Home

Post Tuning Running Game: Easy Peasy?

This is a discussion on Post Tuning Running Game: Easy Peasy? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2014, 01:10 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Post Tuning Running Game: Easy Peasy?

I just played my first game with the tuning and I didn't run the ball that while at all. Has a team I had 24 attempts for just 78 yards.
Old 09-07-2014, 03:58 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

Running is easier. I'm now easily rushing for over 200 with Gore. Even Lattimore is averaging 8 ypc.
Old 09-07-2014, 04:43 AM   #19
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk5049ers
Running is easier. I'm now easily rushing for over 200 with Gore. Even Lattimore is averaging 8 ypc.
Come play me - I'll stuff you with straight-sim adjustments. Guess I'll have to make some videos
Old 09-07-2014, 07:46 AM   #20
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
You don't need to run commit to stop the run
Yeah that depends on your opponent.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:08 AM   #21
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

The run game seems the same to me post tuner update. I usually run off tackle, right up the middle and a few option runs depending on the position of the defender(not option plays). I have only played on play now mode. I don't plan on going online to get spammed by the latest and greatest money plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2014, 09:11 AM   #22
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
It totally isn't - I shut down the run. I only give up one big run a game and it's usually due to poor tackling (broken tackles). Once I hone in on my opponents play calling tendencies then they're stuffed and helpless as I force them to pass.

I'm near the top 100, the vast majority of players just run the ball with their money plays. But when you properly align (base D, under and over fronts, mush rush if counter or off tackle) then you'll stuff em.

You can't just call any random defense - you actually have to understand how to set your front properly to control gaps to shut down the run.

It's just a matter of learning is all. Cover 3 sky plays work best at stopping the run because you have the safety playing backside contain, only other thing I'd recommend would be run blitzing them with cover 2/3 variations, but you must blitz the correct gap or be prepared to get got!

In real life defense is all about recognizing tendencies then putting your chips on the table that you're opponent will follow them. There is no end all be all defense play in real life, or in Madden.
What is mush rush? I have never heard of that.

best regards
Old 09-07-2014, 10:17 AM   #23
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
The run game seems the same to me post tuner update. I usually run off tackle, right up the middle and a few option runs depending on the position of the defender(not option plays). I have only played on play now mode. I don't plan on going online to get spammed by the latest and greatest money plays.
Play now doesnt seem to have the "tuner issue". Its cfm that it seems the run D breaks down. But it isnt as bad as people are saying. I had 1 initial game were it was way crazy, but for the most part, it isnt all that out of wack. I lowered my run blk back down to 40-50ish and am seeing good averages all around. Just my opinion.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 09-07-2014, 10:26 AM   #24
Rookie

Caius101's Arena

Being a dedicated running team, I tend to put up 140+ yards per game, before and after the tuning. Even before it, when things were moving smoothly Jennings was getting 5 YPC, he's still averaging about the same. Biggest difference I've noticed (which may just be that I've improved their pass protection), is my line isn't letting someone hammer Eli 4-5+ times per game. lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »