Home

Anyone having a problem with not having enough time to call a defensive play

This is a discussion on Anyone having a problem with not having enough time to call a defensive play within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2014, 01:49 PM   #25
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Anyone having a problem with not having enough time to call a defensive play

There is formation sub, but it glitches. Sometimes it will show sometimes it won't. There's been times where online it won't even bring up playcaller screen it goes immediately to line of scrimmage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 02:45 PM   #26
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Anyone having a problem with not having enough time to call a defensive play

Really don't like how it won't allow you to scroll through plays on 4th down until the offense picks a play. You end up getting around 7 secs to pick a play as is. I don't need the developers to save me from myself, if my opponent ends up kicking I could always go into special teams and pick a play

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 08-31-2014, 03:30 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I don't know if it's just me getting older, or the new interface, but I am having a hell of a time getting my defensive calls in on time.
It's the interface. Having to scroll down through formations is inefficient. Making it worse is that scrolling is clicky and jumpy, not smooth. Playcalling has some good ideas this year, but the physical layout is just horrible.
Old 08-31-2014, 04:05 PM   #28
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by friscob
Really don't like how it won't allow you to scroll through plays on 4th down until the offense picks a play. You end up getting around 7 secs to pick a play as is. I don't need the developers to save me from myself, if my opponent ends up kicking I could always go into special teams and pick a play
Press B/Circle and you can exit the waiting screen.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:26 PM   #29
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

I did have a problem at first. Not so much anymore. Something about the top-down look, for me at least, makes it harder to find the specific plays I'm looking for.

I still don't understand why there is time limit or why there isn't an option for it at least against the CPU. I can understand it user v. user but I do think it should be a bit longer and unlimited (or at least have the option) if you're playing the CPU. Especially with trying to get subs in as well. I always almost have to waste a play early in the game just so I can get some formation subs into the game.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:10 PM   #30
Pro

Neolithic's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I did have a problem at first. Not so much anymore. Something about the top-down look, for me at least, makes it harder to find the specific plays I'm looking for.

I still don't understand why there is time limit or why there isn't an option for it at least against the CPU. I can understand it user v. user but I do think it should be a bit longer and unlimited (or at least have the option) if you're playing the CPU. Especially with trying to get subs in as well. I always almost have to waste a play early in the game just so I can get some formation subs into the game.

That's what I want, for player VS CPU, let me just turn the choose a play clock off, or set it WAY higher, let me pick any number between 10 and 60 seconds, including turning it off. It hurts NO ONE!!, and it will make the game far more enjoyable, especially with the sluggish response from the UI, and the changes to the way plays are displayed and plotted out on the overlays.

I totally understand each person is different, and there needs to be a standard for online/competitive play, but for those of us who don't play online (I've never played a game of Madden online, ever....ever.) and are in it for the franchise mode, and just creating our own little NFL world, and stories, and dynasties, give us all the customization we can get. Does it really matter if we play on rookie, and win every game 100 to 0?? If we enjoy it, and are having fun, who cares??

For the record, I was making an extreme example, I don't enjoy winning 100 to 0, and I strive to make the game a challenge, but not having time to pick a play on defense isn't a "challenge" it's a "frustration".

I really hope they patch in some way of changing it, or at least extending the time out a bit.

If they don't, or at least until they do, I'll keep playing, and having fun, but know that I'm having a level of fun that I feel is artificially restricted due to frustrating issues, and not the challenge of the game between the white lines.

:/
Old 08-31-2014, 07:45 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezs07
For those saying it's enough time, you must not sub players for certain situations or if a player is tired sub another. I try to sub in Frontline and lb's with high strength for running defensive formations, and on nickel and dime my faster d-lineman. It's frustrating also cause the menu is so messed up right now where you'll see a totally different plays for the formation u chose. Like sometimes I'll see nickel plays when I chose a 3-4 defense. Don't get me started on the lag of choosing formation.
You are right. I don't even try to go to any packages or do a formation sub because the time is always movimg amd I dont get a chance to pick a play
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 07:51 PM   #32
Just started!

Didn't they allow us alooooong time ago to do formation subs offline like they do with the death chart and then save it. I think they did, they did it to save time and so players wouldn't have to pause before kickoff to do all the changes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »