Home

Post Tuning Running Game: Easy Peasy?

This is a discussion on Post Tuning Running Game: Easy Peasy? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-06-2014, 12:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Post Tuning Running Game: Easy Peasy?

Just wanted to get everyone's thoughts on the running game, after downloading the latest tuning file from EA. Based on a limited sample size, approx. 8 games, I have to say that the running game is very much easier now. I can average almost 8-10 yds per carry with Reggie Bush and easily rush for over 200+ yards each game on All Pro settings. Before the new tuning file, I was averaging about 4-5 yds per carry.

After the tune, two things quickly stood out to me. OL blocking is much better. OL lineman hold their blocks longer now, creating big holes to run through. Also, the RBs break tackles much more often now, resulting in longer gains. These two changes dramatically changed the game for me, as I now can easily score 50+ points each game.

The new tuning file has brought back the dreaded "Maddenball" to both off and online gaming. Online games now are usually, who has the ball last wins, as it is much more difficult to stop the offense. Seems like EA dumb downed the game for the online "stick skillz" gamers. As a sim guy, it saddens me to see EA make these changes, as they touted a new dedication to creating a sim game.

Please let me know of your game experiences, post tuning file. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2014, 12:38 PM   #2
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Post Tuning Running Game: Easy Peasy?

They added a blocking scheme. Its called Grand Canyon lol.
But yes, I am seeing the same thing. I had a nice average all around for the run game and was very happy with it until they tuned it. Hope they find a comfortable medium. I think they should of did more of a qb trait fix then the "win chance".

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 09-06-2014, 12:44 PM   #3
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Feels like breaking to the outside is back to being as easy as it was last year...smh
Old 09-06-2014, 12:56 PM   #4
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I don't know what the deal is. I've only played 2 post tuner games (Play Now), and have not had the running game be easy at all, inside or outside runs.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:00 PM   #5
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Everytime a tuner comes out, there are always people claiming something is easier even though it wasn't even touched. Placebo effect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2014, 01:06 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I don't know what the deal is. I've only played 2 post tuner games (Play Now), and have not had the running game be easy at all, inside or outside runs.
Yup, I'm right there with you. I won't say I haven't noticed its a tad easier but I think it's waaaaay overdramatic from some. There are still block sheds and great pursuit angles I just notice now not all of my linemen blocks are shed immediately. And yes I do patiently wait for my holes to open before sprinting.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:19 PM   #7
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Feels like breaking to the outside is back to being as easy as it was last year...smh
This is not the case - if you call the right defensive front / play and mush rush then you'll stuff em for big losses.

I at most give up 80 yards rushing even to the McFadden cheesers that run counters/HB Power out of these cheese formations.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:26 PM   #8
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhurricane266
Yup, I'm right there with you. I won't say I haven't noticed its a tad easier but I think it's waaaaay overdramatic from some. There are still block sheds and great pursuit angles I just notice now not all of my linemen blocks are shed immediately. And yes I do patiently wait for my holes to open before sprinting.
I do as well. I lay off the turbo till I see a crease or get in to the open.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »