see what the new random draft classes looked like and I was incredibly excited. They got it right, in fact it's perfect.

Players, even 7th rounders, LOOK like elite college players. They are fantastic and the most realistic yet.

No more 76 SPD/ACC Hbs, WRs, DBs. I went through EVERY rookie's ratings last night and saw none of the nonsense we saw the last few years. All of the players had physical ratings that made sense.

Players play recognition, route running skills, awareness, block shedding, etc, are now lower which makes MUCH more sense than lowering physical ratings to get them to those low rookie overalls. My 7th round CB had 93 SPD and 92 ACC but low Press, Play Rec, and AWR....that's how it should be.

Late round picks aren't slower than top picks, or less strong, or less quick. They aren't as smart or as skilled. They usually need more time to develop and learn than the top picks and Madden 15 perfectly mimics that. You can now realistically and reasonably draft a dude in the 4th-7th and develop him. In the past your 78 SPD, 82 ACC DB was never going to help you, now he can with time and effort.

These are the best classes we've had since the PS2 Xbox days.

One weird and slightly disappointing note, and I bet this change came from the NCAA/O'Bannon case; the players in the draft story lines no longer wear colors that represent their schools. Everyone has a black jersey and helmet on in their story line graphics on the dashboard. I assume EA is terrified of any chance a rookie resembles an actual college player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 12:55 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: A MAJOR improvement to CFM Drafts

Thanks for this.

How does everything else look? Any weird names? How does rookie equipment look?

I heard we can't change names or rankings. Do they at least look the part? No big elbow guards on running backs?
Old 08-28-2014, 01:09 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm really loving how good of a job the draft classes are looking. The naming looks good overall n players rating look very realistic.
Equipment wise pretty good, only thing I don't like is there helmet being set on a Revolution. So went n edited my rookies.

Last edited by JBoo2911; 08-28-2014 at 01:12 PM.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:14 PM   #4
Rookie

JoedicyMichael's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
One weird and slightly disappointing note, and I bet this change came from the NCAA/O'Bannon case; the players in the draft story lines no longer wear colors that represent their schools. Everyone has a black jersey and helmet on in their story line graphics on the dashboard. I assume EA is terrified of any chance a rookie resembles an actual college player.
Many school are pulling their licences out from up under EA so they might as well get prepared for the worst. I cant really blame them lol. It sucks, but oh well.

On a different note, can you SIM up to maybe 3/5/10 Years and see what the stats look like then? Great observation by the way
Old 08-28-2014, 01:38 PM   #5
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

I can't put my finger on it but drafted players just look different than regular players in game. I drafted a Wr in my bucs CCM and his shoulder pads just look off, even though the shoulder pad height and width is set to 0 they don't look like my other wrs pads. No big deal to me though just an observation
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 01:53 PM   #6
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
I can't put my finger on it but drafted players just look different than regular players in game. I drafted a Wr in my bucs CCM and his shoulder pads just look off, even though the shoulder pad height and width is set to 0 they don't look like my other wrs pads. No big deal to me though just an observation
Ugg.

I was worried the shoulder pads bug would return.

When they had "auto generated" UDFA's a couple years ago they would come out with screwy shoulder pad sizes even though it said "zero" in the edit window and you couldn't fix it.

There was also an issue with OL linemen having large bust sizes with skinny waste size... which made it look like some OL UDFA's had boobs.

Since all players are generated now I'm not surprised these bugs will return.

However if boobs and big shoulder pads is the worst of it... I will poop a gold brick. I'd bet all the tea in China more anomalies will be discovered.

The day EA adds a bug free feature I will poop a 2nd gold brick.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:08 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoedicyMichael
Many school are pulling their licences out from up under EA so they might as well get prepared for the worst. I cant really blame them lol. It sucks, but oh well.

On a different note, can you SIM up to maybe 3/5/10 Years and see what the stats look like then? Great observation by the way
I've simmed about 6 years and seen some really well developed players ranging from 85-97 one player was a 97 over at age 24 one at 91 age 24 but not everyone is an above average overall

Last edited by StizzyOG; 08-28-2014 at 02:11 PM.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:09 PM   #8
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmanosu1
Thanks for this.

How does everything else look? Any weird names? How does rookie equipment look?

I heard we can't change names or rankings. Do they at least look the part? No big elbow guards on running backs?
What constitutes a weird name in the NFL? Captain? Storm? Justice? Ace? Starlite? Those are all actual NFL names.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »